Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Don't want everyone getting split up and killing the community before its begun.

Created Metatag ORCGoons. I'll friend request the few that put down their gts so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Believe I've added everyone so far to the Metatag. If you didn't get a request from ORCGoons then send a request to it or just keep listing your GTs.

I played some versus and I was enjoying myself. I was very hesitant about another Slant Six game after the SOCOM fiasco but I watched the 2 hour ORC tournament that Gamespot had on Youtube and I was sold.

If anyone is still on the fence about what the multiplayer is like, I'd recommend watching it to get an idea of how a game can go when your squad is having fun playing it.

EDIT: Here's the Youtube link to the tournament just skip past the first ten minutes of blabbing.

Gamespot ORC Tournament

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 20, 2012

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

That's only true for people with bad eyes. A higher resolution is never a bad thing.

For those who have played this, does it feel like SOCOM? Do enemies ragdoll or get dismembered or die in rewarding ways? This is important.

Its a little stiffer than SOCOM. You can snatch zombies up and kick them down stairs but they don't ragdoll. It feels more akin to SOCOM 4 than Confrontation. Still, the added element of zombies/hunters/lickers in the fray certainly keeps it from being some hohum affair and you have to stay moving or die quick.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Have you gotten the chance to put any real time into the multiplayer? I'm really interested in knowing how the whole player/player/AI online combat deal worked out, because it sounded like the coolest thing.

I haven't touched single player yet so I've put about two hours into MP. I think the player/player/AI dynamic is more than enough to keep things tense the entire match. It's not like the zombies are shambling around stupidly while you get free reign to gun down your opponent. The zombies are a mix of the Las Plagas and shambling types, with Crimson Heads thrown into the mix. Some maps start off light on AI and before the end of the match there's an AI Nemesis roaming around, Hunters have been released and Lickers are clinging to the ceiling. It doesn't take much to get infected so you can't just wade through the zombies and soak up damage either. Once you get infected, you have about 20 seconds to find an antiviral spray or you'll transform into a zombie.

When you get zombified, you can control which direction you run but if one of your teammates gets in your line of sight, your character will lock onto them and try to attack them. It's not that annoying though because they are easily dealt with so it's not as if you are constantly getting murdered by your teammates. Plus, if you notice their infection is almost complete, you can gun them down yourself before they change.

Anyways, you're not a bullet sponge and if your enemy gets the drop on you, then it only takes a few bursts to kill you or make you bleed (which swarms all the zombies towards you) As an advantage though, it's rather hard to camp without someone watching your back because some zombie is going to wander up on the camper and start grappling them. So yeah, I find the multiplayer to be rather refreshing and enjoyable. I hope to see more people use communication because that's where the fun is.

EDIT: And I'm not stating the AI is some kind of spectacular intelligence. It just does its job very well of keeping you off balance and unable to focus on just killing the other team.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 20, 2012

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Azzy posted:

I'm up for some co-op Add me to the metatag.

GT: azzystyle

I'll be getting on the meta-tag ORCGoons in about an hour and adding everyone that has requested or asked to be added so far.

EDIT: Added all that I have gotten requests from up to Azzystar, if you aren't added, let me know.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 20, 2012

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Well I had a great time playing with the Xbox goons that I partied up with tonight. I really believe that if you are taking anything about this game seriously or trying to play it alone then you'll be miserable. Otherwise, I haven't had this much goofy fun in a coop game in quite a while. The AI is stupid, the story is cliched and there's flaws to deal with. You hardly are bothered by it when your group is riffing through the single player.

Just get a good group together,and have fun with it, I'm fairly certain those negative attitudes will start to evaporate....Unless of course that person is the type that has to nitpick and nonstop bitch about everything to their Xbox party, in which case I didn't want to play with that loving whiner anyways.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

I'm playing as Party guurrrl! so that I can drive my teammates nuts by obnoxiously screaming some kind of sonar sound into the mic every time I use her ability. Otherwise playing as Four-eyes and demanding that no one kill my pet zombies in the name of science or driving zombies crazy with her hot pheromone action.

Updating the meta-tag in a while and I'll be playing off and on tonight.

EDIT: Also constantly trying to horribly imitate a Japanese accent yelling "I can feel the T-Virus inside of me!"

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 21, 2012

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Deviant posted:

Is there a 360 metatag?

If not, I'm going to play soon as OhGodKillerBees on XBL

I'm managing the metatag ORCGoons Just send a request and I'll get you added today.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Dragonrah posted:

Thank God...this would have ruined everything. Ok, I'm being overly dramatic, but it would have sucked a lot.

The game isn't co-op the whole way through like RE5. I need to find the source but the way I understand it, you reach a section and it prompts you to find a person online that is doing the same section and fight together until you get through it. Sounds pretty lame.

Edit: I may be mistaken that there is 2 player coop all the way through and then this crossover mode being touted

PS Blog posted:

PlayStation.Blog: So Crossover randomly pairs players around the world playing at the same part of the game and at the same time? So we can’t just invite friends to get through a specific crossover section? Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, Producer, Resident Evil 6: Yes, that’s exactly how it works….The concept of this feature is to have people joining you in real time and seamlessly, so whenever you happen to be at a point where you get to China as Leon, for example, somebody else in the world who’s playing roughly at the same time and they’re also about to get at that point or they’re already there as Jake, he or she will join you. So the idea is more to have a surprise about who’s going to play with you. If want to play with your friends, we recommend, first and foremost, playing with them within the storyline on the co-op, so you’ll be Jake and your friend is Sherry, or you’ll be Leon and your friend is Helena.

Of course, if want to play with friends there’s a setting for it, so whenever you come to a chapter or a story section where there’s going to be a crossover, you get a little prompt before that section asking if you want live players joining your game at this point. If you feel like playing on your own or you don’t want to play with a guy you don’t know, you can go with the AI and it’ll be you and three other AI-controlled characters. You can also choose between letting anyone come in or only friends. Of course, because you’re playing in the storyline, it means you’re not going to have a lobby as in a deathmatch, you’re going to get in touch with your friend and tell him to play the same section at the same time with the specific characters, and both will have to set the online co-op to “friends only.”

We see the concept of this feature as not necessarily being “get your friend on the other side of the crossover”, but “get your friend at the same side as you”.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Len posted:

I can't vouch for the rest of them just yet. But 0 is painful gameplay wise. The cutscenes are probably the best in the entire series and even beat out punching a boulder on the goofy scale though.

Edit: You only get 12 inventory slots and you have to pick between things like guns/ammo for both characters or your key items. I just had to dedicate five slots to key items. The shotgun takes 2. The grenade launcher takes 2. It's a mess.

Is there a map for Raccoon City and the surrounding countryside somewhere? The geography just doesn't make sense in my mind.