Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Where is the interface to spend skill points located? I'm at the gas station scene with Leon, but I'm not sure if I'm missing it or if skills are something that will be unlocked farther down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Darko posted:

And without following game news/sites regularly, there's no real way to know this before playing the next game in the series. I wouldn't play another after this without looking ahead of time to see changes, but that's the impact of it branching so far in this direction. It's not quite playing Mario and getting Contra - it's playing Mario 64 and then getting more fetch questing as opposed to platforming in Sunshine.

I figured this out from reading four reviews on release day. Every review said "more like 4, less like 1," and noted that the companion was no longer played by a frog with a controller.

Me I'm glad the game has moved in the direction of 4, which is one of my favorite games. And after just half an hour with Mercenaries I'm happy with my purchase. I'll play through the campaign too, but I'd pay the cover price for anything with Mercenaries in it.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Still loving Mercenaries, but I got through the first two chapters of Jake's story and goddamn I hate how stubbornly uncommunicative the game is. It starts with the fact there's no manual, and continues throughout the game. It's like being in a lovely relationship. I know that it wants something, and I'm obviously not doing the right thing, but damned if it's going to tell me what it wants.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Tremors posted:

I know the printing on the inside of the cover looks like gibberish, and they could have made this stand out more, but it does have a link to the manual. http://www.capcom.com/manuals/re6/

Thank you for this. Still, I've spent most of Jake's campaign wondering why the game won't just tell me to do. Take for instance, one of my favorite moments in video games. In Condemned 2, you get chased by this huge, angry bear, and the first time it appears, the word RUN shows up on the screen in great big letters. The game is communicating to you that you are in "bear time," which means your only option is to run, as opposed to "hobo time" where you can save yourself with weapons. RE6 does a bad time telling me when I'm in bear time and when I'm in hobo time.