Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Augus posted:

for a second I thought you meant sliding as in, like, "water slides", and now I can't stop thinking about a Resident Evil game taking place in a zombie-infested Disney World knockoff

If not that then I'd love to see a Dying Light/Disney World crossover with Kyle getting increasingly sick of parkouring around attractions and hitting undead pirates in the face with burning candyfloss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Resident Evil Megathread 2: R3make is too skort.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Does the 'bash A when grabbed' reduce damage or is it possible to negate it completely? I'm just dicking around with those two zombies by the garage checking stuff out/loving with graphics settings at the minute trying to get the muscle mermory of RE4 out my hands as I've been playing that a lot the past couple weeks.

Game seems oddly blurry (MSI GTX970, 2K) with the default settings, though turning off AA, motion blur and depth of field helps a bit

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

I had that too but assumed it was included with the usual Steam first time setup thing

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Sadly I think we're in for RE6 style semipointless multiplayer DLC, if we get much beyond 'all the guns for a tenner'.

I initially remember being sad DMCV didn't get much substantial DLC after Bloody Palace was activated but actually in hindsight it was quite refreshing that Capcom just went "here's the game. It's done, enjoy".

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

When I finish this (I'm slow. Halfway through the police station atm at around 2hrs15 on the actual clock) I'm quite looking forward to the store. I'm eyeing up the hotdogger like Chris eyes up boulders, is it any good?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

If they did do a plagas origin story it'd still feature Chris who is now so buff he punched a hole through time.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

I think if you do like Resistance I'd make the most of it now before it inevitably dies.
I've had a poke about the tutorials and tried to do a mission or two in SP to get a feel for it but its really not balanced for solo survivor at all until you know where everything is likely to spawn. (I'm also probably poo poo at it).
I can't really see it lasting longer than a couple of months.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

I'd like Mercenaries to be available straight off the bat in a REM4KE.
Having played it years ago on PS2, I got to just after Ashleigh runs off in the castle on the Steam version just before RE3 came out and whilst I loved the village bits and the castle is enjoyable, having lost momentum I'm not super fussed about going back to it immediately to finish up. The expanded length is cool but very noticeable after playing something as compact as the 2 or 3 remakes.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

I started up RE5 for the first time today (I'm playing back through the ones I haven't played before, there's quite a few...), I can't decide if it looks good or not graphically, the filters and lighting are really cinematic but the models are a bit fluffy in places. I'm probably spoiled from playing Dead Space 2 this week, slightly newer game but still 360 era and it looks gorgeous even now.

One thing that did really surprise me is I opened my game up to randoms and there was pretty much a queue to join. I hosed up the first one cos I had no idea what the messages wanted from me, telling me to "restart", but that dude was called Albert Wesker so maybe I dodged a bullet there... The next person was able to join just fine and after getting to the end of 1-2 I definitely see how this game was designed with two people playing in mind, luring the Uroborous about was great fun.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Definitely, it clicked a hell of a lot more during that second chapter with someone else. I was trying to remember all the poo poo I'd half remembered from guides about what not to give Sheva so she doesn't use all my stuff

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

On my second run through R3MAKE I quite liked looking to see where I was at with the challenges after my first natural playthrough, like "oh, I only need 13 more Magnum kills to get that one" (i barely used it in my first playthrough), so doing a reload or two in the lab to get them wasn't a massive diversion for me, it didnt feel too grindy and it was nice letting loose with the gun I'm most hesitant to use due to perceived ammo scarcity.

Some of the higher kill count ones are a bit ridiculous but depending on how much someone likes the game, especially multiple attempts at speed running it, I can see those 4 figure kill counts being attainable.

Playing it through the second time /not quite fast enough for the challenge, a bit over 2.20, reminded me of the days when I'd complete MGS on the PS1 in an afternoon and I kinda like that.

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 19, 2020

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Kibayasu posted:

So what words have “IX” in them?

Resident Evil sIX.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Wanderer posted:

I thought its sequel, Ties That Bind, was a solid iteration on the first game's concepts in every way besides base difficulty.

That game wasn't hard, it was just blatantly unfair.

I had a known bug occur after about 15 hours playtime where a lift refuses to trigger so you cannot progress at all.
Coincidentally, this was the day I started making use of multiple save files for any game that allows them.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

BiggerBoat posted:

I guess because 7 was so different from previous entries so maybe people weren't sure if the idea moving forward was to keep changing it up a little? I wasn't certain what to expect. I recently went back to replay RE7 and, for some reason, didn't like it as much the second time around even though I loved it when it was released. 8 looks cool as hell but I'm not buying a new console anytime soon so I'll be back in 5 years with my review. Hopefully the castle is designed to echo the maze like structure of the mansion in RE1 but we'll see I guess.

Meanwhile, if I want a decent scare, I just grabbed Alien:Isolation for Xbone and plan on trying Dead Space 2 after that.

DS2 has held up really well, I played through it earlier this year, graphics and sound design are top notch still and has some proper "what-the-actual-gently caress" setpieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Has anyone modded Mr T into RE2?