Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Cardboard Fox posted:

Since February is looking rather thin for games I may as well get back into the Resident Evil series. I've always wanted to play through all the good games, but only managed to beat 4 and 5. I have most of them lying around somewhere, but I wanted to ask you guys what order I should play them in. I'm thinking:

1. Resident Evil remake
2. Resident Evil 2
3. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Resident Evil 5

Where does Code Veronica and 0 come in? Are there any others that I don't know about that are worth playing? And are there any remakes on 2 and 3 I'm not aware about? It's going to be a little weird going from the GC version of 1 to the PSX versions of 2 and 3.

Code Veronica comes after Nemesis, and is pretty good, all in all. 0 pretty much sucks so feel free to pass over it. 2 and 3 did get a port to the GCN a couple years back but they're exactly the same as their PSX counterparts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

TheJoker138 posted:

They're the exact same game, but the Wii version has motion controls tacked on.

That and they removed a few bugs, like the Infinite Grenade Launcher Ammo trick you can do in Jill's game.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Cold Sprunk posted:

Can you play RE:4 HD on the 360 and still be in an Xbox Live party and all that stuff? Normally with re-relaseses or older games they have those features disabled.

No reason I can think of that you wouldn't be able to, since the 360 release was the first time it came out on the 360 and thus should be up to the specifications of any 2011 release.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

NESguerilla posted:

The Wii ones? I liked those.

Nah, the earlier ones. Survivor at least better be on that list.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

NESguerilla posted:

To the small camp of people that don't want to move and shoot in RE6 because of the horror or whatever...Moving and shooting is better. You can do it in Revelations and it makes it play significantly better while leaving the feel in tact. You move really slowly while aiming so it's really just good for tweaking your shot and not feeling locked down by the controls. It offers advantage when it comes to avoiding enemies and you will still be running to the end of the hall and quick turning constantly. It makes it feel alot like dead space to me.

But moving and shooting wouldn't be :qq:A REAL RESIDENT EVIL EXPERIENCE:qq:

Really though the move and shoot option doesn't sound too bad. I haven't really played Revelations at all so I don't know how well it got done but I can give it the benefit of the doubt.