Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
It's probably been said a billion times before in this thread (and everywhere else), but Resident Evil 4 is loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

Oh Christ, I forgot about Code Veronica. No gently caress that game as well.

The only good thing about CV is the god-tier knife. That thing is so ridiculously over-powered that there's basically no reason to ever use your gun against zombies.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

SRM posted:

Do you really want to play RE5 without co-op?

Single player is nowhere as bad as people make it to be and can actually be an enjoyable experience. The trick is to give your partner a good rifle and not let them carry more than one health item.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Is there a document in RE4 that explains why there's Sumerian ruins in Spain?

Castor Poe fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 17, 2014

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Same reason Salazar's castle has a room full of lava.

Just Because.

Honestly, is the room full of lava even possible?

Ah, I see.

The lava room is not even the most baffling room in Salazar's Castlevania. Nope, it's the gallery room with a loving GUN TURRET in it.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Commissar Ken posted:

Give Jill flippy dumb ninja poo poo and a grenade launcher and make Rebecca the MvC2 Jill assist with the herbs.

And most importantly, make the boulder from RE5, and an evil version of it (Shin Boulder), unlockable characters.

Castor Poe fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 19, 2014

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Playing as Chris in RE1 is a lot harder than I remembered. How did I put up with that poo poo :negative:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Mogomra posted:

Seriously. The whole time you're just running back and forth between objectives because you don't have the inventory space for all those damned keys.

It's loving ridiculous. Playing as Chris is such a frustrating soul-sucking experience.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Are you playing the Director's Cut? poo poo gets even more real. I don't think I ever beat it with Chris, it was just so loving hard.

Yep, but I'm playing on Standard Mode though.

Castor Poe fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 4, 2014

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

"Looks like we got to the root of the problem" :smug:

poo poo like that almost makes up for Chris' limited inventory space. :allears:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Full Battle Rattle posted:

With the new controls it's much, much better. Before, retreating from an oncoming zombie you had two options - back up (slower than a zombie lunge, likely to get you bitten) or turn around (requires multiple button presses and difficult to pull off consistently). Now you can attack and retreat at full speed.

Stick and move!

The new controls completely break the game, though. Also, running around without constantly bumping into walls and furniture like some drunk rear end in a top hat, with Hunters or zombies breathing down your neck, just feels wrong and kinda ruins the old school Resident Evil experience, imo.

Chris' campaign on Real Survival mode sound like complete loving utter madness. :psyduck:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

John Luebke posted:

I should mention though that the european version runs a lot slower due to the PAL conversion. Since you're familiar with the game already, you might want to go for the japanese version then, VA is still english and you get the uncensored intro.

Isn't the Japanese version ridiculously easy, though?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

I think I'll finally start playing my copy of re1 HD tonight. Anything worth knowing? I've never played the gc version, just the original directors cut and I plan to go as Jill.

There's a better version of the shotgun that can be easy to miss in the underground area with the sharks. Also, let Barry die.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Look at these sentimental fools who never got to experience the wonders of Barry's god-tier magnum.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Be honest guys, how pissed would you be if they replaced Leon's glorious Halloween costume with a proper legit police uniform in REmake2?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm really hoping for some kind of recurring gag about how nobody ever listens to Leon

"Don't shoot, I'm a hu-"

Insert Disc 2

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Lunethex posted:

FINALLY: Resident Evil 7 may be coming to E3 2016.

Another claim that it's "a clean slate returning to its roots" though. I have faith that it will be good and not at all what they say it is.

Any words on RE2make?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

So, the only FPS horror game I liked was Alien: Isolation and I like my RE goofy and b-moviesque as gently caress. Will I like REVII?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Download and play the free prologue/demo! You'll know exactly whether you'll like it or not.

I love it, but some people can't stand the controls. You will never once in the game sprint down a hallway, strafing and going full auto with your assault rifle before landing a dope 360 no-scope.

Oh, I've played the demo two months ago and hated it ( didn't feel very RE-ish to me ). I've heard that it doesn't really reflect the game though?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

I guess I'll wait until it's on sale. Thanks guys!

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

I have a few questions before I pick this up next paycheck:

1) Does it kinda fall apart once you reach the sewers like the OG RE2 or did they make the last two section actually good?

2) How Leonesque is Leon in this one? Are we dealing with B-action movie hero Leon or "Please don't shoot I'm a human!" Leon?

3) Is the city section longer? Any new areas?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Thanks guys.

Not gonna lie, I'm slightly less hyped about the game. I'm glad we, at least, get to witness the seeds of RE4 Leon being planted.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I don't like how long it takes to get to the first item box in RE7. First you have the walking-simulator bit and then I died to Mia several times until I learned I could just loop around in a circuit. Then you have a chase with Jack and annoyingly using menus doesn't pause time. After this point does the game shift into key-hunting, item-management and mold-cleaning?

You're almost there. If I remember correctly, it starts feeling like an RE game once you reach a room that kinda looks like the main hall from RE1.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

I can't tell if this is a parody or not:

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/59xgqz/resident-evil-2-survivor-compassion

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Wow, they really dropped the ball with Scenario B. As good as the game is, I can't help but feel cheated.

Hopefully we'll get a new scenario, mercenaries and extreme battle mode at some point?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jesus loving Christ, Hunk mode doesn't gently caress around. Any tips?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Thank you all for the tips! I managed to make it to the S.T.A.R.S hallway and got insta killed by one of these loving plantmen this time. Baby steps, I suppose. :v:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

I beat Leon B like 6 hours ago and I still can't get his amazing delivery of "gently caress you" out of my head.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Speaking of keys, all I can think of when I see the keys in this game are bayonetta's lollipops. When they are spent, you should be able to eat them for a defense boost.

Capcom, if you're reading this, please make eating keys a game mechanic in the REm4ke. Also, add more wrestling moves. Thanks.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Azran posted:

Playing on Assisted, just got to the sewers. I may be a little too conservative with ammo at the moment, got like 120 pistol rounds, 30 Magnum and like 12 shotgun shells. Also I'm a compulsive saver so there go my dreams of an S run in the future, I guess. The game's loving excellent so far.

If this is your first RE, please know that, upon killing the final boss, it
is pretty much part of the RE experience to realize you have enough ammo to take on a small country and think "drat, I should've used the shotgun more often".

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

I apologize in advance if it's been asked a thousand times before, but are we gonna get more DLC down the line?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We still have no idea. There are a million clickbait articles and speculation that They’re Remaking RE3 And Code Veronica And Gaiden Right Now! but we don’t have anything to go on.

There was a very dark period between the YouTube announcement video of RE2R, and the game’s emergence as an actual game. Lost souls would run back and forth across twitch and reddit, proclaiming The Game Would Definitely Have Tank Controls Because. Hopefully this isn’t as bad.

Lol at Gaiden.

Thanks buddy.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

I wish REmake kept that lovely little fist pump Chris and Jill do when they solve the CPU puzzle in the lab.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Will Mike by in RE4make? Leon and Mike's short but intense bromance is probably my favorite thing from the original.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I'll take that over ever playing that nonsense segment of Mike the Unhelpful ever again.

Mods?!

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

The whole game should be voiced by Keith David. Every character, every ganado.

The Leon and Salazar scenes :allears:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

I know this is the RE thread, but is the Silent Hill HD Collection worth it?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Thanks guys! I'll get the PC version.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Medullah posted:

If you want to play the Enhanced Edition of SH2 on PC, you can send me a PM or email (username @gmail.com) and I can help you set it up.

I already got it running. I'll definitely hit you up if I run into an issue with the mod. Thanks buddy.

Captain Hygiene posted:

The general horror games thread in here has been pretty hot on various Silent Hill discussions lately too, it's a good place if you want to chat more about the game.

Oh nice, thanks for the heads up!

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

gently caress these goddamn dogs in the maze. Jesus loving Christ.
Also, why is the aiming so clunky? I don't remember the aiming being this lovely in the previous REmakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

aiming is fine on ps5, but i hear its hosed up on xbox for some reason

Yeah, I'm on Series X.