Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TheJoker138 posted:

RE: Apocalypse is an awful movie, sure. But it's fun. Same goes for all of them.

Different subject: A friend just pointed out to me that the RE6 logo looks like a woman blowing a giraffe. I will never be able to unsee it now. It's like 2012 olympics logo all over again.

Hate to be the guy who needs it spelled out for him, but...how? I mean, I can see the "giraffe with a backwards head" bit, but where is someone blowing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Does anyone know if there was a thread for RE4 when it first came out? A link would be awesome, I've had no luck finding it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Dewgy posted:

"drat, RE3's giving me a gently caress-ton of ammo! I'm invincible!"

*Nemesis shows up, owns me immediately*

"Hmmmm..." :thunk:

I'm picturing it going like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXW02XmBGQw

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

el oso posted:

Any good recommendations for a good RE3 LP?

This but with RE2. And if anyone’s wondering the best RE4 LP is Freelance Astronauts all the way.

Edit: the RE4 speed run by LetsGetPitted is good too

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Gorn Myson posted:

What happened to the Freelance Astronauts anyway? Did they just grow up and get jobs? I'm not a fan of LPs at all but I enjoyed them a lot back in the day.

They were how I found SA, their old GTA: Vice City video. And I guess so, I think a few members of the old Doc Roosevelt gang still stream occasionally. It must be weird to grave gotten out of the LP thing just before it went mainstream

While we’re talking about it, the RunButton LP of 7 is...fine

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekLxc7S0-C0

Basically they all moved away from each other and Life made getting together to record a pain.

And speaking of the Roosevelt Crew, I got in touch with Rirse to see about uploading all the old Harry Potter LP stuff. I hope that will happen soon but in the meantime, in case you didn't know, he has a lot of their old content on his channel like Mafia, BloodRayne, True Crime, etc.:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RirseDeBlood

It's so weird to look back at some of these videos, ten years old at the most, and to realize how much things have changed. You won't see an LP nowadays that liberally uses the R-Word, F-word or even the N-bomb at times. It was truly a different era, sorta the Wild West of LP'ing.

Wow I haven’t seen most of that stuff in ages! And I mean you will if you watch a PewDiePie video, heyooooo

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
RE4 probably doesn’t need a remake, for a game that’s just had its 14th (holy poo poo) birthday, it holds up incredibly well. The graphics could probably use a little help but from what I remember the PS4 release looks pretty solid.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Reminds me of this elderly meme from early Slenderman times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acBnEHT-fBo

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Finally beat Assisted mode for Leon A, just under 6 hours (I am a clown man) and now I’m ready for Claire B. Then I’m gonna do the whole thing again with retro music/costumes.

So far the most satisfying thing is getting the odd head explosion with the first shot from the pistol. On that note, between this and RDR2 I’m happy to see gory destroyable bodies make their return, it’s been too long.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
This is my favorite scene in Condemned 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtQjM-IA5M

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’m about to start Claire B, is grenade launcher ammunition about as plentiful as shotgun ammunition?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Gully Foyle posted:

I wish Ada didn't still wear high heels though - in the original when she was posing as the girlfriend of one of the researchers, it made a bit of sense to be dressed up. But posing as an FBI agent attempting to investigate Umbrella? Wear some sensible footwear!

To be fair she’s wearing red-bottoms, they are bloody shoes.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Quick question: I’m doing Claire B and I just saw Mr X get eviscerated by Gherkin, does that mean no more Mr X for the rest of the game?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Basticle posted:

yes. theres more than one Mr. X but thats the only one that is chasing Claire, the other is the one that Leon fights and eventually kills with the rocket launcher

Good to know, it kinda makes things less stressful! RIP to a real one though.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I get that’s the only way it makes sense canonically but two of them is really stupid. I guess it’s as dumb as 2 spade keys or whatever.

The whole a/b scenario thing doesn’t work the second you think about it at all.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
As soon as I got the 9mm from the cop car I left both revolvers in the box. Plus 45 ammunition is super scarce whereas with crafting I have more than enough 9mm since I only use the high powered powder for the Uzi, which has become my primary gun. You all weren’t lying, it absolutely melts legs.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Basticle posted:

45 ammo replaces all 9mm ammo in the B route, are you talking about Claire's "high powered" (.357 magnum) revolver ammo?

There’s the 357 magnum rounds, the 45 rounds for the Single Action, and the 9mm ammunition that goes in the JMB HP3, though the ammunition might only be available with gunpowder.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Basticle posted:

Right, but the 45 ammo replaces all of the 9mm pickups in the game, its hardly scarce.

For me it was, instead of picking up 10-20 bullets at a time I was only getting 5-10 bullets if that. Once I got to the point of having twice as much 9mm ammo it just made sense to switch. Especially now that Mr X will no longer be giving it to me, I’m not worried about getting loud :getin:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Barudak posted:

Nope, basic gunpowder always makes basic bullets.

For basic bitches

codo27 posted:

I have to say, while frustrated with the gunplay, I'm most disappointed in the PG nature of the deaths. poo poo bag just face palmed me to death, show that poo poo. Make it a bonafide Fatality

Nothing so far beats the acid to the face and chainsaw decapitation from RE4 imo, but a chomp from a plant zombie is pretty gruesome

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Once Doctor Evil starts stomping around the main hall isn’t a safe space anymore so gently caress it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The RPD is changed to the Raccoon City Mall, and the badges tweaked to make them security guards.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Still in awe at these graphics
https://twitter.com/chunk_widebody/status/1095139489964609537?s=21

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Wasn’t it that once the plaga hatched it would be deadly to remove it? That’s why Leon and Ashley were able to use the laser removal thing, it hadn’t hatched yet.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It’s disappointing the side character stuff is tied to the player character rather than A/B scenario. Leon and Sherry or Claire and Ada would both be funny.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I hope they dress Jill in baggy jeans and a hoodie to piss off the nerds

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Andrigaar posted:

That's a bit late in the 90s for the grunge look.

I knew dudes dressing like Jersey Shore guidos as late as 2016

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
This just in: Overlord is the best Resident Evil movie so far.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Why would this piss anyone off? No one cared when they changed Claire and Leon's outfits.

She’s dressed in a miniskirt and a tube top, it’s Lara Croft levels of fan service. Remember when the reboot came out and they gave her a more realistic breast size? The dweebs were pissed.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

s.i.r.e. posted:

What do you mean "more realistic breast size?" Jill's never been stacked and I don't recall anyone ever moaning about her appearance in REmake, and if anything they made it worse since they introduced boob jiggle in that game and based her looks off an actual model.

That part was about Lara Croft

CJacobs posted:

Leon's suit of RPD Gundam armor stands out in a not good way to me even in the original because he is the only police officer in the entire game who wears it, but can you imagine the rioting that would have happened if he hadn't been wearing it in the remake and instead just had a normal RPD uniform?

It's not that unrealistic for riot gear, it's just a uniform with a thermal underneath, a bulletproof vest, and knee/elbow pads.

I do like that he starts off in 90s-appropriate street clothes.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I can’t even beat the Kendo mission on training mode. loving plantboys and their insta-kills.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Hot take alert: I’d rather see RE1 remake in the style of the Re2make than RE3.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Ah yes, Ruth Gator Binsburg

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Black August posted:

Did not realize until a scattered rewatch today just HOW MUCH that Resident Evil 2 drew inspiration from Terminator 2, and how well

I would have said the first Terminator more than anything. It’s interesting how much Japanese developers lift wholesale from Hollywood movies when making games set in America (see: the school in Silent Hill being copied from Kindergarten Cop)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’ve definitely heard Shiggy in an ironic way before.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I beat Claire's story and unlocked Leon 2nd. Should I do that next or start with Leon's original story?

Do Leon B next.

Then do Leon A Claire B :madmax:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
PlayStation people, the spring sale is on and pretty much all RE stuff is on sale. I got REmake, 0, and the bonus items for RE2make for a total of about $12

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
drat, infinite weapons in RE2make is hilarious and game breaking.

Of course Mr X can sometimes get a punch or two in while I reload the MP5, but still.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Starsnostars posted:

I'm playing Resident Evil remake for the first time in over a decade and it is hard. I am definitely not playing it optimally and shooting almost every zombie I see is definitely going to comeback to bite me.

It’s next on my list after I finish replaying 2, and I’m a bit nervous lol

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Itchy Tasty, the book on the history of Resident Evil, is out today

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I just started heisenberg’s factory, how far am I from the end?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Am I crazy or after surviving the lycan attack most of the hand animations give way to the whole coating key in the door thing? It makes it feel a little cheap, honestly. Still enjoying the game though. Definitely one I could see replaying more than 7, which I love but the molded are like my least favorite enemies to fight. Mowing down lycans etc with an infinite upgraded pistol/shotgun is a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I play resident evil games on assisted because I like feeling overpowered.

Except 4, I play that on standard because I’ve played it so many times before.