Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The trailer for Res 6 just about blew my tiny little mind. Resident Evil 2 still holds a special spot in my mind in terms of "true" survival horror, but the ludicrously (in terms of the series) over-the-top action seen in #6 has me drooling. Seeing civilians in-game, a cover system (that hopefully won't suck), and (hopefully) more melee attacks? Count me in.

I just hope the title sees release in 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Schlegel Mach posted:

Sheva :saddowns:

It took me longer than expected to keep from giving her any healing items. I'd stub my toe, and she'd be all "HOLY SH*T CHRIS LEMME GIVE YOU THAT RED/GREEN HERB COMBO FIX YOU RIGHT UP." Playing with a buddy is the only way to go, IMHO.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I just finished my first playthrough of Remake on sissy babby mode. Had to switch from the new controls back to tank in one particular instance only, during a timed puzzle mid-game. The new controls are pretty solid, though they can be maddening during rooms that have multiple camera angles.

Who was Son-of-Wesker suplexing in that gif from five pages ago? I don't recognize that scene at all, was it from Revelations?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Resident Evil 6, final fight against Ustanak.

drat, I wasn't playing properly then, would've appreciated pulling that off.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Not really a spoiler, but unlockable costumes are selectable from the opening 'once again' menu.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Geight posted:

I'm considering buying The Evil Within since it's on the steam weekend sale - If I like Resident Evil in all its various iterations, will I probably like that?

TEW is no RE4, but I liked it; for 23CA it's worth it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I liked RE4's inventory management, with the briefcase and all that expands the more money you sink into it. It would have broke (probably literally more than figuratively) the game to somehow work it into Remake, but it would have been really nice.

Also what a total cocktease, giving us 0 when all we really want is 2. Seriously capcom. Just remake 2. Please.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

How is it a cocktease? The game is complete. It requires no further effort to sell.

... I just want a high-res refinishing of the sequel, like Remake. Let me dream :unsmith:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I watched the trailer for Revelations 2. Barry's looking an awful lot like James whatshisface from Inside the Actor's Studio.

Gonna be real disappointed when you don't start off with a magnum, too.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

How is the original Resident Evil: Revelations? Worth playing?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Is there any official word on another Res title? I'd play the poo poo out of a road warrior style RE game.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Barudak posted:

If they do flashbacks in future games if Chris is telling the story he needs to be jacked and if Jill is telling it he needs to be RE1 size.

If only the series were this self-aware, because that would be loving hilarious.

Beefbus Chris is how I remember him, playing through Remake I completely forgot how different his character model was in the previous titles.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

First encounter or second?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Ahhh, thanks. Chronicles was the lightgun series, which I confused for Revelations.

Carry on.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Apologies if this has been explained, but how would episodic gameplay work with a disc copy of the game? The various episodes unlock as time passes?

E: my question is just as dense when you consider a digital copy.

E2: thanks for clarifying

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 4, 2015

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Anybody got any tips for shooting zombies in REmaster? Loaded it up for the first time the other night and the first zombie wrecked me.

At the risk of sounding like a spergin Souls player, most of the time if you're playing on Normal difficulty not shooting zombies is your best bet. Zig-zagging around them is pretty standard, and if you're new and backtracking lots, keeping zombies in their initial state will save you ammo in the long run.

Aiming down when a zombie is close will likely hit their legs, causing them to fall down, allowing you to easily avoid them. If you're playing on Easy or Really Easy, 3-5 body shots generally drops a zombie, and occasionally gets you a headshot, which removes the zombie from the room.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

There are also a few parts – most notably the closing-walls puzzle – where the new controls really gently caress you over.

I switched back to tank controls for that very puzzle. The constant camera angle changes had me grinding my teeth in frustration.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I never got a chance to play DC:3, doesn't appear I missed much... and 2 was so good. Shame.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Saving Steve would be a nice touch, it was a shame he had to die.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

That sucks man.

I cleared Jill's campaign on Hella Easy in six hours. With a guide.

:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I always had a bunch of flame grenade rounds handy for those guys, I don't really remember them being much of a pain...

Now Bandersnatches, from C:V, they gave me a hassle until I learned they were weak to flame bolts.

Then you meet hunters.

Fuckin' hunters, man.