Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I've never played any of the PS1 Resident Evils before, so I bought the Dual Shock Edition of the Director's Cut on PSN. I didn't realize until after I'd bought it though that they changed the soundtrack for the Dual Shock edition. Is it worth tracking down a copy of the non-Dual Shock edition for the original soundtrack, or is the replacement score fine for someone's first experience?

Well you've already got the game I mean it's not like a game changer or anythhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Vakal posted:

I remember that video making a big deal about how it would take a few seconds for the character's/player's eyes to adjust when walking out of a building into the sunlight. I don't remember ever noticing it in the actual game.

There's a part early in the game where you have to shoot a truck coming at you on a bridge. Afterwards there's a little warehouse with like a couple crates or something inside and as you walk out of it there's this little lighting effect as a tiny remnant of that system. As far as I know the only place where you get to see any of it.

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Excels posted:

various grunts and bare-knuckle fist movements for "yes" "no" and "give me herbs"

GIMME AN EGG

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
The outfit was given to her by Wesker, the man who had photos of her in a high school gym outfit hidden in his desk

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Policenaut posted:

A long time ago I saw this horror movie that reminded me a lot of RE4. Like Spanish cultist dudes in giant red robes in an RE4 like village riding around horses trying to kill these people and I saw it like once a decade ago, burning my brain trying to figure out what it was.

Their robes aren't red but is it this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-S1c5pwFTQ

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Kibayasu posted:

Double Edit: Defensive weapons it looks like? The fat zombie grabbed Leon, he stabbed it, and the knife stayed in the zombie.

One of the lockers has a knife in it, they're like the self-defense daggers from REmake apparently

e: Here's hoping the grenades are in too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
Dino Crisis is a huge mess of incredibly gray hallways and completely interchangeable keycards. As much as nerds love to stickle on the realism of RE at least you could remember where you saw a sword lock way better than which door requires keycard G and multipass H.

And the soundtrack is a bunch of RE dual shock edition style noodling