Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

timeandtide posted:

Some cut dialogue from Resident Evil 5's mercs.

Everyone apparently had dialogue for duo mode, and holy poo poo Barry's CAN I TAKE THIS!!! and every single Wesker line is hilarious.

Barry is Nier. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Alteisen posted:

http://www.destructoid.com/the-resident-evil-gamecube-remake-didn-t-do-that-well-262611.phtml

Apparently Resident Evil became more of an action fest due to Remake not doing so well.

That seems like a good number for a Gamecube only game, Capcom has weird expectations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

LadyPictureShow posted:

This Wesker talk from the past few pages always makes me think of the 'big reveal' about Wesker's connection to Umbrella, which even though I was twelve when the original came out, and I was dumb as Hell, the fact you find some top-secret memo with his name in it should have been enough. But no, they have to hammer home the point with this (pic might be from the REmake, but a pic like this did show up in both):

(Bonus points for the commitment to ALWAYS WEARING YOUR SUNGLASSES)

Totally a supervillain, even before the crazy powers. Evil super-scientist AND Head of the STARS, and nobody had any suspicion.

Wesker had his research ghost-written! :cool:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is jake muller gonna be in the game

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'll miss the dumb action movie bullshit

no lovely one-liners? gently caress that

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

probably not. oh no, a big scary bulletproof hillbilly! wait, no, false alarm. jake suplexed him to death.

that would own, don't pretend otherwise

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so is the game looking good, with the demo and all

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sakurazuka posted:

It's gonna play like a standard FPS only slow and you can't aim for poo poo if the demo is any indication

That doesn't sound very good to me

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Raxivace posted:

I love Claire in Rev 2.

"TerraSave was built to save people! IT'S IN THE GOD DAMNED NAME!"

Moira says that

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
RE7's lab

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

catlord posted:

Alone in the Dark 2 got a PS1 version that added textures to the character models, actually. I think the Saturn version also had it?

I'm not sure if I'd say the backgrounds of RE look better, different sure, more realistic, but the big advance is the models, the RE models just look better, texturing aside. But yeah, I don't expect too much from a PS1 game. I did look up a video of the DS port though, which looks the same just smaller. And yeah, New Nightmare is definitely a Resident Evil clone.

Angry Carnby

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Vikar Jerome posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! YESSSSSSSSSS!

finally

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
imagine a boot stomping on a bow's face forever

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Last night i was dreaming I was playing a resident evil/resident evil 3 game, and newman was making fun of me because I was scared and couldn't save and he started laughing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The T-Rump virus