Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

personally I love Leon's little "ah, poo poo" inflections as they feel pretty real i.e. what most of us would be saying randomly in the midst of this.

Leon has a good sense of humor for a guy who he is having the worst first day at a job ever.

Just played the demo and loved every minute. I haven't played any of the RE's except the first remake and I didn't really like but this looks amazing. The visuals are superb, the gameplay feels a lot tighter as well and the atmosphere is truly horrifying. Will get it on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

One of the reasons, I quit RE remake is because the combat which I didn't understand how it worked. So you shoot the zombies in the head and they go down but they still don't die? So is it better to shoot them a couple more time when they are down? I lost a bunch of health because of them getting back up. The other question I have is, is the knife useful at all? Other than them being on the ground or the first lunge they do, it doesn't do much.

Also are the puzzles in RE simple? I hate puzzles in games that aren't about puzzles.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

aim until the crosshair shrinks, the shot will do more damage. they're still zombies so they don't die easy, but lining up your shots like that will make it take significantly fewer bullets than it would otherwise

generally you're safe when they quit squirming but best not to linger around them too much just in case

i didn't have much use for the knife either, it's probably best used to break out of zombie grabs

RE's puzzles before the action-oriented entries were heavily inventory based. you are going to have a squillion keys and medallions and other assorted doodads needed to open various types of doors and you're going to have to constantly juggle which one of these items you want in your inventory alongside your weapons and recovery items. you'll never have enough room for all of them, hence the storage lockers everywhere. it's an acquired taste

Ok thanks that's some good advice to keep in mind, along with what everyone else said. One more thing, I thought the lining up shots was purely for accuracy and not more dmg?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

acksplode posted:

DF just dropped their platform comparison video for the demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpbR5rceUhw

Huh. Ok so I guess I ran it for no reason with dx12. But man with max texture quality the game looked amazing and I got no drops on 1440p.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

"reach for the moon" seems apt since I'd say this engine that's fueling all their new poo poo is extremely good and RE2/7/DMCV are easily the best looking Capcom games to date.

if RE2 sells well then I have to assume RE3 is going to be fasttracked into production if it isn't already. It'd be interesting to see if they prioritize R3make or RE8 as the next in the series.

So apparently the RE2 demo is 3x more downloaded than the RE7 demo on steam. Nothing is guaranteed, it does bode well especially considering how hyped RE7 demo was by twitch streamers when it came out.

Also I agree, loving Capcom in the last 2 years. They really fixed a lot of their issues. Only SF5 and Marvel seem to be botched in some ways. SF5 they did improve it eventually but MvCi they probably didn't have much wiggle room with how tight Marvel are with their license. It's crazy how just a few years before that they were considered washed up, but they had 2 GOTY contenders with RE7, MHW. They even finally made a new Megaman game which was good, gave other games like Ace Attorney/Onimusha/Okami ports. Now if after RE2/DMCV, they tease a new Dragon's Dogma I would lose my poo poo.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Crowbcat made a video on RE2 Remake. Just some fun experimenting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPul1ZjnwFI

That zombie tripping lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Which RE game has the lasers corridor from the first movie?