Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

I'm loving it even with kbm, for what it's worth.

Also, the PC version has a field of view setting, doesn't feel as claustrophobic if you turn it up a bit. You can't adjust it when you're actually in game, so be sure to visit the options page in the main menu before you start the first real chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Is there some reason for Mercenaries to have time extensions instead of just having the timer start at 8 minutes or so? Is picking them up before killing anything not the best way?

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Just felt that the spawns were so scarce in Urban Chaos that trying to collect the time while keeping the combo up was a bit too difficult. Then again, I didn't really know the map at that point. :v:

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Geight posted:

Thinking about increasing the difficulty for Chris' campaign. How big is the jump from Veteran to Professional? I get downed a lot but my partner was starting to get 0 deaths by the end, so I'm worried that he'll get bored if I don't up the challenge.

I've been playing Professional solo and it's not that much harder than Veteran really. The biggest difference aside from slightly increased damage taken was that there's usually only one healing item to be found between save points, whereas Veteran seems to give slightly more.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Is it possible to play the DLC missions in ORC as a campaign? Or am I stuck picking missions one by one from the free play list?

Unbearable fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 28, 2013

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Leyburn posted:

Raid mode in normal is pretty boring, it's much better once you unlock the hard tier.

Levelling each character separately seems like a dumb choice, having to play through the same boring early missions again and again with each new character is killing any urge to try out multiple characters.

It's pretty boring even on very hard tbh, because as said it's exactly the same as previous tiers except more mooks are burning or whatever. Plus it's obvious that no design was involved in any of the levels, they just had an intern plop down some spawn points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

I found a magnum in the Wossek, I think there's an AK in there as well, but I kept getting caught after getting the first weapon.

The AK is in the house next to the bar. The one with a ladder to the roof.

I managed to miss all of those weapons in my first Survival run. Even the SMG. Didn't fare too well in the last part with just a pistol and a shotgun, ran out of ammo with like 2 enemies left. :v: