Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

Resident Evil is an interesting series for me. Out of playing all the games (except the survivor ones and Code Veronica), Resident Evil 4 and Outbreak are the only two I've finished, yet I love the series dearly. I also really enjoy the movies despite being pieces of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

After REmake, RE2, & RE4, Outbreak is my favourite in the series. I too would plunk down $30 for an HD remake with a good coop system in place.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

Has anything been revealed about the backstory/setting yet? I remember reading that it takes place after all the other RE games, and that they are things that happened, but hasn't the world gone full zombie apocalypse at this point?

Granted, I haven't played RE5 or 6, or basically any of them after 4, but from what I've seen of them that seems to be the general premise and yet the world presented in this demo seems a lot closer to "normal" given all that we're shown.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

Ah, okay that clears some things up. I guess I never noticed the part about most of this poo poo happening outside the US. That would also explain the police's lacklustre response to the situation in the true ending given there's almost 20 years between RE2 and RE7.

Playing the demo is really making me want a House of a 1000 Corpses version, tho.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

should i go outbreak file1/2 next or just go straight into re3? trying to go chronological but these things all take place at the same time. also i've never played outbreak before, should i bother?

I'm probably alone in saying this but I say play both of them. They're not really connected to anything else that I can remember. You just play as some random civilians when poo poo hits the fan in Racoon City. They're solid games, though. If you're pressed for time, play just Outbreak #2. If you're really pressed for time, then skip both of them.

I wish those ones got ported to PC with working multiplayer. That'd be rad. Becoming infected and turning into a zombie and working against your former teammates was a really cool idea.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

I wonder what the lyrics are.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

Mogomra posted:

This is the most ridiculous thing ever, but if VR takes off, I want this stuff to take off too. drat it.

Scent is the last wild frontier in entertainment immersion.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

codo27 posted:

Really not interested in paying $79.99 CAD for a single player game. $58 on G2A is much more digestible but how legit is it?

At the risk of sounding like a horrible cheapskate, I use it all the time and I haven't had any issues with the dozen or so purchases I've made except for one time where I got a key that didn't work. Luckily it was only a $2 game so I didn't lose out on much of anything. You can spend an extra $3 or so to get "insurance" that guarantees you will get a working key, and I always spring for it whenever I'm spending more than $20.

E: If you're feeling froggy, you could go for a RU/CIS copy as well, which is usually ~$20 cheaper than any other region. There's a couple of things to keep in mind while going this route: A VPN is required to activate the key. A VPN may be required to start/play the game (the game only works in RU/CIS region). Make sure the game has an English language option.

I've bought Russian Master of Orion before and I had to have a VPN active when I started the game, but once it was started I could turn it off and continue playing without issue. I bought a Russian copy of Stellaris too, and I only had to activate the key with the VPN active--after that I could start/play the game from my regular region with no VPN required. It really comes down to what the individual developer/publisher chose to do.

Upmarket Mango fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 23, 2017

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of me and my siblings gathering around the TV each night and watching my dad chip away at Resident Evil 2. I can still distinctly remember the moment when he found the magnum and popped the head off the first zombie he found. As far as I'm aware that was the only RE game he ever played.

Also, I came across an interesting theory that Capcom is pulling a fast one on everyone with the new Redfield design in that it's not actually "Chris" Redfield. The new Redfield they just showed off kinda bears a resemblance to the few glimpes of HUNK's face that we've seen. Also, the Japanese VA credit list shows Redfield with 5 voice actors. Also something about HUNK & and fake Chris being in the teaser for Revelations but not actually in the game outside of Raid Mode and Revelations sharing the same director as RE7.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

It should be an amusement park.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

Sorry if I missed this somewhere obvious but is the demo locked behind preorders? I don't see a download on Steam.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

Thanks, I found it. I guess I just didn't see it in the search results.

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

The game seems pretty sweet but the 30min time limit is dumb as hell. I spent the last ten minutes of my playtime stuck in that hallway area you drop into through the small window, with the fat zombie at the vending machine. I apparently didn't have any items needed to get past the steam or locked doors and the screen just faded out and thanked me for playing. Whole time I felt rushed too. I barely got to use the shotgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upmarket Mango
May 21, 2011

It's my first time ever playing Claire and I made it to NEST and I was just wondering if I bypassed the giant alligator encounter, or if that is Leon only. I rushed through the sewers without exploring and I was wondering if I missed a lot.