Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Leyburn posted:

I dunno man 5 was pretty wacky. I mean there is everything Wesker did, and that one guy turned into a massive sea monster and then there is the boulder incident.

He had an extreme makeover. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

The GCN versions are probably the best way to play them. IIRC they have upscaled cutscenes which the PSN versions lack. The PSN version of Resi 2 also defaults to Leon's disk because of how multiple discs are handled in PS1 emulation.

It took me way too long to figure out how to switch discs. :(

Also the PC version of Resi 2 had such low resolution as to be literally unplayable on my PC.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Zellus posted:

I think all of Jill's costumes (like her RE1 outfit and the Dino Crisis outfit) are available right off the bat too, instead of having to beat the game multiple times.

In one version they weren't. Mercenaries wasn't in that version of the game either.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Why are they remastering the first one again, and not the second one?

It's cheaper to release an "HD Remastering" than it is to make a remake from scratch and Capcom is hurting for money.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I don't follow news much. Last I heard they put themselves up for sale so v:shobon:v