Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Geight posted:

I can totally see how a lot of reviewers had trouble with figuring out the game, since most of them don't put enough time into any game before writing their reviews, but I am pretty amused that someone would consider being low on ammo a downside in Resident Evil.

I get grabbed a lot too but that's a universal constant for me in all zombie games. It's become a running joke with my friends. :sigh:

Considering how powerful melee is, I don't think being out of ammo can be seem as anything but a negative. As the original point to low ammo was to make fleeing a more viable tactic. You can still kill them, just in a more tedious way.

The reason people where/are down on RE6 is they expected a game like 4/5 instead they got kind of a clunky brawler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If you played RE1 then STARS being incompetent is no new thing.

They might just think its always been like that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Crowetron posted:

Even though Wesker also says that his plan in RE1 worked perfectly, Chris still hosed it up somehow, so now they are archenemies because everyone is insane.

Maybe the one downside to being turned into a superhero is it made Wesker insane.

That also explains a lot of what he does in CV.

Edit: I would also accept he is just saying that poo poo to save face.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 2, 2014

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Zackcat posted:

I will wait til the end of time for Outbreak File #3.

I'll wait...forever :smithicide:

Even if they do make it it will just be a copy of the Resident evil 4 (and on) style over the shoulder gameplay which will make it generic as gently caress.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

All that muscle didn't help much. It's kinda like Krauser vs. Leon in that regard. Krauser has to be the most absurdly ripped dude in the franchise and he still lost to Leon.

That is because Leon tapped into the power of Anime.

No one could have seen that coming.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

John Luebke posted:

REmake HD trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjxFtFwY6jk

Looks fine to me, but the framerate seems a bit iffy. Could just be the video though.

If you used current Chris I am pretty sure the game would end in like 10 minutes as he would just beat the poo poo out the dogs.

The games have come a long way. A much worse way but whatevs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

Remake was ok. RE4 was better though.

Disagree, I still like Remake way more than RE4.

Though I wasn't the biggest fan of RE4 to begin with.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Making it like six would ruin it, I already played that boring slog once, I don't want to do it again.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Klaus Kinski posted:

People itt are actually mad that they might want to revamp RE2's lovely, barely existent game mechanics for remake. :psyduck:

I'd rather have a game where the killing zombies part is actually fun instead of pivoting on a spot, considering it's like 50% of the game.

E: I basically want a rev1ish game with 6s mechanics set in a city. Is that too much to ask?

fe: yes.

I am mad you want to replace okay mechanics with lovely unfun ones

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It helps that 6 isn't a very good game, hell it's outright bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yes Code V owns, especially Weskers stuff. He tries to be a badass but gets owned.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Levantine posted:

RE6 has, hands down, the best gameplay in the series. It just does a bad job of telling you how to do it and has poo poo level design in which to display it.

If you like really lovely brawlers I guess.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Resident evil as a whole appeals mostly on nostalgia and brand. Literally all the games are clunky as hell. Just in different ways.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I think that is what makes it half assed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

This thread is the only place that seems to like RE6 so I always viewed it as CD's weird obsession with explaining how bad movies are actually good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Re4 ruined the franchise really.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

Are you sure it wasn't 0, or Outbreak? Or even Gun Survivor? Resident Evil doing different poo poo wasn't a new thing even with RE4. It's tough to say what even "ruins" a franchise that branched off dramatically after Nemesis into a bunch of other stuff, including whatever RE7 will be like. If anything it's cool that Capcom is working on a bizarre new 1st person entry while still updating 2, my favorite of the "classic" games---you get two different things appealing to very different players.

Outbreak and zero are old RE through and through they are different at all. Also outbreak owns.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Eh it isn't that comically evil, just evil. Though killing George in a really over elaborate way was kind of funny all things considered.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Hey it loving worked. What more do you want.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Wesker was best friends with the zombies

He shot them sometimes.

He was a complicated man.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Resident Evil Zero proved he had a friend. :colbert:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Neither did 4 and it was fine. It's actually more in line with the originals than 4 really.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Schubalts posted:

Thinking Jill is dead is kinda different from watching impotently as the entire rest of his squad gets infected with a new virus, then horrifically mutates (they burst into flame while writhing in pain!) while reaching out to him for help.

You mean Tuesday?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Resident evil fans are some of the least aware fans out there.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Re1 was legit tense and frightening, whether it holds up isn't relevant.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it is amazing that your younger self can post from 1996

Doesn't need to, as I can remember 1996.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah it's easy to be skeptical as Resident evil fans are kind of dumb.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah because most of it is them whining that it isnt 4/5/6 style while completely missing the irony.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He is right tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Re4 was just an extremely clunky third person shooter.

It was not special mechanically in any way.

The RE series is all about copying other genres with varying amount of success.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ha sure. RE4 invented the third person shooter and gears of war ( a cover shooter) copied it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RE4 does not hold up well.

Like people who like the old style combat nostalgia is a powerful thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

There are frequently people in almost every thread here (as well as other places) who play Resident Evil 4 for the first time and still enjoy it and say they understand why it's considered a classic. (Because it is ported to every system under the sun it actually happens pretty often.)

Regardless of your own personal feelings about it, claiming it was an average game that nobody cared about and only liked because of nostalgia is hilariously easy to disprove, not in the least because a lot of people were predisposed to dislike RE4 because of the significant changes it made. If it were an average and forgettable game then I guess Capcom is really good at marketing it then.

I didn't say people didn't like it at the time, I loved it at the time, and I still like it. It just is still an extremely clunky third person shooter. The franchise needed to move on from that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

So you liked a game that was just an extremely clunky third person shooter that wasn't special in any way even at the time? That's weird.

Yeah I don't need a game to revolutionize the industry to like it. Hell even most good games don't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Still seems pretty odd to say you loved a clunky unremarkable game. Guess your standards are just insanely low.

Do you like absurdly clunky FPSes with no real redeeming values at all? Have I got good news for you!

I was 12.

I also probably wouldn't have cared about it if it wasn't RE, to be fair.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

So did they finallly decide to release the RE4 beta as an actual game?

Like ten years ago yeah.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

catlord posted:

Quick question, wasn't that effect part of the explanation for the monks in RE4? I could have sworn they mentioned it in RE4 like, in a note or something, but now I'm starting to wonder if my memory's just faulty.

Also, I agree that the credits for RE4 are great. I need to get the new PC version, last time I played was a long time ago on the original PC version.

I thought the monks were just cultists

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Len posted:

The only people who would be getting laid off are middle management typed. The people that actually caused everything get to keep on keeping on :911:

Well I mean they would but they keep injecting themselves for god knows what reason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

There is apparently people disappointed that the RE2 Remake isn't like the first REmake with an isometric camera and poo poo which is actually so bewildering to me lol.

It’s me I think that.

I also don’t really care for RE4 combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Outbreak would be cool but I feel like it would get RE4’d and that would suck.