Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Picked up Revelations and I have to say this game is my favorite of the 4 and on RE games. Really fun and Raid Mode feels more fun to play than Mercenaries. You would have trouble convincing me this was originally a 3DS title if I didn't know already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

NovaPolice posted:

I think at this point, the only forms of transit that haven't been destroyed onscreen by Umbrella's legacy are bicycles, horses, and space shuttles unless I'm missing something from a cell-phone only spin-off novel.

Wasn't there a dead horse in 4?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

limited posted:

I think the first 'Online Event' killed Revelations MP unfortunately. The Mass Effect events gave you exclusive weapons which you could lord over the masses, which only the top ten get from RE.net. The killcount awards for their first BIG EVENT were just some lovely level-based loot, and games have dropped off on the 360 after that. :(

I keep getting lovely 1-slot guns, and the crappy EasyHit / Gardener parts from the Ghost Ship too. :argh:

I don't have trouble finding games on PS3 though. There's always a good bunch open.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Parker owns and I really hope he comes back one day.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Seriously, Raid mode is a lot of fun.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Marogareh posted:

Would be awesome if they made a stand alone Raid mode game that has everything from the series.

Since it seems like every Japanese company in trouble is putting out F2P games, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if this happened eventually.

EDIT: If it ever happens I would buy the gently caress out of an Outbreak character pack.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 21, 2013

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

ORC looks like a great game to play with other people. The story reads like plagiarized fanfic though.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 2, 2013

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

WHoops

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

What platform are you on? On PS3 I tend to run into a good number of folks.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I'm always sad that Mark from Outbreak is never going to come back because he was basically Carl Winslow who hit things really hard with pipes and that's pretty much all I want out of a video game character.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

As you can see, the series lowering review scores is akin to the No Child Left Behind Act because

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

The series needs more characters like Parker, give me less pretty men doing flippy doos and more dudes that hit zombies almost as hard as they hit the catering table. Everyone in Rev had visually impressive melee attacks, and then here came Parker with the lazy as poo poo lariat that worked because he was large.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

abagofcheetos posted:

I honestly have no idea how you are supposed to beat the ghost ship or even the final Norman level.

The Ghost Ship seems like one of those things people only get through because someone runs them. I had a pretty cool Japanese guy run me through it and I can say Easy Grip weapons, pulse grenades, and anything to up your knife damage is going to make your life easier if you're not maxed out because the knife is godly in Raid. Also getting dodging down can make you untouchable no matter what you're facing.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What are the unlocks in Revelations Raid mode? I'm trucking through the initial levels and haven't unlocked anything yet.

Mostly I just want to know what you have to do to get Sailor Chris :swoon:

You have to clear the main game first to actually open up raid mode in full, and Sailor Chris is unlocked by doing 100000 damage in one shot. Get a rocket launcher.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Ark Thompson, Ashley Graham, and Elza Walker fight together in the most exciting Resident Evil spinoff the iPhone has ever seen!

David King turns out to be another lost Wesker kid, explaining his mystical ability to swing a knife more than one time and to throw wrenches with a power greater than a shotgun.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Honestly, if there's a new game I half expect Jill to finally turn into an end boss creature from all the poo poo that's happened to her. But instead of going crazy and murdering people, she just shrugs and continues on like nothing is wrong.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I hope Parker is back. I need more burly lariats and fire axes in my life.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Jessica is a low rent Ada in a game that doesn't need one

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Moria having Barry's moves would make her the only character I use. Unless they add Barry too.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I imagine watching The Stage live instead of off a dvd would also be a better experience, but it still would be a terrible play.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Amppelix posted:

Well, good thing I skipped straight from RE3 to here, I suppose!

It's also a good thing because its the first time Jill has been the protagonist since 3.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

It releases next week alongside the release of gold edition.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Rev 1's raid mode is not as good as Rev 2's, but I still prefer it as my current "chill out while on lunch" game.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I want a BSAA game where you are actually doing some investigating, make finding files and scanning things with genesis as important as shooting zombies. Something like the Rev games where its episodic and soap oprea style dramatic. Throw in a character creator for the main character so I can make a freakish hosed up abomination as as super agent.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Lunethex posted:

In all seriousness I just want an RE that takes place in Australia.

Friend have I got a stage play for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

that stage play is loving art. you think its gonna be some standard talkathon type deal but end up with j-pop zombie shooting interpretive dance. i legit lost my poo poo when Mr.X shows up, like holy poo poo how the hell. also the stage play ending like a traditional re game sure was something.

Posh Brown should have his own game

Edit: also Mary Gray is the actual best RE villain by virtue of taking advantage of the fact that the male leads of the series are often the dumbest idiots on the planet.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 10, 2017