Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

SRM posted:

Well so far I've seen "Leon's head is brutally chainsawed off" and "Leon lamely falls over when someone throws a pickaxe at his ankle"

Resident Evil 6 has the classic "Leon fails at life and gets pushed into a meat grinder" :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Black August posted:

I'm surprised they haven't done something like this yet -- a Mercenaries DLC pack that allows you to 'play' through all of RE1, only RE4/5/6 style, so you're going full gattle and boulder-fist on every weak rear end zombie, kicking down every locked door, just bullrushing from the start to the labs in under 5 minutes.

I'd love to see an updated Operation Mad Jackal.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Pedro in raid mode is hilariously fun. Drill baby drill. It adds a hole extra layer of fun! :v:

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

You know what my favourite thing is? Invisible enemies with instant kills in a timed sequence!

Okay it's not that bad but gently caress me they're annoying.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Yeah, I never thought to hang on to them as Claire. They throw you one free one for the first one, but I didn't find any more so it became "poo poo the screen's blurry, fire ALL THE BULLETS EVERYWHERE". Which I guess adds to the tension or something but ugh. My retry rank :smith:

Alkarl fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 18, 2015

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

So did anyone else not use Barry's magnum much at all? Because I am the gooniest goon I actually audibly said "I have THIS" when I decided to bust it out against his chapter 3 boss (seriously, gently caress that jerk) and it was satisfying as hell, but I seldom had a need to use it otherwise. It was enough to know it was there, to me. Of course, it made the final boss immensely satisfying when I had enough ammo hoarded for it to pretty much exclusively use it there. :getin:

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Geight posted:

This fuckin event, I'm just playing something portable while I :f5: the RE.net page and wait for it to be at like 1%. I hope in the end that challenge just means "participated in the event once" and not "was playing when it died" and it's just an ambiguous translation.

Me too. Otherwise I'll be annoyed, and I know a few of my students will be too. Although I guess I'll know exactly why they're not in class if they decide to not show up...

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

I'd want REmake 2 to be like Revelations. It struck a nice balance between horror and action to me, and would suit RE2s atmosphere. That said, I want RE7 to be as insane and spectacular as possible.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Oh no! A viral outbreak has contaminated one of your testbed cities! Do you:

A) Cover it up as anti vaxxers causing a resurgence in old viruses

B) Bribe major media outlets to ignore the mass hysteria and zombies

C) gently caress it, drop some Tyrants, see what happens.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Was I the only one who always yelled "I have THIS" every time they used that gun? I felt like that's the only correct way to use a magnum in Rev 2.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

I just played as Moira at all times and Crobar'd all the dudes while AI Claire shot dudes with her infinite ammo shotgun. Worked pretty well once you figured out how to approach enemies.

Also yes those invisible bugs can go directly to hell.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

The thing with ORC is that it was hella fun with a bunch of idiots on VOIP or whatever just shooting the poo poo and riffing on the game. It was a neat concept that just wasn't executed terribly well but had a kernel of good at the core.

Umbrella Corps on the other hand, I don't know, it just feels somehow even more soulless and lacking the stupid dumb camp value that most of series has. But hey, maybe it'll turn out okay. I can dream. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

One thing I'm super confused about is all the bitching about the alligators. I remember someone saying they hated them more than any enemy in a video game. I don't think one ever got within 20 feet of me. They seemed like a total non threat.

Look if trying to punch an alligator in the face is wrong, I don't want to be right. :colbert: