Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I’m playing RE7 for the first time.

Even by RE standards Marguerites final form is grotesque. She keeps spreading her legs to reveal a giant prolapsed anus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I’m playing 6 for the first time and it sucks so far. I started with Chris’ chapter and it’s just the worst. Are the other chapters better?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

It IS a mess. God the camera...

This is the first RE game I’m struggling to get through. Maybe it’s better co-op but all my irl friends are dead.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Once I finish 6 I’m off to the dark world that is the RE spinoffs. I’m going to play every drat game in this series.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Is Operation Raccoon City worth the $6 it currently costs on Steam?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Maybe it’s just nostalgia but I love CV. It’s got that crazy RE plot that hits the sweet spot for me. Ashford is such a hateable smug shithead.

I did run out of ammo on the plane fight and lost hours of playtime though

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Does any of the extraneous RE media even attempt to explain the insane puzzles in the police station?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Has anyone played SH 1 recently? Wondering if it holds up

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Are the safe combinations close by the safes themselves? I’d rather not look it up online but I’m having a hell of a time finding them in game

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I’m sure this has been pointed out but as great as this game is I miss the little flavor text you’d get when inspecting things in the original

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Those RE movies are wicked dumb and I love them

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Nice

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Nobody is bringing up RE0. I swear no one played that game.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

One of the only things I can recall from O is constantly having to move things around in the inventory. It was endless.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I haven’t played the original RE2 in many years but don’t Claire and Leon run into each other more in that game?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

drat, Claire is quick draw McGraw with her Ruger Blackhawk

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Me! I give a gently caress!

That makes one of us

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

Welp, I just learned today that the Lickers have detailed assholes.

Ohhh go on :ck5:

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Maybe people would be more forgiving of 6 if it weren’t a mainline game..?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I’m playing through Chris’ campaign in 6 and it’s such a loud mess.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

Lotta people hating on the new generation games in this thread. REmake 2 has brought a lot of the classic style fans out of the woodwork, but having played through REMake 2 in full now minus some 4th survivor stuff, I’ve about had my fill with the restricted gameplay style and hope we’ll yet see another 4/5/6 style title in years to come. That’s really the RE I love.

Regardless of their quality, those are barely RE games.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The only RE I hate is 6, but I can’t say that with certainty as I’m playing it for the first time and I started with Chris’ campaign.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I just loved the atmosphere of 7. Scared the poo poo outta me. Being stuck in a house with a bunch of crazy rednecks is my own personal hell.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I'm glad they actually got a black man to voice Marvin for the remake

No kidding. I was watching clips of the old RE2 yesterday and that VA is white as... Conan O’Brien..?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I let Marvin “live”

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

snoremac posted:

3) Is RE0 good? I played it many years ago and enjoyed it, but thought it paled next to REmake.

Not particularly. You spend way to much time dicking around with your inventory and having a brain dead eerily silent AI partner isn’t fun.

I sorta have a soft spot for it as it’s the last of the classic RE games (tank controls, fixed camera etc.)

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

almost none of the RE7 DLC is story DLC and only one of them is remotely like the base game, which is not to say that they are bad, necessarily, but they're mostly all short and very different. you might want to look at some of them on youtube except for the room escape one which there's no replayability of and 100% spoils the entire thing. or actually do watch it and dont pay for it.

there's like a card game and a weird kind of horde mode and i dont even know how to describe jacks 40th birthday.

i will say i think RE0 isn't worth even five bucks, its just got bad pacing and mostly bad enemies and the partner system needed way more work than it got. did they even follow you? i feel like i had billy left parked somewhere way out of the way for most of that run until you need him to lift you over a wall or whatever stupid gated crap.

You could park them, switch between characters and they’d follow you. It’s tedious.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Is all this boss fight talk based on Hardcore mode? I found them to be a breeze on standard.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I hate how Leon holds his 1911

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Halfway through Leon B and I have almost no ammo an no healing items. I gotta stop playing this game drunk.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

It was also the sidearm in Aliens

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I feel like speed running might ruin the game for me. Like, what’s the point of playing it ‘normally’ again, ya know?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Regarding that Code Veronica fan remake that got gadooshed: Why don't these people just not tell anyone what they're doing and release the game?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I probably shoulda asked this before I bought it but what was the consensus on the RE3 remake?

That's a fair assessment.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

It occurred to me recently that I've never actually played the original RE1.

What's the best way to play it?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Mulva posted:

Remake with the upscaler mod. Game still looks great.

I shoulda been more clear. The PS1 one. I love the remake though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

You can get sued anyway for infringing copyrights. CnD at least serves only as a firm warning.

Couldn’t you just do this anonymously? How they gonna find ya?