Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Pomp posted:

i forget about that loving robot every time and then i somehow manage to forget it god drat chases you too

I have friends who do the same thing, I think that maybe despite how much sillier the castle is compared to... the rest of the game really the robot is still just a bit too far over the line and the brain refuses to accept it's glory.

I managed the one shot demo with like 4 minutes to spare so the experience was a bit rushed but it feels pretty good, like the like the gunplay was tight on my ps4, though I guess I didn't get to toy with the shotgun much. I got like 3 zombie heads to actually explode with my handgun but it felt kinda random. Some guys with go down to couple dome shots and get right back up, some will go down and actually be still. Then there was this one dude banging on the weapon locker door who took like 8 pistol shots between his eyes before he'd actually take a drat nap. Your combat knife swings are essentially worthless too, I guess your way better off just saving it as a defense item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Convex posted:

Somehow Leon suplexing an entire train before sadly executing it doesn't seem entirely implausible in this series :v:

Does that make Leon Big X?

Mr X, Sir?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Dj Meow Mix posted:

:eng101: the coat keeps them from going all super tyrant mutant mode

the hat however is for show

Makes sense, they don't want to damage the sweet coat so they generally don't flip out until something damages it anyway. Fashion sense should have been engineered into all Umbrella products.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I never got to play Outbreak, they should remake that so I can go to the zombie zoo

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Psssshaaaw, come back with a mod that replaces the models with mid to late 90s CGI.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

The problem is that as far as I know, she has no motivation whatsoever and no allegiances besides a soft spot for Leon. She doesn't even seem to be in it for money or power.

Ada has been consistently smug enough about her work over the series that I think being the Wild Card Super Spy is her end goal in itself.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I just want to see how Mr. X deals with every random monster he comes across, Zombies sure they seem to ignore him and he swats them aside as necessary but what if he starts clomping around a licker? Does Willy B start chasing you in a similar way? I can't wait.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Soooo, is the games intro gonna be substantially different with poo poo like Leon and that deputy's trying to talk down a zombie from the E3 reveal trailer?

Are they gonna clarify if there was an actual military quarantine that Claire and Leon just kinda missed on the way into town?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I want that mercenaries costume where Leon wears the merchant as a backpack to actually get off the drawing board.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Going through RE4 again and somehow I always forget that the Water room in Salazar's honestly sends more Ganado at you then the cabin siege, except you have Ashley instead of Luis and also there's some crossbow dudes. It's a mess sometimes getting to that little room where you can bottleneck them.

I also love the way ashley gets trapped right after, and that in the phone conversation right after Salazar not only wasn't monitoring and triggering any of this but required leon to tell him. And he doesn't even know which one she might have fallen into so the cultists find her about the same time as Leon.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It could some of those jerks from Operation Raccoon City

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If anyone happens to know is it true that they've removed all the encounters with rare to one off enemies like the spiders, that moth and the hall crows?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

That was a wtf moment for me in the demo where I just ruined this zombie--no arms, no jaw-- and he goes down so I think he is dead, but when I come back through that hall he is standing and waiting for me.

Could it still attack you in that condition?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I'd like Sheva and/or Sherry to come back as operatives for Nu Umbrella. I'm really not sure where the series can go after 6/7 but I guess it involves that weird group Lucas was in contact with, The Collective or The Institutes or whatever that group was called. So many loose ends have already been tied up (Barry's fate, the Wesker children, Ozwell Spencer) that the only remaining question I logically can pose is "where's Becky Chambers"

I mean when in doubt or even just because they feel like it Capcom can just invent a bunch of new hammy lunatics to harass a noob or series veteran alike, just like when they got bored of Umbrella for 4 and brought in Los Illuminados.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Steams ready to play estimate is jumping around all over the drat place but it looks like it'll wrap up in maybe 20 minutes. I guess I've sat through worse unlocks.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hahaha I'm in!

.... and now I want a burger, dammit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

That's the most disgusting looking burger I've seen in a game wtf

Oh yeah no the thing from the opening was gross but that banner from the gas station looked nice.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Man Lickers do not gently caress around.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Turning in for the night, fun game so far except that the William Birkin fight loving blows. I love bosses with a head-sized weakpoint that you have to shoot over and over and loving over again, while they're chasing you. The bosses were by far my least favorite part of Resident Evil 7, which I replayed earlier today in anticipation, and it looks like that trend is going to continue.

Edit: Okay, the other thing this game needs is a Dead Space-style stomp. I get that the game is (apparently) balanced around NOT having one and forcing you to conserve resources, but it's kind of ridiculous and unsatisfying that once a zombie is down you can't stomp their brains in, you just have to walk away knowing that they'll get back up later.

Yeah gently caress you Willy I didn't want those bullets anyway. Put all my shotgun ammo into him.

Oh though I guess it's my own fault for being stingy with these grenades I found.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Mindblast posted:

Gotta save those elixirs for the next potential boss fight!

But what if he's almost dead! It'd be a waste to throw one now!

spoilers for just a bit after that part actually:Hooo, Benny boy... you went out pretty grody. :stare:

Caidin fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 25, 2019

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Dealing with the big stomping lad is stressful, It's not just that he's following you around all the place but he's pretty loving cagey about it sometimes. If I hold tight and wait for the clomping to taper off sometimes he might just planning a drat ambush rather then going someplace else. Also I blew his hat off with a grenade and now he's pissed.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Made it to the sewers but time for work, Game real good but I feel like I missed a few things in the RPD. Ah well.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Ah the original game pistol upgrade Leon got, that would have been handy but I dunno if it's worth a special trip now.

I mean if your playing Leon and still in the RPD you kinda have to go back in the parking garage at some point.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Pyrolocutus posted:

Saw some spoilers about when Mr. X shows up and to check in advance so I can explore semi-freely before he does, placing the three medallions is what does it?

Nah, X don't start trying to give to ya until you douse that helicopter, feel free to roam stomping free till then. That said I think after the medallion bit a bunch of nasties will start populating parts of the building you've already been through.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What areas are off-limits for X'y? Because i got a rude surprise when I tried to save.

I don't think he'll hold off on following you anywhere if he's in active pursuit. If he's just looking he seems to not head into dead end rooms, though if you try hunker down in one for long he'll almost always be just outside the door when you leave it feels like.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 25, 2019

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I wouldn't survive a zombie apocalypse in real-life, but I WOULD be able to cross that tiny gap in the upper library.

Your crossing that gap because the library is so poorly maintained that both walkways to the door have collapsed, one of them while you were walking on it, and you want to try a jump?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Not quite. There were never any rooms you couldn’t get into that required a key in either original game. Claire and Leon could both get into all the diamond/club/spade/heart rooms. Here it sounds like Claire/Leon will run into rooms marked with a symbol but each of them will never be able to open one of them?

I know as Leon I never found the heart key, and both rooms the club key could enter could also be accessed with with the heart key by another door. So if Leon and Claire have those keys exclusive to themselves really it's just that Leon isn't allowed in the Chiefs digs.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
One of these days I want this series to try to explain why Ada dresses like she does even when she knows, for example, she might be wandering around a drat zombie infested sewer.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Beat Leon A and only died once! But I can't be proud of it because that one death was hitting myself with the cargo container at the second Birkin fight like a drat Lenny. They kinda spent Leon's entire route on establishing and his and Ada's weird adrenaline powered relationship, like you don't interact with Claire at loving all, wow.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kin posted:

Well, cant belive it, but i'm stuck and i've forgotten what to do.

The helicopter crashed, i spoke to Clare and then headed backto the main lobby. I've been all the way up to the stars office using the valve and now i'm not sure what to do next. I've got a red gem in my inventory and a battery, anyone able to give me a brief pointer?

Your hunting for those medallions to open the secret passage. To that end there are 3 statues you need to get them from if you happen to have seen the like anywhere. With those bolt cutters you should have grabbed from the spot where you met Claire you can get into a room on the west side where you can combine that battery with a detonator and then you'll have all the things you need for the medals.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

I complained about the G-adults before, but I think I gotta reload from an earlier save. Going back through that pond area, I am now at zero defensive items, zero pistol rounds, zero shotgun shells, and 270 flamethrower fuel.

How boned am I going in to Birkin fight two? I'm sure the answer is 'completely'.

At least I decided early on to make several save files.

I mean, not really? Birkin fight two is a brief period of avoiding him before dealing with him via largely environmental means though you kinda need him to stand in a certain spot so having enough gun to stun his rear end if needed is helpful.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

Also the cutscene that introduced Mr X in the original was the best part, kind of sad it's not in this one. At least not in the A game, but I guess that's so he can surprise your rear end instead of being telegraphed. I very nearly pissed myself when I went through the helicopter hallway and the fucker just comes striding around a corner.

Honestly the first sight of I got of him or his arm anyway in Leon's A route was amazingly intimidating. Also finished Leon A and Claire B! didn't unlock anything but I was still rewarded with a pretty :rock: song.

I guess there ain't really much to see in doing the routes in reverse huh?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think they did a really good job with rewriting this in general, if nothing else everyone has kind of a lot more dignity for themselves then the original. Like Robert Kendo now has some decent pathos to himself that helps solidifies Leon's desire to avenge Raccoon city, and I like the ambiguity of only one gunshot instead of the two I expected. Annette has more priorities then running around underground being paranoid and explaining the eyeball monster to people and watching her just kinda casually dunk on Ada was great. Elliot Edwards, who apparently was the fat guy who managed to randomly gun down that helicopter in the 98 version, is now... useful at least. His death still kinda confuses me though, like did the zombies just manage to chew him in half in like a couple seconds or is Leon/Claire way stronger then they let on and he just became a casualty of tug o war?

That said I still confused as to exactly how outbreak progressed. Like Leon was told to stay away a week ago so presumably they were in crisis then, Raccoon city proper is presently completely FUBAR and probably has been for a bit but that deputy from the same county didn't seem to realize what he was dealing with. Plus that talk show from the starting bit with the trucker has a dude talk about seeing a zombie in probably some other town?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Republicans posted:

The shower room one is on a whiteboard, the 3rd floor one is on a film roll and the sewer one is on a flyer.

It kinda makes sense if you pretend the world of RE is one where the idea of zombies just didn't exist before. What else would be their frame of reference for what is happening?

Marvin straight up calls them zombies when he's talking to Claire though.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I liked 6 a bunch too even if it had some problems with it's boss fights, I loved the Leon and Jake campaigns. Chris was okay I guess.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My Leon A was like 5 and half hours, and my Claire B only a bit less than that. I like to just take in the ambiance. Plus i'm a big baby about getting as much done before Mr. X shows up as possible and constantly shuffling back to the Item box to dump off more crap I probably don't actually need.

So one of the stories you play in Ghost Survivors is gonna be the mayor's daughter? Seems like that one might be a bit grim.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think when I did it there was this lovely little table desk whatever thing just next to the left of the bathroom door and I ducked behind it and it he missed me even though it really doesn't look like that should have worked.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Ugh, I am exactly two files short of the loremaster achievement and have no way to narrow down what I'm missing.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Wanderer posted:

Have you done both characters' 2nd Run?

Yeah I got the Leon/Claire memo's from the RPD and Sewers, did all the film rolls, etc.

Maybe I'll just wait till theres a full guide out on it or something.

Do you get any from 4th survivor or Tofu mode, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Did you get the secret film roll from the desk where you get one of the hidden location item in the STARS room?

Yeah I got that one. Looking at the list thebardyspoon posted I think I may have missed one in the orphanage?

Also Becca was posing for that shot, was Wesker the one that took it or did he swipe it from somewhere?