Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Game owns.

e; I do think it's kinda bullshit how many .380 ACP rounds a zombie can take to the head though.

e2; I loving love how much they leaned into having to fiddle with your items in your inventory to get stuff you need :v:

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Black August posted:

It is a moment of genuine surprise to keep seeing those times where you just totally lose your cool and end up wasting shitloads of ammo, not realizing the sunk cost until you’re leaving three zombie bodies behind and knowing you’d been better off popping the legs of one and ignoring the other two.

Yeah, I've been doing Leon A and being much more careful and frugal than I was with Claire, then I got myself in a real dilly of a pickle and emerged from the other side with like six dead zeds and not nearly enough ammo.

e; BTW RE5 owned a lot, couch co-op with a buddy back in uni was excellent times.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 2, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Just got caught by Irons in some real bullshit where he loving saw through the cover I was hiding behind or something so great now I have to go do the last forever again because I'm trying to S+ this fucker and hadn't saved since prior to G1

Kinda don't care though if I'm being honest, except that Deus X is real horny for it on this difficulty, he don't do no slow walking he's all go, all the time :stonk: Which wasn't actually such a big problem in itself, but made it a bastard to get past the enemies I'd not put down (Especially the licker who spawns between the West Office and Supply Room :argh:

Game owns

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Oh I know how it works, this is my third time through. It's just that the arena itself just seems ridiculously tight given his loving reach; no matter how I try baiting and juking him I just get slapped around and have to use several healing items until he gets hosed off by the cargo container. The whole section, including the switch room and his stint of punching holes in the ceiling, is a bit of a black mark on the game for me. It just doesn't sit right compared to the other bosses.

:catstare:

How?? It seems pretty obvious to me that you should be out of the way of that thing, what with all the warning lights and whatnot..?

First time I did it, I figured out what was going on, but I hadn't seen where the thing actually went, in the panic of trying to avoid him opening me up, so I didn't know where it was coming in from. I thought it was going to come in 90 degrees across from the way it does so I was standing in exactly the right place to get loving owned by it :downs:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Counterpoint to those speaking ill of diaries;

quote:

Itchy.
Tasty.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Sometimes Mr X can be real sneaky when he wants to. I was getting the jack as Claire, back out into the room you get the detonator in, and I'm psyching myself to get past that loving licker out there when suddenly BAM the door gets punched open and it is Given to Me.

Speaking of lickers, I really need to figure out a better way to deal with them when I'm attempting to gofast, they're easily my biggest weakness (aside from my own idiot fuckups of course :v:)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

DLC Inc posted:

what were the toughest room encounters you've had? I think the room where I blew the most ammo/health was actually that lab hallway where you have to get the power back on and there's 2 Lickers right there along with 2 or 3 zombies. What a clusterfuck that turned into.

The East Office, the one you get the shower valve handle in, hosed me real hard the first time through. One bitch comes through the window, they start standing up everywhere, I don't know what I'm actually looking for yet, then I find the crank and bail only to get into the hallway where big fat donut lad is waiting right as I open the door, then I find out I need the fuse and have to find that as about half a dozen zombies pinball all over the place after my rear end.

Anywhere with planty boys because even fire doesn't seem to keep them down for good half the time.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Pleased to find that it wasn't too hard to shake the rust off from my REmake 2 playing, and that I'm capable of gitting gud at 3. Next up: up the difficulty, unlock the infinite ammo assault rifle, and really properly plot a route that cuts out the unnecessary bullshit I tend to collect like random gunpowders and stuff.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Spalec posted:

I definitely feel in zero they were running out of ideas for bosses/monsters. Like the dev team just opened a book of 'animals people are scared by' and went "Did we do a scorpion yet? Ok, make it 15 foot long and stick it on the train, somehow."

In fairness, that's an extremely Umbrella way to operate :v:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

pleased to report that I got gud

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

ImpAtom posted:

You don't want to hammer it. The boss has intentional bits where it delays just long enough to wreck your day if you're mashing.

Yeah, this is why my Nightmare run ended in such misery, it took me a LONG time to learn his patterns and rude little delays.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Vikar Jerome posted:

just to clarify on how you are meant to beat this stupid boss fight i shoot him with the magnum until carlos turns up, so one trick pony starts his running and hiding, i shoot the red bits so it falls down, then i flame round his little ball sack that pops out while avoiding the zombies, then i just run around dodging all his moves until he starts running and hiding again? just rinse repeat? is that it? because its taking forever, im running out of health and flame rounds.

Don't flame round his weak point, use like the magnum or shotgun for it, imo. I use flame rounds when he's on the ground actually attacking me because I find it tends to stagger/distract him.

Seedge posted:

If you play Nightmare, this isn't necessarily true. Also, you can just avoid him on any difficulty.

I got to the final boss on Nightmare, after some hairy moments throughout, and I just can't loving beat it. I'm not good enough at dodging. I've powered through every other challenge thanks to the infinite AR and six coins and its not enough to make up for my inability to dodge gooder. I keep getting slammed because I'm trying to shoot bits and getting caught trying to reload, so I can't dodge, so I die. Or I step into a pool and cough, do I can't dodge, so I die. I've died to this guy more than all my other deaths combined.

He beat my rear end like a drum until I finally got good enough at dodging his poo poo. Rocket Launcher makes it significantly easier, partly because one rocket can take out several pustules but actually I found the bigger help was because you don't have to reload the fucker, because I consistently had the same problem as you. Until you learn his attacks extremely well and play without mistakes you're going to eat poo poo trying to reload, a lot.

DanielCross posted:

Someone a few pages back asked about skipping the shotgun. If you don't pick it up at the Subway office, it spawns next to the Typewriter in the room with the first Mine Rounds, right after Carlos RPD.

And if you don't pick it up there, it spawns in the safe room in NEST 2.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Anyone have some tips for easy to miss readables? I am at 53 of 56 and cannot seem to find the rest through multiple playthroughs.

The ones I had most trouble finding were (Spoiled for the sake of others)

On the little scaffolding bit inside the electricity substation, there's a dead dude with his dead dude journal I missed like three times before spotting it on my fourth run

Backtrack into the mass grave part of the cop shop after meeting Brad, go down the stairs under the entrance and check the little room on the right

There's a file on a high stand behind the operating table in the OR that I missed a couple times

After the final fight with Nemmy when you climb the ladder there's one on the floor among the bloodstains to the left of the door before you go through.
Didn't find that one without a guide lol

e; And I just spotted your more recent post lmao gj me

I like how in the last area if you don't pick up any files relating to vaccine development, instead of talking about antigens and adjuvants Jill is just randomly grabbing stuff and going "I guess this could be useful in vaccine development? :confuoot:" because she's a layperson of course she wouldn't know anything without guidance.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I've gotten into the Luthier's house and have cleared it out but the place is still red on my map and I am losing my loving mind trying to figure out what I'm missing someone please help

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

McTimmy posted:

There's a gem in an instrument.

Christ thank you, I figured it was something like that but I could not track it down, I will go look e; Found it! loving thing wasn't glinting so I just never spotted it.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 8, 2021

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

King Vidiot posted:

Is everybody but me playing on Hardcore? I had zero problems with the first survival, but then all I really did was hide in the tunnel under one of the houses. I killed several, waited it out and then the cutscene trigger when I poked my head out of the crawlspace.

The only "difficulty" I had was when I fell through a roof into a wall and had to reload a checkpoint.

I'm playing on Normal, I figured because I never played 7 and this is first person I might struggle with Hardcore.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I have finished the game after caning it all day.

I was deeply hosed up by some segments (I do not like the Beneviento segment :gonk:). They did an excellent job making Lycans look wrong and hitting the uncanny valley, especially the FMA ones. Also did a pretty good job overall of being stressed but managing to scrape through, game real good.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

DanielCross posted:

So, having just finished the game now (thoroughly pleased with my time, poo poo was wild in the best ways), does anyone know how that Maiden demo fits in, plotwise, if at all?

I think the necklace that drops from a random dungeon zombie is inferred by some people to have been the Maiden's but outside that, afaik, no.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I am 3 major bosses in and am curious is the portion that everyone seems to universally hate the reservoir? Because I kind of hated the reservoir. Having to do that pain in the rear end platform switch puzzle while being harassed by a giant fish and then capping it off with fighting a giant enemy, in first person, in a tiny arena, where they have an AOE effect that has to be interrupted but also fucks with your vision when you're trying to find the gimmick to mess with it...

I think the section people dislike is the factory because it drags but I wouldn't say I hated it, or any part of the game. Or maybe the Stronghold? But I didn't mind that, it was a brief intense action segment and I liked it fine.

I'm gonna hate the dollhouse for how long it'll take if I replay though, can't blast through it like elsewhere. And I sure don't like what's in the basement, though credit to the devs for making a creepy house of possessed dolls a total relief in comparison lol

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I replayed today, and honestly I don't think this is one I'm gonna be replaying any more, unless maybe DLC switches stuff up. The first time through is drat good but on a replay there's an awful lot of going from A to B or segments, especially with Donna and Moreau, that I really wasn't feeling now that I know how it works. Game has a lot of reliance on you not knowing things, and being surprised or having to explore or work stuff out, which is excellently done for the first play but makes the pacing super not work for me on a replay.

Second lord spoilers: though knowing what's coming and how to avoid it doesn't make the Baby segment significantly less terrifying.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Trillhouse posted:

I had the same feeling re: the villagers being left on the cutting-room floor. They all seemed so well designed and voice-acted, and they all had unique personalties, so I was like "oh these guys must stick around for awhile." It was a legitimate shock when they died a minute after they were introduced. Which was actually kind of fun because it's so rare to be surprised like that in a game.

I also had the exact same reaction in Luiza's House. It was so obvious to me that Elena was being set up to be an important side character something like a Sherry or maybe growing more capable as the game went on and helping Ethan at a critical late game moment and/or having a playable segment. She was strongly being set up like that and literally shot her dad to save you but he didn't die immediately so she goes "Actually nah, thanks for the help Ethan but you know what, I'm gonna peace".

While I do want to know what could have been, I also appreciated the swerve.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

site posted:

on ng+ your inventory carries over so once you have access to it (when you enter the village) you have all your guns with their upgrades and infinite ammo for whatever you've unlocked it for (useful for killing the big guy and 30 lycans during the survival section). this will work even if you go up a difficulty, so you can do a first run on casual and then move up to standard or hardcore with your good guns

I must have done something very weird because when I went to do a second playthrough I only got bonus stuff from the Duke, none of my old inventory was there at all?

e; I have great framerate except for the Daughter flies and one specific room, which is the staircase room next to the Opera room in the castle. In that one specific location everything crawls to like, 15 FPS or something. No clue why. :iiam:

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 13, 2021

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes I’ve had no issues with it. Not like there’s anything outside of the bosses you have to fight. So far in my run the only actual fights you’re forced to do: , 2 lycans on that very first shack, Daughters and Lady D, Moreau, Giant hammer dude at stronghold (who I just beat). Literally everything else can be run past. The very first lycan? despawns if you pick the bolt cutters. The stronghold? Run past straight to do the door. Werefolf on the way to Moreau? Yeah just ignore it.

We’ll see how much poo poo in the factory you actually have to kill but aside from Sturm I can’t imagine there being many.

I’m doing the following:
- knife
- 3 hours
- 4 healing or less (so far have used 0)
- no organizing inventory
- spend less than 10,000 (spent 0 so far).

Factory: When you've cast the Key and are heading back to the elevator there's that one Panzer Soldat that spawns in a very narrow hallway, I'm not sure whether you'd be able to get past easily.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Night10194 posted:

Any tips for knife fighting? The basic knife isn't that hard to land hits with but it seems pretty weak. I feel like I have to dance around a ghoul while slicing them quite a bit to actually kill them.

If you tap Block right after your second hit lands you can do a frame reset and go right into another slash. That's all I got, otherwise yeah it's dancing around in an elegant ballet of blades.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Flesnolk posted:

Heisenberg is super powerful in his own right. He admits he can't take on Miranda 1 v 1 but it feels like he'd either have a good shot against the others or win outright depending on which one we're talking about. You really think Fish Guy can beat Magneto?

Lady D is the big one in his way below Miranda. He'd stomp poor Moreau faster than Ethan does Donna might not even be a factor because she's entirely likely to stay home rather than take sides. Onee-chan Dimi on the other hand is a huge powerful bad bitch.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Evil Kit posted:

Did you select New Game instead of Continue? I waffled on that which when and went with Continue and when it prompted me to select a difficulty as soon as I got into the Village I had all my guns so that's how you NG+

It didn't even occur to me that selecting Continue would do anything :v: Thanks, I will do that instead next time!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Evil Kit posted:

No problem! Getting to blast through the opening Lycan fight with all your gear from beating the game is a joy everyone should experience.

This also explains how the hell you survive the opening minutes of VoN difficulty because I barely BARELY scraped through Hardcore and had no idea how to approach something even worse lol

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Sam Faust posted:

She was poisoned by the knife.

If only Chris knew what the power of that artefact was, if only Ethan had had the chance to mention it. Whatever it was on that knife was the most powerful non-rocket launchair item against BOWs in the RE universe.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 13, 2021

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Discendo Vox posted:

It's not clear she was doing it very long at all, and she believed she could make the switch, then later take the baby without anyone (e.g. Chris) noticing. Iirc they basically just finished moving in when the game starts, and Mia doesn't appear to have been in her prisonlab very long.

I thought the same so I checked the wiki, turns out Mia was only in there for four days maximum. I had figured Mirandaer was either getting a feel for Ethan for some reason, or that she was simply planning on slipping out that night when he was asleep to avoid any problems.

Actually thinking about it, On the phone to Mirander, Dimi is admonished that Ethan is "important" to the ceremony? That's why she yells "To hell with the ceremony!" and all. But that's the only time that seems to be mentioned, because otherwise MM is like "Yeah Karl you can kill this idjit" and doesn't have anyone else refrain from trying to kill Ethan including she own self. But if that had been intended to be a thing then I would presume Mirander's infiltration was also intended to get Ethan to fulfill some role for the ceremony as well.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

About a week, eh?

Well it's been... one week since you looked like me
Shot your head, and your side, and stole a baby
Five days since you flask'd them feet
Saying, "put her back together, come back and see me"
Three days since the living room
I realized you're made of mold, but couldn't tell you
Yesterday you'd collected meat
But you missed a fish and can't complete the story

:gowron: :5:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Finished VoS today, don't think I am likely to do more Mercs after getting some S and higher ranks, just not feeling that memorization of spawns is all that fun.

Heisenberg fight on VoS is an incredible pain in the rear end.

I might do a last run on Casual just to comp stomp some jerks now that I have very powerful guns with infinite ammo, but I think I am satisfied with the game otherwise, had an extremely good time except for being correct that, even though I now have it down to a very quick run, the Beneviento section is tedious to redo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Finished replaying/100%ing Resi 4 just now after not playing it in like a decade, fuuuuck me a couple of sections late in the game are balls hard on Professional but the game still goddamn bangs and it has so many incredible lines

"Where's everybody going? Bingo?"