Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Slug
Oct 30, 2011

Overall, I think outbreak gave me the best moments of RE gaming just because of how awesome you felt when four complete strangers that couldn't communicate would be able to somehow brute force their way through hell, all the while showing a degree of cooperation (at least early on, before everyone would just speed run it). I mean, to nerd out, I still have a fond memory from the multiplayer with complete strangers:

In the hospital level you're chased throughout by a madman wielding an ax, and the end of the level involves you gathering chemicals to take out a plant monster which is holding up the crumbling building. Destroying it causes obvious side effects, such as the guy going ballistic (turns out it's his wife) and you rushing through the destruction while he hunts you. We had lost a guy already and the three of us were limping to the end convoy style, and as we got to the exit the ax man was guarding the exit and charged at us. One of our guys had an ax and ran into the fray and started hacking at him while using the run command to tell us to book it, and we got out with less than a five seconds to spare while they both perished in the ruble. I still think that's the most thing that ever happened in that game, and I will gladly throw money at a HD remake or anything that brings back the feeling of not being some totally awesome special agent that flips around with laser sights and throws knives at midgets.

Also, that theme, my god that was the best RE theme that they made. It made you feel so lonely and desperate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Slug
Oct 30, 2011

Those were the first RE games that I played and I absolutely loved them. Playing them online was probably one of the best experiences ever, but single player is pretty good too. Pick Mark, the big burly dude, and bust everyones head with a hammer the way god intended.

Electric Slug
Oct 30, 2011

I remember my first online game we all ended up dying in the first scenario. We turned into zombies and we would form zombie barricades to block the rest of the zombies from eating our last two guys. It failed, but we provided bro-op from beyond the grave. That and being the bad rear end who sacrificed yourself to save your team made you feel like a hero, like some demonic zombie slaying god. Good times