Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I'm torn on what to get the game for. On the one hand it runs fine on my computer at 1440p and hits around 72 to 144 fps on my 144hz monitor pretty much maxed out. On the other hand regular PS4 on 4k hdr tv sorta looked better...or maybe I was just appreciating things more since I wasn't booking it trying to get back to where I had been in the PS4 demo before time ran out. I kinda instead found the ending of the demo early.

It's a tough call since 60+ fps and mouse aim super feels better but it looked real drat good on my tv with HDR on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Relin posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/961440/achievements

should i take this to mean only 9% of players finish the demo? unless that includes time at the start menu

you can finish the demo without using up the 30 minutes. I accidentally finished it in like 12:42 while skipping cutscenes since my PC playthrough was my second run.

Also it's probably the 9% of the players trying to do shenanigans to play for longer than 30 minutes.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

I always thought cdkeys was a step above g2a but not truly legit. Like not in the steal your credit card way or "selling key insurance like g2a" way.

More in the "we're selling out of region cdkeys for what it cost us to buy them and don't actually have agreements with publishers to sell those keys in the US/regions that cost more" not legit sorta way. Kinda like what cd projekt/gog had accused GMG of doing with witcher 3 keys back near launch. They buy 'em from some third party who got keys from the publisher and resell them.

edit: Like they're circumventing regional pricing by buying cheap keys from eastern europe or other areas. The keys are legit but it's something the publisher would shut down if they could (and some do by not letting those keys be activated out of the region. Capcom doesn't seem to care/notice too much I guess)

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 15, 2019

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

CrRoMa posted:

Sounds morally questionable but also if you are charging different prices in different area then *shrug*

Yeah pretty much. Like it ain't "we stole credit cards and bought some keys" scummy at least (which is what g2a is)

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 15, 2019

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Strategy conserve ammo is now shooting off arms and legs.

Edit: Hold the gently caress up. How do you set of the C4.

using cheat engine to get the detonator. You can also get the bolt cutters.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i have been on media blackout for this to the degree that i dont even really want to run the demo. how does the game run on a base ps4? i'd prefer to get it for console since my pc time is super limited, but if its not running well on console i'll get it on pc.

Demo ran at 40-50 fps on the base PS4 at 1080p.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does REmake 2 do 4K/60FPS on Xbox One X?

No. It seems to be closer to 1620p or something in the demo. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-resident-evil-2-remake-demo-analysis

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

there's like a solid half dozen version of re4 out at this point, right

which one is supposed to be the best overall

Steam or PS4/Xbox One.

Steam can install a texture pack.

Alternative option: Wii with wiimote aiming.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

SMG does a pretty good job chewing up regular zombies as well. It'll tear off limbs with quick short bursts.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Sheen Sheen posted:

Thanks! Are the S/S+ times for Hardcore shorter than Standard? I’m specifically asking here on SA because googling is getting me a bunch of conflicting answers. I was barely able to finish Leon A on Standard in under 3 hours, which apparently gave me more than enough time for S+ but I’m dreading trying to beat that on Hardcore, especially if I have to do it even faster

Yes. S rank on hardcore is 1 hour shorter than on standard. So 1st run: 2 hours and 30 minutes. 2nd run: 2 hours.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Ugh speaking of lickers I'm low on ammo on Leon a hardcore and need to do something about those jerks near the cryo room. Tried fighting them only to die very quickly cause the shotgun and two flashbangs definitely weren't enough

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

In Training posted:

Also I know it got posted not too long ago but does somebody have that cheat sheet PNG on hand. I forgot to save/bookmark it and it's hard to search for.

e: f, b by a shitton

Cheat sheet + text solution for that circuit puzzle

A B C D on the vertical axis, top to bottom, and 1 2 3 4 on the horizontal.

Claire Electronic Puzzle Scenario A - A3, B1, D2, C3, C3, C3, C4
Claire Electronic Puzzle Scenario B - B1, C3, C4, C4, D4, D2, B4, B3, A2, B3, B3,
Leon Electronic Puzzle Scenario A - A2, A3, A3, B3, B3, B3, B4, C4, C3, C3, D3, D2, D1
Leon Electronic Puzzle Scenario B - D3, C3, A3, B2, C2, C2, C2, D2, C1, A1

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

codo27 posted:

Trying to save time so I dont wanna gently caress around seeing I've already done this twice, but I cant make any sense of the chess plug layout. The pawn and knight are still on opposite walls? So I dont get it. (B)

From left to right on the side with the pawn label: knight left, rook center, pawn right (where label is)

From left to right on the other side where left is where the door is: queen left, bishop center, king right

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Yeah the diagram is completely useless without labeling where the door is supposed to be, but the way I read it when I glance at it now is this: The Knight plug slot is in the same place on both A and B, so top left is the Knight plug slot and below the bottom left is the door.

The knight specifically is not in the same place. It's label is incorrect on the B / 2nd run puzzles. The pawn label is always the correct place for the pawn.

Edit: wait you meant what is labelled on the puzzle jpg. That puzzle jpg always starts at the knight label and what is across from it. So far right of door

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 9, 2019

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Wrex Ruckus posted:

after dying a few times as Kendo, I switched to babby mode and played through all four scenarios that way. I'll probably go back and do them for real at some point.

anyone know what the deal is with the unlock for beating No Way Out with less than 60 bullets infinite cat ears?

that unlockable is like the bandana in metal gear solid. It gives you infinite ammo for all weapons (and cat ears probably) edit: all weapons in ghost survivors only

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 16, 2019

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Better quality version of those screenshots

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1167057223312449536

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1202654210086637569?s=21

So I wonder when they're actually gonna announce this thing if not at TGAs?

Jump Fiesta is end of December and capcom has two "mystery" games that will be playable at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

That place is loving clown town. At least Claire doesn't have to go around that way.

and god help you if you didn't board any windows and now the place is full of zombies too.