Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Len posted:

One of my favorite b-movie hammy bits of RE0 is that Billy B and Wesker are just sitting in a room watching security footage from cameras that have no logical reason for being where they are. I miss Billy B. We need a prequel starring him.

All while Wesker was spotting those 90s sunglasses. While in a dark underground Umbrella lab.

Man, no wonder he was Wesker's only friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Some people on another gaming forum I visit are like "OVER THE SHOULDER CAMERA?! WON'T BUY WITHOUT FIXED CAMERA AND/OR PRE-RENDERED BACKGROUNDS"

I'm just happy to play an updated version of my personal favorite RE game.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Okay so now I'm at the point where X is gon give it to Claire and I just realized that I might have completely neglected to board up windows in the West wing.

And I also ran past all of those Lickers.

how hosed am I

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Noirex posted:

Having never played a RE game before, I went in completely blind and I'm having a real blast. The first time Mr X busted in through a wall like the KoolAid man I nearly had a goddamn heart attack.

I just got to this part and I had the exact same reaction, right down to the "holy poo poo now he's Mr. KoolAid Man X".

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Finished my first runthrough of Claire A and... goddamn, that was pretty good. The game has some pretty good pacing too because I don't know if I could have taken an entirely third Lab wing as long as the first two, but luckily the game itself knew it was time to wrap things up.

Welp, time for Leon B

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

CJacobs posted:

A tyrant that is the size of a building, mind

Nah, that was in the other CG movie that involved a dude who could mind control Lickers.

In Vendetta, Leon face kicked a tyrant who was a human and was gun fu fighting Chris Redfield two minutes prior

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I am at the tail's end of the NEST stuff on Leon B right now and I just have one curious question:

yo man who in the gently caress even gave Mr. X security clearance to even get down here

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Got through Leon B (with a lovely rank), but in all, RE2 was a lot of fun.

The only thing I think that they kind of fumbled the ball with was Super Mr. X. I think Darkside Chronicles still has the best fight for him in the series by far.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

with friends if you get a mastermind that sucks poo poo the game is a blast, if you get a mastermind that is actually good its the cheapest bullshit in the world and is terrible.

My second or third match was a Mastermind that waited until everyone was at the exit to spawn Birkin and 4 dogs.

Yeah, Mastermind varies the experience by a lot

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Finished REmake 3 and... it was okay. Definitely think that it's a little worse than REmake 2 where most of the liberties it took ended up enhancing the experience outside of continuity issues with the First/Second run stuff. With REmake 3, I felt that these moments felt the most flat: Brad dying via Carlos was kinda lame. They really didn't need to do this just to explain how RE2 cop got bitten. And no Barry in the ending was kind of a bummer too.

I felt like Nemesis in the first half was pretty cool, but it seems like I dealt with Dog Nemesis for a super long time. And the final confrontation was just... eh.... OG RE3 did that a lot better and the Dead Factory > Copy-pasted lab. They missed a good-rear end opportunity in the lab too. Oh poo poo, they may have one of these proto-Tyrants bust out of the tanks an-.... oh, it's just more Hunters..."

I dunno, I just felt like REmake 3 could have been way, way more than what we got. If REmake 1 is something that effectively replaces the canon, and REmake 2 is something that you can play and get by with not playing OG RE2 if you wanted, I couldn't in good conscience say to someone "if you're really into RE, REmake 3 is good enough"; you kinda have to play the OG version of 3 to really get what they were trying to do with Nemesis, branching paths, etc.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m not sure what exactly you could do to make the island better outside trimming the fat. That’s it’s main issue

Since they said that segment will probably get more new content, obviously they can make the Island better by adding a Raccoon City Sewers level and another NEST level

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Lol wtf this catapult part is so cheap. Is there somewhere to stash Ashley so she doesn’t just get murdered randomly?

for me, Ashley herself wasn't so much the problem, but those catapults got pretty stupid accurate for people who shouldn't really know where Leon is at all times when he's going underground/exiting line of sight, etc. There was a point where I tried to help Ashley up, and the catapults timed their shots just enough to chain stun Leon with perfect accuracy while Leon's just doing his "UYYNNGGGGHHHHH" all of the floor.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

OG Saddler is great

I like how at a certain point over the radio he stopped giving a poo poo to even pretend about actually believing in his cult's BS, he just needed the money

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I just got past Krauser and I dunno, I feel like the game has been swinging and missing for every villain since Mendez. New Salazar is pretty lame, New Verdugo isn’t great and the other one just disappears from the story this time, and New Saddler actually believing in this religious bullshit just ain’t landing. Krauser’s story changes are just kind of whatever

But they improved Ashley enough to offset all of this, so I’m still good

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Man, Mike kinda sucks in the Remake

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Like the OG RE4, I got my rocket launchers for two things in the first playthrough: 1) Verdugo, and 2) Saddler, and I didn't even bat an eye about Saddler in this one because he was about to go into a rant about salvation and the lord and I just cut him off mid-sentence with an RPG

Good game but there were some parts that were kind of bullshit even on Normal. And holy poo poo gently caress those guys with the Spider Plagas something fierce, especially if you get cornered by four of them in a certain late game segment.

Ashley is thoroughly an improvement in the Remake but the villains are kind of lame in the Remake besides Mendez. If I could take Remake Ashley and Remake Mendez + OG Salazar and Saddler, this would be absolute perfection.

Dunno if I'm going to go straight into Professional, it honestly sounds like a major pain in the rear end and I'd like to at least have a playthrough to mess around with broken weapons

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Pwnstar posted:

DC Douglas was also reported to be shady irl in recent memory, possibly a factor.

eh maybe, i mean capcom is only just now doing something about Reuben Langdon, at least for Ken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

loving lmao that they seemed to nerf Hunk's neck snap compared to the OG RE4 (now he does a Revolver Ocelot hand gesture for a few seconds after each snap), but goddamn everything else about him is way more powerful even before getting into Mayhem powers. That TMP loving sucked in the original but holy gently caress I swear Hunk's machine gun was doing more damage than anything Leon or Luis had normally