Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Hey all, I've got a rather odd question. I did a Let's Play test post for Operation Raccoon City and said I was looking for other people to join me in the LP, since it is a co-op game. Someone replied and said it would be a good idea to check over here if any Resi fans had the game and would be interested in playing it and showing it off.

You don't need to record the game yourself yourself, all you need is a mic (for Skype), Audacity, and the Xbox 360 version of REORC. Thanks for your time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

That loving Sned posted:

Audacity is a free audio editing program, and pretty easy to use too.

I'd like to see a Let's Play of this game. Did Capcom ever fix the bugs in it?

You'd have to give me specifics. The friendly AI is still terrible and the enemies still take way too many hits to kill. The boss fights are still way too difficult and scripted too.

MmmDonuts posted:

I might be interested.

Okie doke, send a request to Mezurya on Skype and I can set stuff up. Still want to get a few more people in though.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Really just depends on how many people will actually be available. If I get a bunch of people I can rotate but if it's just a few I can have a set amount.

I'm not the type to have a strict schedule. As long as I update once or twice a week I'm good, so I'd probably just record when people are available.

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm interested in this.

I haven't finished the game itself (either campaign) mainly due to the fact that I'd rather not try and slog through it by myself. Don't have many guns unlocked, but I do have all the characters' skills unlocked and upgraded to maximum (on a related note, I know the first level of the Umbrella campaign like the back of my hand now).

It's a lot more fun with other people, mostly because you can just laugh about how badly everything is going. When I was playing the mission with Mr. X in the lab I died and for about ten minutes I just kept loving with my friend and telling him that Mr. X was chasing him the whole time, and he'd freak out, haha

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

ApexAftermath posted:

Amazon has used copies for $14 plus shipping. I was going to see about getting it used in town but the used games place here wants $39.99 for it used. Ridiculous. I'll go ahead and order it.

I know what you mean, I got it on 360 for $20, but places still want $40 for it on PS3. It's fuckin' weird.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Every time I do Containment all the AI characters just run directly into the fire and explosions. Also Beltway has an odd habit of just standing in fire and not giving a poo poo.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Steinuh posted:

I'm ashamed that I bought the CE of ORC on release day. I played multiplayer and had some fun with it. Is the DLC worth it?

I think so, yeah. They're all a lot more unique than the USS missions. Also the very first mission if free, so play that one so you can get a feel for it.

Just a warning: you have to fight Nemesis again, and he still takes way too much damage.

Also as long as we're having open games, feel free to send an invite to Mezurya92 on XBL if you just want a dude to mess around with.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Hey dudes, quick reminder for those who wanted to join in on the ORC LP. Make sure to send your contact info to "mezurya" on Skype or "Mezurya92" on Xbox Live soon, I'm gonna try to get this ball rolling. So far it's just me and Drakenel, so still got a bit of room.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

RE4 and RE5 are easily some of the best in the series, some people just don't like change. I still play 1 2 and 3 on my PSP from time to time and love them, but I've played and beat 4 and 5 several times each to 100%.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Hey dudes, there's a Steam sale on Operation Raccoon City and RE5, so if you're crazy and never played RE5 or are curious enough to play ORC, now's a good chance!

(Just remember the PC version of RE5 doesn't have DLC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Leyburn posted:

Chris and Sheva play the entire thing completely straight, but every other character in the game is a hilarious, raving, campy maniac. All this RE5 talk has me thinking I might make my brother help me finish up my Professional run so I can finally get that platinum.

I've just had an extreme make-ovah!

I hate that guy...