Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Also, Co Op isn't working for the majority of the people, due to some server issue or some poo poo like that.

Tried playing this with a buddy after it was unlocked this morning here in Germany, but connecting to other games is impossible right now, at least for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Dol posted:

Does anyone have any idea how to turn off the built in voice chat for co-op on the PC?

It's not possible.

Settings do nothing, it is to be fixed though.

Thanks, Capcom for starting the matchmaking servers half a day late for Europe, so that Co op was impossible.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

...another thread poll:
Who is the worst character in the resident evil series?

Who is the weakest character in the resident evil series?

edit: dangit, don't just say steve for both

I'm torn between Alex Wesker and Alice for worst.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Fatal frame is just titty fanservice now.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Old Swerdlow posted:

I finally tried giving RE 5 a shot after my latest play through of RE 4.

This game is straight doo doo and I have dropped it after the third stage. I’m glad to have stopped just before a large turret section.

Play coop, it's fun.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Convex posted:

This guy absolutely needs to be Jill's future husband

Sex is a nonexistent concept in RE, they couldn't consummate the marriage.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

We really need dual gold luger 2021 Steve.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Capcom is just waiting for next Gen so they can get eye searing reflective raytracing.

As God intended.

I hope they keep his Galerian Choker.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I've never seen him following me inside the clock tower, ever.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Crowetron posted:

There are a few places that are completely off-limits to the big guy. Not just safe rooms, either. The clock tower is one for sure, but I can't remember the others off the top of my head.

I wanna say Armory Room with the Lockers, Clock Tower, Stars Office?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

poe meater posted:

Don't worry he runs faster than you and will blow up the save room's door

I hope he picks up wrestling moves and will German suplex you.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So in RE1, Yawn has to bite a specific part of the floor to uncover a 5m² room, containing a fake grave that conceals a ladder leading into the sewers.

Wesker planned for everything

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

If you chill in the hole long enough, Barry shows up with a rope and the code to get into the basement. Wesker's plans were not contingent on Yawn smashing the floor.

I never knew. And yeah it was the basement, not the sewers.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Man CVX is the worst game in the series

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

0 is worse

Also depends if you're counting spin offs

Man, 0 is a mechanically broken and bad game but it looks and feels good. I also like a few of 0 bosses.

CVX is grey and dark. I nearly threw my controller fighting wacky flailing arm man cause the draw distance on that fight is awful.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Chris is obviously following possibly leads for people that can continue the Redfield bloodline

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

For other dads, fishing trip is code for drinking beers with their buddy near a lake, for Barry and Bob it's shooting fish with high-powered revolvers.

That unnamed Burton Daughter had no chance

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

Is there another Burton besides Moira, Polly and the (no doubt) adopted Natalia?

Yeah, I meant Polly, the dead one. She doesn't get named in any game, just in supplementary media I believe?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Bonaventure posted:

she's not dead, but with the buildup they give to that backstory it's easy to assume she is and miss the, like, one line where they say she isn't

What?! What the hell, I thought Moira shot her with Barry's Magnum. So she survived?

Man, those Burton Genes are sturdy.

Edit

Oh poo poo I missed that scene in Revelaitons 2 completely, fuuuck

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

man nurse posted:

I love Code Veronica and if they remake it I will be over the moon.

They’re clearly enjoying success with these remakes so I’d say the odds are decent that they finish it out.

How to remake CV:

1. Remove Steve
2. cut the backtracking
3. cut Wesker showing up in front of the mansion
4. Make bosses good.
5. Find and rehire Alfred Ashfords VA and give him more lines.
6. Remove the metal detector and the dead man walking scenario.
7. Fix plotholes

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

i really need to buy revelations on the ps4 or the switch because while i have it on 3ds i physically cannot use the nub.

Jill's rear end is so huge, it needs to be experienced in full 3D

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Y'all wrong, he's part of a Hollywood Tour and is looking for STARS and where they live.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Terragrigia will not be forgotten :911:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Jill Valentine can survive a rocket to the face and can slow down time.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I love the idea that every STARS member has a special ability.

What's Rebecca's?

Berry's is obviously Sex, Guns and irresponsible parenting

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Convex posted:

Don't forget excellent piano playing

I figured she just shadowed Jill on her first Day and copied that from her.

I doubt Wesker let's girls join who can't play the Moonlight Sonata or Für Elise.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

We will surely get the Samurai Edge.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

That explains party Jill

It was a hot summer night, OK?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

man nurse posted:

Code Veronica superiority. Definitely a better RE 3 than RE 3 was. I fucken love that game. The crazy plot, the awesome atmosphere and music, the overpowered knife, matrix Wekser, it’s great.

You're insane, CV is hot trash garbage with bad backtracking, bad weapons a messy plot and tons of bad design decisions.

It's easily among the worst games in the series.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Spermando posted:

I finished it in 4.30 hours. There were a couple of times where I thought that they could have copy pasted a few hallways and added a couple of keys and it wouldn't have bothered me, but instead they herd you from setpiece to setpiece without fleshing them out. I guess this lends credence to that rumour that said this was supposed to ship together with RE2.

Yeah, I cancelled my preorder. Disappointed, especially since my wife also wanted to play it. It's just not in the budget if it's basically done in an afternoon..
I figured Re3 could've used some expanding, not cut content in general.

Ideally 6-8h for a normal, first time playthrough would've been ideal for me

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Can I please get Sherry again, in a non poo poo game please?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I never understood the complaints about QTEs in RE4. There are only two things they can be (A+B or L+R) and there's no penalty for pressing any wrong buttons so you can just mash everything all at once to insta-succeed every time.

Ah, except if you played the PC release back when it would display 1+2 or 4+5

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Or E and X, or C and Z. It was even keys that you don't actually use to play the game.

To be fair, the port was terrible and there was an always succeed QTE mod out a week later, but it definitely marred the nostalgia I have for RE4 when I think back on it

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

codo27 posted:

I figure I'm better off using the saw to conserve shells for the legions of molded and god knows what else I'll come across later

No you're not, that saw is boss fight only

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It did have Revelaitons tho.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The Wii one never got a western release. V did, on the Wiiu.

They are okay, tho they never quiet reach the quality of two.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The Wii one is 4, right? I hear that one's actually quite good.

It has some annoying things, mainly Wii load times and those ghost hands. The fan translation patch is quite good.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Maiden of Black Water is okay, bit by the numbers which happens with your fifth sequel sometimes.

There are two Wii games, a slightly worse but still playable port of 2 and the fourth in the series which never got an official western release for whatever reason (game breaking bugs allegedly). There's a fan patch though getting games with heavy wiimote use going on an emulator can be finicky.

I've had infinite loading doors on a modded Wii back then, yeah.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

CV needs more of a remake than 4 ever does

No. It doesn't. It can stay in the bad section of RE Games, along with Dead Aim and Gunsurvivor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I thought it was stupid how there isn't achievement for punching that stuffed Croc through every goddamn level and then launching it into space with the pile driver arm