Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
I bought both RE6 and RE: Revelations during the sale on steam. Haven't touched RE6 yet, but Revelations I have really enjoyed. I just need a buddy for raid mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

blackguy32 posted:

Last time I tried to play Raid mode on PS3 with some other guy, he proceeded to jump in and mow everyone down with a magnum before I could even try to do anything. Haven't played Raid mode since, but it was fun from what I played of it.

Real men go knife only Jill.

Speaking of, if anyone is interested in playing Raid mode on PC, add me on Steam: Kagami_Toxsyl.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I never got to play ORC, I kinda want to simply because I like coop games, but after reading all of your posts I now don't think I want to.

On another note, Revelations biggest flaw to me is the dodge system is finicky for me at least. That, and I never can find people to play raid mode with.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I am on PC for RE:R and RE6.

Yes, that scripted mutation in RE4 and 5 was annoying until you realized flash grenades were the best thing ever.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I think Capcom made Chris look gay on accident and when people noticed, they started playing along with the fans. Plus, Chris being gay sounds fabulous loving funny with the overall RE silliness.

Also is it true for the Remaster HD Turbo Remix that after you kill the Elder Crimson head, Crimson Head Forrest will gently caress off and never appear again?

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Wanderer posted:

You do bring Chris being gay up an awful lot. Are you testing the waters to reveal your 20-chapter BSAA gay romance novel, LOVE IN THE TIME OF BIOHAZARD?

This better be a real thing or I'll be hella disappointed.

Also Forrest apparently never goes away now.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Just like in the original release, Forest will vanish completely when you return from the Residence. Maybe you ran into a regular Crimson Head?

I kept reading he was gone after killing the elder crimson head, but yeah he left after a hunter played grab rear end with me.

Chris has some of the best non Barry lines.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I felt a really Alan Wake feel to this game. I like the way the game feels as a more tense less intense game so far. Dodging still feels weird as sometimes I can avoid a grab, but maybe its because I am drunk playing this and key board controls for this game kinda suck. Oh, if you think I didn't like it, I like this game so far. I still think the episodic format is kinda poo poo though. I rather have a full game I can drunkenly play through.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I want to say I like Raid mode more in this game, but then I end up feeling like there is something missing from it. Oh wait, online co-op play is missing. Anyway, I find playing as Wasker... Whisker... Wesker, really satisfying. Mostly cause his dodging abilities feel really overpowered.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I think the character Cipher is bugged or something in this game, as the character will not unlock for me. Also I noticed when I play this game in windowed mode I get less framerate drops.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Weremacht posted:

it's not 90 total medals, it's 90 completion (win, at or under par level, no healing, kill everything in one run) medals, which is impossible at the moment. there just aren't enough levels.

also, did you know that other character's completion medals don't count? i found that out after like two hours of replaying gauntlets

So even with having over 450 medals I stil can't unlock the guy? Hmm, I guess they are something only available from the full game then. Sad, but oh well.

Really so all that effort trying out HUNK is kinda in vain. I've been maining Whiskers currently cause I'm a douche.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, this. It's not particularly clear what it means. Although speaking of which...

The dodge cancel skill gives more invincibility frames and moves the character further, right? Not sure I've understood the math correctly on that one.
Capcom being clear on a gameplay mechanic? No, they would never do that.

The dodge cancel with the skill that makes you able to link dodges together faster would be pretty bullshit with gesticulation (Aka the best skill ever.)
I really hope there is a twerk or something as dumb looking gesture later on that will make kill people gestures the best thing ever.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
Cipher with all the melee and dodge skills would be hella fun.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'm half expecting the twist to be that Albert and Alex Wesker are the same person and Albert just likes to crossdress. Because Revelations 2 feels more like Code Veronica 2 more than anything so far.

This is why Jake was like, "Wait, Albert Wesker was my dad?"

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I actually found it easy to kill Pedro as Claire since I had a gently caress load of shotgun ammo and machine pistol ammo and I just layed him out. Also if you kill him early as Claire, Barry's episode is like 20 minutes shorter.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Does flipping the sluice gates in Claire's chapter have any effect besides switching up the paths that Barry takes to the mine entrance? I already hit the mine, just curious.

Apparently it effects what collectibles you get in Barry's episode.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I bought Gold Edition last night on steam, if anyone (which I doubt) is interested in playing coop with me. Add: Kagami_Toxsyl. I'm under the name Jun now.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I remember being a tiny baby and playing RE3 when it first came out and trail blazing that poo poo, until I realized hard was normal mode. That game is something else, I wanna love it, but I can't really get into it like I can RE2 and Remaster.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
Speaking of RE3, am I the only person who liked Jill's outfit in 3? I've never had an issue with it. Also does anyone know of a good knife only run of RE3? I know carcinogen has a good 1000% run, but knife runs I've seen so far.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I'm pretty sure the RE story is something you need to be inebriated during for the most part. I'm usually drunk having a grand time watching and playing.

Also RE5 and RE6 are poo poo for Keyboard and mouse. Pad is the only way cause QTEs are a nightmare.

Edit: I plan on powering through Mercenaries and the DLC episodes tonight so if anyone is game for some RE% on steam hit me up.

Steam: Kagami_toxsyl I using the name Jun right now.

Toxsyl fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 31, 2015

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I think I have a bug in my game. I can not unlock characters in mercenaries. I have gotten A ranks and above and no characters or stages unlock.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
My RE.net name is Toxsyl.

If anyone is looking for coop in RE5, REV, and REV2 on pc hit me up when ever.

Also the dreadnaught mission feels really meh to me. I don't like tank enemies.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I don't really see RE5's inventory system much of an issue. Mostly cause I played the original games and I'm still used to 8 inventory slots.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
Anyone down for some RE5 DLC action?

Edit: PC version.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
That's too much effort. Letting Rebecca or Barry die takes a lot longer than it should so I just kill the boss and let everyone live.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Sylphid posted:

Going through REmastered on Real Survival, Knife-only, and Jill is certainly an experience. I was expecting the Crypt Crimson to be tough, and he was, but it's made considerably easier by realizing the only safe time to attack him is when he does his swipe attack.

Yawn I would have to say is my least favorite part of the experience so far. Takes like 40 swipes to kill and it's so slow. I'm finding the mansion revisited -> caves part really tough, because Hunters are basically invincible without weapons to use, and they're so fast. At the very least, this time through the game has made me appreciate the humble Knife more, though most of the game I wish I was playing as Chris, because his Knife skills are vastly superior. It was mostly a matter of Chris having to deal with Plant 42 at all that I decided to go with Jill.

Now that I'm in the caves, the only part of the game I'm particularly worried about is Tyrant 1. At least I can run away from Tyrant 2 and just keep his attention when he starts going after Chris / Barry.

You can't do knife only Jill if Barry lives. If Barry lives you have to fight tyrant 2 and it only ends when you use the rocket launcher. Keep in mind you can't use head stomps or defensive items.

Tyrant 1 can be cheesed in knife only by corner stabbing him. Every time he tries to walk around and turn a corner you can get some hits in.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
The best trick for the Lisa fight/puzzle is to avoid Lisa but shoot her when she is close to Barry to change her aggression.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
Finally sat down and loaded up RE0, and wow... I rather play the Remake instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Pureauthor posted:

RE4 Leon is the sanest, in that he treats everything like the B-movie it actually is.

He is hamming it the gently caress up and knows everything is absolutely bullshit. He revels on how ridiculous it is that he is the coolest dude to save the president's daughter. So what 80's/90's beat'em up is RE4 a remake of again?