Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Geight posted:

That's actually really cool, and makes team mode a bit more appealing.

Also today I saw a dude with Leon "Costume 2", which was a recolor of the pirate outfit and it had the same Survivors loadout as Costume 1. How do I get that?

Got to get on RE.net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

AllisonByProxy posted:

I only recently found out that you can unlock the ps1 era model costumes for everyone on RE.NET but I have no idea how to get the "tickets" or whatever. Those costumes look rad though.

You got to do events that hand them out. Once enough people do X thing y times or whatever, everyone gets a ticket.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
You need to be up in your enemies' faces by sliding into their legs, shooting their arms, and making their heads explode in various ways.

Also, Jake is the best character in the game.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Ada's campaign is probably the best.

This is the only part of your post that bothers me but at least we can agree on Chris' bosses being poo poo all the way through.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I didn't realize it was possible to lose the Humvee sequence because the game said so until I tried not boosting at all and, considering the parking lot is the only chance for a game over to be reasonable, it's less terrible than Jake's snowmobile sequence.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Veteran might be what you want. Decent challenge with enough ammo to get by but not too much to where the game gets too easy.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
But zombies were always kind of a joke. Even in RE1, you could just duck and weave so that you could save your ammo for poo poo that mattered.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

TerryLennox posted:

Please tell me the other campaigns aren't as full of bullshit as Chris'.

Leon's has a bunch of slow parts and his final fights are something else all right. There's no driving, either, as far as I remember. His campaign is a good palette cleanser for you since you're coming off of Chris'.

Jake's is, to me, the best thing ever and completely redeemed everything that was ever wrong with the game in the final section. Yeah, there's a driving section, but it's like three minutes and under and it's not even that hard until the last 20 seconds. On the other hand, you can punch the gently caress out of everyone provided that you get good at dodging and recovering stamina quickly.

I hate Ada's with a burning passion, but there's no driving at all with that too, I think.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Ada's campaign has a couple of quick hooks that can trip you up and immediately kill you (QTEs and situations where you need to move fast or die). Her crossbow is bad beyond pipe bombs and quickshots and her Box 10 is pretty bad as well. That's not to say one can't run into these kind of things (or at least feel like they are) in the other three but, compared to the rest of the game, Ada's campaign blows an rear end.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Aces High posted:

I also still haven't been given my pre-order soundtrack or artbook, what the hell Steam :(

Check your local files. They should be there.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You can still pause the game, it just has to be in offline mode IIRC.

Yeah, it was offline mode only.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Son Ryo posted:

How the hell DO you do that, anyway? I've never seen anything like it any time I've played through that fight as either Jake or Sherry.

When he's charging at you, you have to counter that poo poo at the very last second.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I remember reading something about Jill's actress studying the character's movement to fit the role better, so there's that. It was a long time ago, though, and possibly bullshit.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I can't imagine being able to tolerate RE6 solo for longer than half an hour, god drat.

Having a god who can't shoot worth a drat for a partner is pretty fun.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You actually can save people in the church if you kill the monster fast enough. There's even an achievement to save two female survivors.

Only those two, though. I tried doing it as fast as possible with all the stupid-good guns on Easy, and it still pans out with only those two living.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Beat the various campaigns.

Wait, don't you only get those three from beating the game to begin with?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

So, I'd like to get the bonus costumes from RE.Net, and I've linked my Steam account to my account there, but when I try to transmit data from RE6, it just says that RE.Net failed to connect/was unavailable. Is this service just shut down now? I have Revelations too, but I don't feel like installing it again to try that.

Just checked and logged on RE.net. Used the two Extra Tickets and I'm going to check if it went through.

Edit: The system seems to be working still.

A Bystander fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 27, 2014

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Vakal posted:

It could have used more unlockable super-weapons though.

And let you use the alternate costumes during the campaigns, but at least Mercs was good fun.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Jake is Wesker's son and Sherry's been through some poo poo back at Raccoon City. Chris got buff as hell just to fight Wesker and I guess this is him after that peak since his muscles aren't as crazy.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
RE6 is a good game to me because it was an entertaining experience and there were only like two sections I did not like. The rest was fine to great.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Personally, I found Ada's route to be the most annoying when I first played it. I would say that Chris's last fight isn't poo poo, it's more the part before and after it. The forced walking in Leon's isn't too long and is at the beginning but that's still something that shouldn't have been there; the rest is whatever. Jake's route is the best because the final fight makes up for the rest of the game's stupid bullshit.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Worst RE death is falling into the meat grinder in RE6. :barf:

That was the one where the partner just stood right there and could stop it but the game went, "No," right?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

It really blew my mind when I found out a few years after Dark Souls 1 came out that I was just mashing the wrong buttons and you actually can escape grabs early.

Wait what

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Am I going crazy or doesn't at least Raid in Rev2 have online co-op as an option? I don't have it installed on my PS4 atm and I'm not going to bring it back just to check, but I thought the blue door in the waiting room was for online matchmaking.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
You're all going to look real silly when he pulls an important item out of his hair during a critical moment in the plot

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
If the QTEs are out, I would be in support of them since they're the most annoying part of the game for me

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The inventory tetris is not very interesting and the movement is a pain to work with even now that I'm used to it. If I want to kick a guy and there's an item that's too close, the item takes priority which fucks with the flow no matter how you approach it. One-hit kills suck. The QTEs destroy my lovely hands. There you go, a few ways to improve it.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The hair is good and Carlos is cute. But ze game... It's alright...

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The mashing QTEs are bad and a major detriment to my enjoyment of the hit video game, Resident Evil 4, and it would be better if they did not exist. The other ones can stay, but there should also be an option to turn them off.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i dunno if sherry's stun rod does less damage than jake's fist of doom, but it sure feels like it.

Stun rod's more useful at breaking those crusty pods before something terrible pops out of them. Takes like two or three fully charged swings, but it's nice and no ammo gets spent.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The game, is good.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Barry should get to do more awesome as hell things, imo

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Favorite thing about Leon is that any vehicle he's been in cannot catch a loving break. I think the jetski in 4 is the only thing to avoid the Kennedy Curse.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
There were headshots in the old games. I think pistols were body shots only (but it's been a while), while you could let them get close and aim a shotgun up for a decapitation.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

man nurse posted:

Generally I feel they inject themselves as a last resort, like Irving. And they have the misguided sense that it’s an evolution tantamount to godhood. poo poo like that.

Also didn’t Piers get a big rear end mutant arm and then transform back? Or am I imagining that last part? Either way, he kinda fulfills the criteria.

His arm was still hosed up until the end.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
People come here to talk about other games in the series and the game itself isn't even out yet lmao get the gently caress outta here with that

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The doors saw that and did not want to risk suffering Leon's wrath or another one of his one-liners, so that's why it opened.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
5 is pretty whatever and I don't care for it enough to go back to a replay to see if my opinion on it will change

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I learned how to do the silly wrestling moves by just testing things in co-op with my friend cuz it was fun being rude to enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

worms butthole guy posted:

Also will try Re6. Thanks all

Mercs mode is definitely worth it, if nothing else. It's still my most favorite in the series.