Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Man I really liked RE7 before the boat. Still that was a drat cool time overall. Tried the Not A Hero DLC and didn't care for it.

I am stuck on I think it's mission 19 Raid Mode in Revelations. It's two waves of difficult enemies and then the jerk with the red chest. I either run out of bullets or just get slaughtered.

I also started RE6 Mercenaries and it's very fun. I really enjoy the actual mechanics. Shame about the main game.

I think I am finally gonna go through RE0 very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I wish they'd take Blood Curse and insert the original story and characters into it. Playing the OG is a loving chore and the story and characters in Blood Curse...

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
gently caress I am pumped for the free DLC in a few days.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Gonna replay TEW 2 and RE3 thanks to this thread.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Going through RE3 now and while the alleyway nature of the game is bland it makes sense considering the technology limitations of the time. The streets of Raccoon Ciry are more detailed than Silent Hill's.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
What's the consensus on Evil Within 2's first person mode?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=QlU76wEc33k

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I knew Barry's voice in Revelations 2 sounded really familiar but I couldn't place it. Just figured out it's the announcer from the Crackdown games. Also I am enjoying this a lot more than I did on my first attempt.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Just beat RE4. Wasn't hot on the castle. Is the unlocked content worth doing?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Dead By Deadlight is incredibly popular on PC. We're talking like 40,000 daily users. Deceit is ok for a f2p title but it needs more meat on its bones.

Shame this game doesn't look that hot. I really wish Operation Racoon City was good.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Gonna buy Operation Raccoon City on this STEAM sale :barf:

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Policenaut posted:

My favorite method devs have done to simultaneously update old survivor horror mechanics while managing to keep things tense and scary is SIREN: Blood Curse's work on gun aiming.

Anyone who's not trained in firearm use gets a third person aiming perspective but they don't get any fine aiming mechanics, so they're aiming typically at center mass but it's possible for them to get a headshot on their own. So there's a distinct trade-off in trying to plink charging Shibito in from a distance or letting them get in close and hoping your shots land better. Characters who ARE trained in firearms use a 1st person aiming mode instead, but it's more tunnel vision because they're aiming down a sight and in doing so are more blinded to their surroundings so if someone shows up from the side while they're waiting for their focus to get that perfect shot then they're in trouble. Both methods have their own perks and you have to learn to play with both.

I wish Blood Curse didn't change the characters/story of the original. The original atmosphere/story with the gameplay of Blood Curse would've been amazing.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Cracking up at this mansion in RE0. This leech dude SUCKS. Enjoying the game more than I expected however. I remember disliking it at release.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I've only played a few matches so far but Resistance seems way too team oriented for pubby play, like Bleeding Edge.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The mastermind in RE Resistence mentions Dr. Wesker. So far this is really fun.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

ImpAtom posted:

It's Alex Wesker, not Albert. She's one of the anounced Masterminds.

ohhhhhhh

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Needed another action game after Re3r. Dino Crisis 2 is that balm.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

veni veni veni posted:

:lol: that is some of the pettiest poo poo I have ever heard. I'd love to see those guys try to play a Battle Royale game as your friends hoover the loot you just thought you were about to grab.

is this directed at me

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The combat in Silent Hill Homecoming is absolute poop from a butt. At least Downpour didn't have Pyramid Head. I don't think I can get through this.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
drat RE2 was a masterpiece. Now onto Deadly Silence.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Operation Racoon City is loving tedious. I beat the first level and never go on. This is like the third attempted playthrough.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I like that his story tied into that Wii shooter he was in.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
RE5 mercs still hasn't been topped.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I vastly prefer the OG story and characters to these remakes. I can't believe how bland Salazar and Saddler turned out. I did prefer RE3R Carlos tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Didn't Wesker brutally murder a scientist lady that rejected him in those novels?