Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I just got Village after years of not playing Resident Evil games and just finished Castle Dimitrescu. This game is incredible. My thoughts so far:

Ethan is far more polite than me. After the prayer, I would have asked, "So what religion are you guys?"

From what I can tell of Romanian, Dimitrescu is pronounced "dim-ee-tresk-oo", not "dom-ee-tresk". The latter way does sound cool, though.

When Lady Dimitrescu is chasing you through the halls, she ignores pistol bullets. A shot to the head with a sniper or shotgun will stagger her briefly: she has an animation where she frowns and adjusts her hat, which is incredibly badass.

She has a kill animation where she cuts your head off, and you see your POV flying though the air, then land, while you see your body crumple to the ground with blood spurting out the neckhole.

Ethan briefly losing his right hand with no warning made me crack up.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jun 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Medullah posted:

Have you played 7? Sounds like its right up your alley

I played it on release and loved it. That's why Ethan temporarily losing his right hand in Castle Dimitrescu cracked me up.

Capcom had remarkable restraint not to have him moan "Not again!"