Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
When is the game going to be pre-loadable? Was hoping to download it tonight to play tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

ZeeBoi posted:

On PS5 you can preload right now. i assume it's the same for Xbox.

I have it on Steam, unfortunately.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Anyone else's Steam download incredibly slow or just me?

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

You just have to survive for 3-4 minutes. The archers/Urias spawning mark the first/second minute respectively, along with Ethan's exclamations. After ~4 minutes have passed you'll be grabbed/shot by an arrow and the event will end.

You also have to be "grabbable" or the event will continue on forever. Can't be on a ladder or somewhere where the lycans can't get to you. An easy way to do this is just outside of the house where a lycan attacks you there is a blue(iirc) gate leading to a side path. Running through this door and crouching while pressing your body against it to stop the lycans opening it after you means you can just do this for a few minutes before letting them through and the cutscene will immediately trigger. Doing it too early will get you eaten but there's no penalty for waiting an extra minute.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Capcom if you're reading this, please don't listen to these idiots.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Phobophilia posted:

An interesting piece of news, especially for such a classic game:

https://www.polygon.com/22519568/resident-evil-4-copyright-infringement-lawsuit-capcom

My initial thought was some crank who claims someone stole their story, but no, this is a professional photographer and designer and some overworked Capcom employees/managers did a naughty and didn't license her work properly. And what she's asking for isn't that high.

This will probably be quietly settled.

The propellor head guy from that dutch director was a bit of a stretch but this is a slam dunk case for that photographer based on the evidence. Good for her.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

1redflag posted:

After playing through RE7 a month ago, I got bitten by the bug and bought RE8 on release day and immediately beat it twice. I enjoyed them so much I bought RE2make on sale two weeks ago. It was so good, I just played through all four scenarios on RE2make back to back over the course of ~2 weeks and then did an s-run in 2:45 on Leon A for the infinite ammo samurai edge. This caused me to buy RE3make last week, which I plan on starting in the next few days. God drat Capcom is on fire for the last few years.

Nobody tell them.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
The Netflix show was so boring and stupid all the way up until episode 7 and then it rolled right over into so bad and stupid that it's good territory in a single 5 minute scene. I fell asleep before the end of episode 8 so I don't know if they do anything good with the end, but if they had just leaned into the campy poo poo sooner it would have been so much better.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I see that Re:Verse was finally released last month. Is the fact that I completely missed any news about this indicative of it being extremely bad? I know people were down on it in the beta.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

i vomit kittens posted:

Tried speeding through the first few chapters on Professional to see how difficult going for S+ would be. It becomes miserable once you pick up Ashley; running so much really exacerbates how much she tends to stand in place and dawdle. Also, the first time I did manage to beat the cabin after trying to guide her there a dozen times, something happened and my chapter time didn't reset; it said I took an hour and thirty minutes, so I ended up retrying until I succeeded again and got 15 minutes. I think there may be some issue with hitting either "Continue" or "Load Game" from the game over screen that causes it to not reset your chapter time even if you haven't saved since the chapter started. So, if you're going for S+, be careful about loading from the game over screen. If you don't get to pause and reload before you die, seems like you're safer exiting back to the main menu and loading from there.

Yeah that's exactly it. Hitting Continue doesn't send your in game time back to where you are continuing from so you are just racking up time penalties every time you use it. I think loading your game from the game over screen is okay, or you can go back to the main menu and restart from there. Not sure why it's like this but good to know when going for S+.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
The bosses in this game are kinda funny. Like other people mentioned, the dog in the gigante fight will heal the gigante if you did enough damage to him, OR it will damage him. Basically the dog cutscene brings him to 10k hp (on professional) or thereabouts, regardless of what his HP was before the cutscene.

The other one is Del Lago, if you don't kill him before he charges the boat after he submerges, he heals to about 90% HP. I didn't do enough testing to see if this threshold is lowered with subsequent submerges but I would imagine it is. Don't miss those harpoons.

There may be other things like this but I haven't seen or discovered them.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

FrickenMoron posted:

Is there any way to make Del Lago faster, its probably the part of reruns i hate the most. Especially on the higher difficulties.

Nothing that speeds it up but you can lower your FPS to make the waves smaller and have an easier time hitting your shots and getting the one cycle.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Meowywitch posted:

In the cabin cant you just juke everything till you pass by whatever invisible timer ends the sequence?

Seems really risky. Easier to just kill enough to spawn pig man and then kill him asap to end it in my experience.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
All of you complaining about the slow walk carrying Ashley should check out this easy (not) way to speed that section up!

https://youtu.be/wk-D3ycJTsI

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ah, I did pick up a powerup but I thought it was just a time boost.

Green power ups are time and yellow power ups instantly fill your mayhem meter.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Devlan Mud posted:

So I finally, begrudgingly started my ng+x3 run on professional to get the sweeper, and color me surprised when del lago cutscened and died after like, 6-7 harpoon hits. I missed one of the first so no challenge complete but that was waaaay too fast. I mean I’ll take it because that’s one of the most tedious fights in the game but I really don’t understand how he died so quickly.

Are you on PS5? Speedrunners have been trying to figure out how to reproduce this particular bug for days now. The only thing we know is that it has only happened for PS5 players, and that it persists when reloading the save before del Lago.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Medullah posted:

If he gets the Gold edition he can play in 3rd person if he wants. :D

Is the third person in the main game similar to how it is in Shadows of Rose DLC? I finally got around to playing that DLC and while it was kinda cool, the 3rd person movement felt a little janky.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I thought I'd give speedrunning this game a shot and have been doing runs and practicing stuff the past little while. Got pretty good at most of the tech EXCEPT for the chapter 7 door skip. For the life of me I cannot get Leon's rear end through that stupid door to save my life. Which really sucks because the rest of the run is smooth.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
7 is an amazing game the first time. It's only crime is it's an absolute chore to replay because of a few sections and the inability to skip cutscenes.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Starsnostars posted:

I'm in the Krauser fight just after he transforms and you fall down into another room. I'm one hit away from death and I'm out of knives, Krauser attacks in a corridor in a way you can't seem to avoid and with no knife I can't parry.

My last manual save was a long time ago...

There is a way to get by him without parrying but I'm not sure if it works without a knife. If you sprint into the hallway and cut right and double tap parry as he's charging you, you squeeze by him without parrying or taking damage there.

You could also try the same thing without the double tap parry but set your FPS to 30. Enemy attacks have a much harder time hitting you at 30 FPS. Haven't tried that one, though, it may not work on Krauser.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

codo27 posted:

Still haven't picked it up and was thinking of getting it for my birthday next month. Can I get some more PC anecdotes to see how bad this crashing issue is?

On a 5600x and a 3070. No issues whatsoever, even after adding speedrunning tools/mods.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Am I blind? I can't find the steam page for Separate Ways, just a news article that it's coming out on the RE4 page.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Played the first hour or so, up until the first boss. Lot of fun so far, the grapple melee adds a bit of something to the core gameplay tickles me. Ada's voice actor is better? Ish? Than she was in the main game. Few kinda weird line deliveries that made me go ?? but overall not distracting and decent. Luis steals the show.

Will definitely have to look at rebinding the grapple traversal key. Couple times I just wanted to sprint and yeeted myself into the next area instead.

A++ wish it released earlier so I could have played more before bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Medullah posted:

Man it seems like the damage in this is so much higher then the regular. I usually do Assisted first but decided to start on Standard. I'm in chapter 4 the bottle room with the knights and Jesus gently caress 2 hits kill me. I think I've used 4 yellow herbs but these guys just pack a punch.

Ada doesn't get body armor so she gets absolutely poo poo on in terms of incoming damage. The shield grapple and ranged melee definitely make up for it though.

I finished the DLC in just over 4 hours on hardcore. It was really good, the bosses were a little whatever but it was a good bit of fun. Might save the professional rerun for a little later but it's def something I can see myself coming back to.