Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Adding to limited's RE6 list:

- Double-Decker Bus: Was already dead. But then Leon used vehicular necromancy to revive it, and let Sherry kill it again.
- U.S. Navy Nuclear Submarine: Used as a lure to bring Ada into the plot. Sunk by Ada.
- BSAA Transport Helicopter x2 in Edonia: Wrecked via Ustanak trying to kill Jake and Sherry.
- Snowmobile x2: Used by Jake and Sherry to outrun a GODDAMN AVALANCHE. Eventually destroyed because Mother Nature don't gently caress around.
- Cave Drill Machine: An attempt by Jake and Sherry to kill Ustanak. Fried the engine in doing so, but not Ustanak.
- Neo-Umbrella Tank: Killed in self-defense by Jake and Sherry while escaping Neo-Umbrella lab. Seriously, where did that tank come from?
- Motorcycle: Jake and Sherry's method of escape from Neo-Umbrella lab. Crashed because plot said so.
- River Boat: Jake and Sherry method of getting to Koocheng. Destroyed via killing a J'avo and getting ground by a large propeller.
- Random Jeep With a Rear-Mounted Gun: Crashed by Piers and Chris whilst chasing Carla by going all Dukes of Hazard onto an aircraft carrier.
- Red Sports Car: Carla's car. Heavily damaged by Chris and Piers chasing her and by also going Dukes of Hazard onto an aircraft carrier.
- Harrier Jet: Used by Chris and Piers to get to the Neo-Umbrella oil rig. Mostly likely destroyed when oil rig collapsed.
- Ada's Helicopter: Survived Ada attacking Simmons, presumably survived Leon escaping China.

So yeah, Leon's got 2 vehicles that survived his touch in his entire lifespan, but every other vehicle he touched got destroyed in RE6. Chris has two vehicles destroyed because of him in RE6 (Leon was nowhere nearby), while Jake and Sherry got about 8 vehicles destroyed between them (one was because Leon was nearby).

Also, didn't the Harrier that Chris and Claire used to escape Antarctica survive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Aces High posted:

Really? Man I used to know everything about Resident Evil so this slipping under my radar, drat. Well in any case considering that they brought Sherry back for RE6 I sit here thinking they need to have a S.T.A.R.S. reunion or something. We know Jill and Chris went to the BSAA and Barry went to Canada but maybe it's just wishful thinking.

After The Last of Us we know that grizzled men in their 50s are amazingly competent killers so it's time to bring back Barry
Barry's with the BSAA as well. We were going to have him be Chris' partner for RE5 before all the controversy regarding the game being set in NotAfrica hit the fan and resulted in Sheva.

I almost want the next to be set in the 2030s or 2040s. Mostly so we can have a 70-80 something Barry kicking rear end.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Barudak posted:

"I've got muscles, hate people named Wesker, and love getting helicopter pilots killed"
-Chris Redfield
Don't forget the "explode into a fanatical rage over a single person dying in a business with probably a high fatality rate because I shared a moment with them" part.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Lotish posted:

Really RE5 was the end of Chris's arc and he should have just been retired at that point.
Honestly, this is one of my biggest complaints about RE6. Leon, Ada and Chris feel so out of place and tacked on because they're established characters in the franchise. Let the older characters move on, Capcom. You've proven that Jake and Sherry can handle things. Now retire the older cast members and bring in new faces.

Also, having to manually enable the Pause function was aggravating.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Geight posted:

Playing through Chris's campaign it kind of felt like he would agree with you. :v: I'm not sure what role he plays in Revelations cause I haven't sat down to play through that yet, or when it's set exactly (between 5 and 6?), but I would definitely like to see the next game feature Chris in an advisory role.

I really hope they don't do a big videogame reboot because I feel like those do a disservice to the series and are also usually bad games.
Revelations takes place before 5 (roughly around the time of Leon's Excellent Adventure in Not!Spain), with part of the ending leading into the Lost in Nightmares DLC from 5, IIRC.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Orgia Carnaval posted:

It does do that, unfortunately it's with really bad boss fights. I'd honestly say just about every final boss is enjoyable enough in their own ways to make up for the earlier boss fights in every scenario.
If you're playing as Chris, Leon, Jake or Ada...then yeah, I can see your point.

But if you're playing as their partners? It's not enjoyable. (Spoiled in case Fingerless Gloves hasn't done the other campaigns yet) Sherry is reduced to a cheerleader role/box flinger (although she and Jake ultimately finish off Ustanak together...but after the final boss battle), Helena and Agent are reduced to nothing more than piddly sniper cover, and Piers is limited in his actions because of his C-Virus mutation. And all four of them are forced to rely on the AI (or your co-op player, if you're lucky) to get the job done. That is not fun, especially in Piers' case because you have to wait for the final boss to be in a state where you can pull off a hyper-sensitive QTE. A hyper-sensitive QTE that, if you botch it, means you have to wait AGAIN for the AI to whittle down Haos to the same point where the QTE triggers.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

And there's also the portable satellite laser you can also unlock in 5, which Chris uses as his Level 3 hyper combo in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rookersh posted:

So does Chris mention the Mansion incident to Jake at all during RE6? I just got through 5, and it's all that's left. Outside of CV:X, none of the other games have mentioned what happened at the Mansion.

So far it seems like if you want to do a "canon" playthrough as a newcomer, it'd be best to do RE1 Remake - Jill, RE 2 Claire A/Leon B, skip 3/CV:X/Zero, RE4, Rev, 5, 6.
No. All Chris mentions to Jake is the ending of RE5 over the volcano .

Mr. Redfield also fails to tell Jake about that time he punched a boulder as well.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Crowetron posted:

Just rip all of Zangief's moves for Barry.
Nah, Barry needs a mix of moves. Some from Gief, some from Hugo, and a little from Alex.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

It'll be like House where they always think it's Umbrella, but it never actually is.
I don't even want to imagine what the T-Virus version of lupus looks like.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It'll actually have nothing to do with evil pharmaceutical companies or bio-weapons. It'll just be Barry Burton as a private investigator for hire solving crimes and mysteries.
I am totally down for this.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

All I ask is that Moira has mastered not just her father's Colt Python, but also mastered his "Barry Sandwich" technique.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Barudak posted:

Burton Sandwich, a sacred art passed down from parent to child only to the most pure of the Burton Bloodline which helps them unlock the true power of their heirloom weapon the Zombie Killer in their eternal fight against Count Wesker.
The best part about your post is that it is almost a perfectly plausible backstory/explanation for that move in the RE universe.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Aces High posted:

Wait, has Biohazard always had Japanese dialogue or is that a recent thing? I thought even the originals just had English dialogue with subtitles to preserve the "American authenticity". It also sort of explained to me why the english dialogue was so bad
I want to say that the Japanese dialogue in RE is a result of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, where the Capcom side had dual audio. Wesker is definitely being played by Jouji Nakata, who voiced him in MvC3.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Lunethex posted:

I'm glad they kept Barry's VA and that his weapon is pretty much the same as his RE5 Mercs Reunion Samurai Edge.
Is that really Jamieson Price? It almost sounds more like Michael McConnohie as Barry.

That said, I am looking forward to Old Man Barry bulldoze through BOWs and monsters alike with nothing more than a magnum and his beard.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Raid Mode stuff. Look at all dem character slots!
It may just be the artwork, but Barry is slowly morphing into James Lipton in that headshot portrait.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Wanderer posted:

Whoever has to sort through the data for that survey is going to be found dead in a closet with a rope around their neck.
My condolences in advance to that poor intern.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Just a heads up for those who don't want to be spoiled: artbook scans of various monsters/characters for Revelations 2 are out in the wild, and they do indeed contain big spoilers.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

It is a bit weird how they haven't tried to make a full-on Umbrella game with their A Teams, giving how fetishistic HUNK etc actually are. Scary men and women in black leather, masks and guns? Come the hell on let us be the bad guy Capcom. :saddowns:
That's why ORC tried to do. Heavy emphasis on "tried", because that concept failed miserably.

And as a result, the Neckbreaker Ballet World Tour will probably forever remain a Mercs/Raid Mode exclusive. :smith:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

Although it makes me want a Claire outfit where she's all roided up like Chris.
There probably will be a model swap mod for that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Some details about bonus episodes have popped up. One will star Moira, while the other will star Natalia. Both of these episodes have some...odd parameters, in terms of gameplay mechanics.

So yes, one of Moira's alternate outfits has an in-game justification, and it will be seen here.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Trick Question posted:

I'm betting Moira's refusal to use guns will be due to her terrifying childhood experiences with Barry using his gun to gesture at things and people.
Alternate theory: a young Moira is fooling around with Barry's magnum until it fires, and the recoil causes the gun to smack her square in the head so hard she has a concussion and her eardrums get blown out.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

Is it just me or is Moira wearing Claire's jacket in that first image?
It's just you. What you're seeing is just Moira's default outfit after about 6 months of not being washed or cleaned + a scarf, one glove, and bandages.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

blackguy32 posted:

RE6 is terrible coop at times because you can tell on some parts they just didn't give a poo poo. The biggest one I can think of is the fight with Leon where Helena is stuck in some room and Leon gets to do all the cool stuff.
All campaigns have at least one moment of this, usually during a boss fight. Leon, Ada and Jake's campaigns have boss fights where the lead (Leon, Ada and Jake) gets to do everything while the partner (Sherry, Agent and Helena) sit back and watch. The one you're thinking of is Simmons Phase 3, the next-to-last boss for Leon and Ada's final boss. At least in Agent and Helena's case, they can shoot at the boss (provided you have the ammo to spare and remember when the bullshit "Simmons is immune to all damage because it's Cutscene/Boss Monologue time" moments happen). Sherry? All she can do is launch boxes at the Ustanak and hope you timed it right to hit him.

Chris' campaign has one that's debatable, the aircraft section. Chris gets to move around and shoot at the J'Avo/Ogroman, while Piers can only shoot missiles and pray that the person playing Chris doesn't suck at piloting. Then, the situation gets flipped around; Piers gets to run around on the deck, get the emblem for that section and disarm the missile (despite the following cutscene telling the player you failed because the writers wrote themselves into a corner for the millionth time) while Chris just sits there and shoots at people, waiting on Piers.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Brick is never not hilarious though and pretty much on par if not more powerful than even the magnum :colbert:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rikimaru posted:

I stole this post from the retro gaming thread.
I have never seen the prototype of RE0. It looks rather good for the time, although Rebecca's beret looks like a big block stuck on her head (both in-game and in the menu portrait). It's quite interesting that the only real changes for the protagonists (from a cosmetic perspective) were Rebecca losing the beret and Billy's tattoo being recolored.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84jqA5p92UQ
Revelations 2 is getting a Vita port.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The co-op partners would obviously be Leon + Ada and Claire + Sherry. Sherry's gimmick would be that the longer you're around Claire, the more monsters you attract, so the optimal play is to run off/fall down a hole as often as possible, only sticking around Claire if she absolutely has to defend you and to hand over the loot you've found.
Alternately, Sherry takes notes from Natalia and becomes a master of brick throwing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Cool as Wesker mode is, I'd have preferred it if his partner was William Birkin and the objective of the mode is to find popcorn and booze for watching Rebecca and Billy get owned by anime leech dead man through security footage night.
:agreed:

Alternatively, we get Wesker and Birkin playing through RE0 so Marcus could, you know, actually fight the people he was mad and not two random strangers who stumbled onto his revenge plot featuring weird opera-powered leeches.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

I can only picture this as a rock-opera about picking locks.

Seriously though if one of the songs is "The master of unlocking" I'd watch it.
It's set between 5 and 6, so the actual grand musical number will be about punching boulders.

I was not expecting Billy to get a Cody Travers costume.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Some new RE0 remaster screenshots for Wesker Mode. Also, it seems Rebecca is getting a couple more alternate outfits.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/150/1150556/

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

man nurse posted:

Leon shoots the zombie president.
Adam Benford is probably one of the biggest letdowns from RE6. The files say he's the government official who got Leon his job with the DSO, but all we get out of him in-game is Leon killing him after turning and a flashback scene trying to show why Leon cares about him. Seriously, without Benford, Leon would be in...whatever the government was going to put him in after Raccoon City. Oh, and stuff like Leon and Ashley's Excellent Adventure never happens.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

gtrmp posted:

Also, the canonical recap of the series in Wesker's Report has Leon as the one who finishes off both Birkin and Mr. X, and the B route character is the one who does that.

And Ada showing up to toss you the rocket launcher in the final fight with X fits better in Leon B than it does in Claire B - is there any other point in the entire series where Claire and Ada interact?
As far as I can recall, Ada and Claire have never met in person. I assume Claire sort of knows about Ada through Leon talking about her off-screen, but that's probably the extent of Claire's knowledge of Ada.

Unless we get some future game where they finally meet, I doubt Claire and Ada will ever properly cross paths.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

If the over-the-clothes bandaging gets removed, I will be very upset.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Aces High posted:

I liked how in Darkside Chronicles when he gets shot Ada stays with him, takes the bullet out of his chest but still just puts a bandage on his clothes.

I want them tripling down on that in REmake 2
Leon's police-issued bulletproof vest gets replaced with a vest made entirely of bandages in REmake 2.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Lunethex posted:

Ok you should watch Damnation because at least Leon is being more badass than he was in Degeneration.

Actually watching Degeneration would KIND OF SORT OF help with Rev2.

I think Leon's actually starring in the next animated film coming up too.
I thought it was Rebecca that's in the next CGI film, not Leon. Or will it be both?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Vakal posted:

Too bad Claire doesn't do a drat thing in the movie besides getting stabbed through the leg with a huge shard of glass.
Which she got by surviving a giant explosion that collapsed half of the building she was in and missed killing Claire by inches.

The Redfields are a tough pair of siblings.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

blackguy32 posted:

It's there. I thinks it's shortly after you escape from prison as Jake and before you run from a tank.

But I disagree, because it all sounds cool on paper but it's loving poo poo in game.

Like the t-rex is cool, until you realize that you fight the loving thing like 3 different times.
It's not even that. Leon's final boss is essentially 4 phases spread out over one and quarter chapters, with most of chapter 5 being "the player moves from boss arena to boss arena with tiny interludes in-between". Like, this is how it goes:

Phase 1: Centaur/panther thingie that shoots its bones on a subway train. Beating this phase ends the chapter.
Phase 2: Giant mutant T-Rex form, guest starring Ada. Which is preceded by a long walk to the intro level and then going through the intro level's set pieces all over again.
Phase 3: Centaur form round 2, but now includes a stabbing spike tail. Preceded by another walk to the boss arena. Doubles as Ada's final boss because Capcom had what should have been her final boss taken care of in chapter 4 of her campaign. Whoops.
Phase 4: Giant mutant fly form that absorbs zombie corpses to stay alive. Preceded by yet another walk to the boss arena. Also has a boss killing option that can bug out randomly.

In contrast, Jake and Chris have actual levels to play through and do stuff, then are followed by their respective final boss fights. Even if Chris' final boss sucks balls thanks to rapid QTEs and collision detection.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

rev2 is the story of claire redfield who is so incredibly over all this bioterror nonsense and barry allen, whose dad jokes are more powerful than any rocket launcher.

oh, or satellite laser.
So when does Flashpoint happen?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Fil5000 posted:

It's 100% death with Leon, 50/50 for all other Resi characters. Helicopters in particular are just hosed.
I look forward to seeing how Resident Evil 7 will sneak in a helicopter crash.

The Dark Id posted:

Carlos dies in zero endings. He's just cast into the secondary character Phantom Zone with Rebecca, Billy, possibly Nicholai, Steve's corpse, Ashley, Sheva, Josh, and all the spin-off games' casts. I'm sure Helena and Jake from RE6 will be setting up shop there too.
Rebecca is a weird case. Sometimes, Capcom does remember she exists and we get things like RE0 HD, those crazy novels from the 90s, or that stage play set in Australia co-starring Chris and Piers. Then, there are times when it's like Capcom only believes they made about 6 characters total for the entirety of the franchise and Rebecca (and all those you mentioned) gets the "Who?" treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

To echo Policenaut's earlier comment, Mr. Redfield, what the gently caress is wrong with your face?