Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013
"You should have worn your thermal underwear." is great at capturing just how silly Revelations is sometimes- Chris says it so matter-of-factly, it enhances the effect even more. I wonder if that silliness is something they actively strive for and require now, or is it just accidental and a quirk of the writers- because to me it seemed that RE5 played it completely straight when it came to the plot and characters (Complete global saturation and boulder punching excluded of course) while RE4 was one goofy scene and line after the other.

Also, those Gifs- they're awesome. I laughed way harder than I probably should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013
I don't know about gay fanbase but all the RE guys have a massive female following too- so I see nothing wrong in providing fanservice for them too. To me Sailor Chris is the equivalent to Fairytale Sheva, Clubbing Sheva, Tribal Sheva, Battlesuit Jill, Sherry's schoolgirl uniform (which also looks like a sailor outfit), Helelna's cop outfit... The fancervice outfits for the girls greatly outnumber the ones for the guys. I really don't see what the fuss is all about.
And for every person heavily invested in Chris flexing on dongs there are two invested in Jill/Sherry/Rebecca/random female RE character flexing on dongs.:colbert:

Sorry if this came out confrontational, I'm not preaching or accusing anyone- everyone has the right to like or be annoyed by whatever they want. Until someone crosses the line and messes with Leon's hair- then worlds will burn!:black101:

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013
I hated how all you can do as Sherry is drop crates on the Ustanak or be Jake's loving cheerleader. :colbert:

There seems to be a trend of the final boss completely ignoring the supporting character of the duo. Wesker barely acknowledged Sheve outside of kicking her rear end a bit in cutscenes and only ever said "drat you!" to her at one point in the volcano. That's it- nothing else. Helena gets to snipe at Simmons from a window while he's too busy fighting Ada and Leon, and Sherry gets front row seat to Jake vs Ustanak. Maybe it's because I've played as Sheva, Helena and Sherry the first time I've played both RE5 and RE6, but I find it really annoying. If Capcom's dead set on making Resident Evil a co-op experience they should design their final bosses accordingly dammit. :colbert:

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013
You can skip cutscenes. Most cutscenes do not allow you to skip them in the first 2-3 seconds probably because the next part of the level is still being loaded. Most games do that I thought it was a common thing. Also if you choose to play offline you can pause the game with the pause button on the keyboard. If you chose to play it online- you can't pause but you kinda did that to yourself.

On topic- am I going completely nuts or does the final boss of Chris's campaign in RE6 use some of the sounds from the El Gigante(forget his name in the game- the big dude in the turret section) fight from RE5?

EDIT: RE5 Ndesu fight -the growl/scream at 0:05 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XWIz1nz6Y0Y&t=5

RE6 HAOS boss fight- it's the scream at the 1:53 mark - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=coHIujftA7E&t=113

UnsuitableWasp fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 8, 2013

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013
Resident Evil 6 becomes exponentially more fun once you realize guns are only there so you can set up people for melee and punch them to death. If you haven't given up on the game I suggest taking a look at Lunethex's Let's Play- at least for the chapters you've passed. There are a lot of small things about the gameplay that the game never bothers to explain and yet they make it so much better once you know about them.

UnsuitableWasp fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 12, 2013

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013
Former Capcom marketing boss Michael Pattison spoke about RE6, Revelations and the direction of the next Resident Evil title. The link is below but I did not get a clear idea if the person is still a Capcom employee and someone who makes decisions about the RE franchise, or a former employee. Either way, it's nothing we haven't heard before, but hey it's news!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capcom-resident-evil-6-felt-bloated-resident-evil-7-will-return-to-survival-horror-roots/0120229

Key quotes:

quote:

With Resident Evil 6 specifically, we probably put too much content in there, there were comments from consumers that said it felt bloated. The Leon missions went down very well, and because we did Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, there was a cry out for us to focus our attention on survival horror, rather than be too many things to all people. You’ll find where we go next will likely be more targeted at our core fanbase.

I hope they don't make the controls tankier in order to build tension.:ohdear: But then again I really love RE6's combat system so I'm biased.

quote:

A lot is said about the saturation of this zombie, post-apocalyptic survival horror. But it is still alive and well. The Last of Us shows a good direction of what the consumers want. Tomb Raider as well, we spoke to R&D and they looked at that and they enjoyed that experience.

Okay, the The Last of Us comparison - I get that- it has an inventory management system, infected enemies, human enemies and scarce supplies that can force you to use melee and bricks instead of just running and gunning. But Tomb Raider? I still haven't finished it but it's a straight up action game where you shoot people or hit them with a climbing axe in the face. That does not sound very "survival horror"-ish to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013
So, this is the end of the suplex era for RE I guess. I'm going to miss all the crazy wrestiing moves and bingo jokes. We all PT now.

I know I know I shouldn't judge before I've seen more info, but the first person view is a pretty big indicator that we won't be getting any crazy melee options.