Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Hello, thread. A relatively new fan here, and I have a question about Village. I've been avoiding most info since I want to go in blind, and with VII being my favorite in the series I'm not worried about gameplay. I am, however, worried about side content. Do we know anything about the game having it in general? VII was absolutely incredible in terms of value, but Remakes and the constant desire of Capcom to add multiplayer modes worry me quite a bit. Doesn't help that the game costs the same across all platforms, which is a fuckton here in Russia.
That said, the demo was amazing! Loved the RE4 callbacks. I'm not the biggest RE4 fan, mainly due to some dated things, but the economy and collectathon aspect loving rule and I'm glad they brought them back. Hoping this game's going to be as funny as 4 or VII. The latter in particular was absolutely hilarious and I loved it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Now that I'm replaying the game the third time, I'm really bummed out about the lack of DLC.
VII was like Kirby Super Star of Resident Evils, and it's a shame we just got Mercenaries here, and it's only 4 levels with variations.
Of course, there's no guarantee they won't add stuff later, but gaming has season passes nowadays, it's doubtful.

By the way, I feel like I'm either missing something or am stupid, but what's with the locked door in the circular tasting room, where Dimitrescu leaves with the wine. I usually forget about it by the time I clean up the castle, but I don't think I've ever found a way back to it or a way to open the door

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Heya thread!
How's RE4 running on PS4? I'm assuming the demo came out there, and I would check myself, but being Russian means I can't access PS4 store. I'm super excited for the game, but obviously not going to buy a hella expensive console for something I can get on older hardware.

Checking out a few streams of the game, holy hell it looks incredible. I'm not even one of the people who played it way back when, so I don't have much nostalgia for Resi 4, but the demo's feel seems incredible. Various little new touches absolutely sold me on the game, and I hope the highest difficulty in the game is gonna be just as hard as Mad Chainsaw. Was really not expecting 3 guys right away.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

confirmed cuts, dont look at this unless you're just curious:

- Separate Ways Campaign (very likely dlc later down the road)
- Assignment Ada Mode (this is merged with SW)

I'm late to RE party, but were those in the original game or added later? Kinda frustrating if they're cutting out parts that were present since day 1 back then and selling them later

Also, I've remembered that PS4 lets you create multiple accounts so I was able to try out the demo. Way, way harder than I thought. Died like 5 times in the village because I got overconfident. Had lots of fun, though.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Finally got RE4 Remake, and holy gently caress is it incredible.
I love that it's a remix of the original that doesn't completely replace the original. In fact, playing it after the original probably will enchance a lot of the surprises. I'm on chapter 5, and I loved 2-1 being pretty much a new level!

To weigh in on RE3 convo, isn't it also kinda lovely about its difficulty levels? I remember there were like 6 with later ones promising to change up the game by saying "most items will be in different locations", but then it's like 2 herbs? RE games are fairly replayable but I didn't enjoy going through it again and again to see the smallest differences when I was promised much more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Fianlly beaten this game.
I loved it more than the original RE4, which has never clicked with me that much. I suppose something about its controls made some longer rooms feel like chores, which the Remake adressed. I've only felt overwhelmed by chapter 15, which seemed way too long. Also seems like it's the only place where, if you go through an inconspicuous door, you can't shoot medallions anymore. That sucks, but eh, I'll do a NG+ run anyways.

One thing that's bothering me is I wonder how many treasures don't show up on the map. I'm fairly sure I got one: a bug in chapter 4 that was chilling on a tree by the dynamite house from the end of chapter 1. Pretty sure it wasn't marked.