Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

we're still getting barry right? right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lunethex posted:

Linked image so that you all feel old.

I can't wait for the prison to be revealed as Wesker's Test Subject Funland and Steve is there.

you know this is gonna happen.

and they'll change his hair again to bieber style.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Akuma posted:

Goddamn the loot lust that Revelations is giving me is sweet. Kind of sad I wrote it off after playing the demo and only just got it. On the other hand, it only cost 6.

I wonder how a Raid Mode equivalent is going to factor into Revelations 2, with it's episodic nature.

easy, they'll just have it in the final full disc/download after the 4 weeks thing. they've said as much.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuzTlYp2X3M

huge armed RE5 chris in the house! lock up your boulders!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITGNvv6r7G8

looks pretty good! not sure why ign bothered to compare the FMV bits though but skip to 1:20ish

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

It's looking hot guys.

11 minutes of ps4 footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4a1DdMvRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyqrz6xuxN4

Comparison shots between the Wii version and the 360 version:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...mparison-images

Check out the armour room, this is more than just a simple upscale.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

holy poo poo barry! i knew capcom would come through, i just knew it!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

speaking of ports, where's my code veronica x hd pc port? i remember hearing about achievements being found in some steam database a few years ago but nothing seem to be happening. it's kinda bullshit we've got the lovely zero but no cvx.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

one of the portraits of a girl on the wall early on in the trailer looks exactly like the portrait for alessa in silent hill 1. anyone else notice that or am going nuts.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

so what's the japanese name for this, Biohazard VII: Resident Evil? i doubt its just biohazard: biohazard.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

aw man, they got this. i have faith. everything i'm seeing is just gold.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

by direct relation i'm pretty sure it means you won't play the scenario in the demo in the full game. it will be another house/small town of houses involving this family. gameplay will still be first person horror like the demo and will probably have a cameo or two and some files talking about the new H-Virus that has you seeing ghosts but hold on, they are not ghosts, just the ext form of plagas. just hope it's a new character we play as.

also lol at the complaining. same hilarious poo poo when re4 got rid of zombies.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 16, 2016

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Capcom confirmed this, the demo's just a vertical slice.

It also takes place in the RE universe's continuity, after RE6, which is unusual because RE6 ended with at least one entire city getting nuked by zombie gas. A haunted house in the bayou seems kind of trivial in light of that.

yeah true but it seemed like a small spanish village with mind controlled peasants was also trivial and unrelated to the "story" compared to a city full of undead getting nuked and whatever the gently caress went on cv.

remember when re5 had its early trailers and poo poo? looked like it was just plagas in africa for awhile then hello labs, wesker, volcanic boulders.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 16, 2016

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

It's a war crime to hate RE4.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

sorry if already posted but looks like item boxes and save rooms are back in 7. (probably a trick because we all know this survival horror game with limited weaponry set in a mansion isn't resident evil!) kinda hoping ink ribbons are back if only for the limp dick outage.

there is also a shotgun.

i think we'll get a magnum and maybe a grenade launcher but only for girls and a one shot rocket launcher during our helicopter escape as the plantation mansion explodes from a countdown.

this is apparently the music for the save room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPr6Oq2x4PQ

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

If they are really going back to roots then we deserve another badass cast intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXutugd67DA

you all wish you were this young and cool.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vakal posted:

I turned that off as soon as I seen Chris with the cigarette.

It was just too much for my delicate north american sensibilities to handle.

Apologies, have the less badass censored version with different music instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSTACbz9Cc

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

is the monster boss from jakes campaign in re6, steve from cv?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Levantine posted:

I love RE6 because it's just peak B-movie bullshit and I think that's where Resident Evil is at its best. Leon and Helena fighting her giant, mutated spider-sister in an ancient native american mega-ruin underneath some flyover state, then immediately crashing a plane into china is a high-water mark for me as well. RE7 doesn't really tickle me because it just looks like it takes itself too seriously. The final product could surprise me, so who knows.

eh, from everything we've seen so far i wouldnt say re7 takes itself too seriously. it's just the main characters now have a sense of fear. the family still look like peak resident evil b-movie shenanigans. probably no crashing planes into china but that's okay.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

game is gonna rock your socks straight off.

i bet all the monsters are back, i bet hunters and zombies and crows turn up and the gun play is worse than resident evil 1-3+survivor/cv. both the game and complaints from self proclaimed RE purists whose first game is re6, will be spectacular.

i don't care if the guns feel like poo poo so long as i can decapitate a zombie's head clean off with a shotgun and then read about how they had to remove that in specific regions for censorship.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fereydun posted:

trying to shoot crows in VR
trying to dodge crows in VR

dawg even capcom isnt that dumb but i guess you are

you'll have to duck!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Wanderer posted:

Today I found out I could buy a replica of Leon's RE6 jacket for US$119.

https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Black-F...GPE9A78CTNFHPFN

Kinda tempted, actually.

Thats the shittier version. You want the "thooo" version

looks and feels like an actual jacket and it was only 50 from amazon. I wear mine like all the loving time and randomly shout "this is just like ______ all over again!"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

holy poo poo these previews are sending my hype levels through the loving roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV3WXBe7Zyg

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Very little of this actually seems new? A lot of this just seemed like trailers and teasers we've already seen, just edited together.

Unmute it. All the info from the dude who played 5 hours has got me hyped like a motherfucker. Not been this hyped since RE2 was about to come out. Starting to dream nightly about this game now.

Still not gonna preorder it tho. I got standards.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

5 is great, i've played more 5 than 4 and 5 has the better mercs mode too.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/capcom_uk/status/805134638226305025

loving finally for that pc demo release. tho it being 2 weeks later than the one tonight seems kinda moot but oh well.

that girl is looking very fear like tho, and i hear the writer is the dude who did the original fear so.. eh i dunno. people are saying thats a zombie in the trailer but it looks more like an early transformation for those shadow things to me.

hah just had a thought, this game is a gritty reboot of maniac mansion. wonder if lucas as a pet hamster.

edit: new demo has got gun gameplay in it i mean theres a loving ign/eurogamer walkthrough of the whole thing already so whatever. i guess they got bored keeping everything a secret.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 3, 2016

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

there is a giant factory in the game's logo and the last trailer showed stuff with 3F on the walls and other lab style areas with the little girl. wouldn't be a resident evil game without a lot of location switching. i doubt we'll see any later areas in the run up. then again the last trailer show a cruise ship/oil rig, i think, right at the start but it's done in a way to make you think its the game's intro but i think it might be a later area.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I find it weird that everyones gone straight for the silent hill 2 stuff yet no ones gone for the little creepy girl from f.e.a.r oh-wait-the-same-guy-who-wrote-f.e.a.r-is-writing-re7-hmmmmmmmmm-hacky stuff.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Raxivace posted:

While we're on the topic of Silent Hill, what's the best way to check those games out? I think heard that the HD collection was bad, but that a patch fixed it?

pc versions with proper fan patches/wrappers. google silent hill pc neogaf and you should find all the info you need. just emulate the first game with widescreen patch and janky wobby fix.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

all that french info sounds good, real good. hoping that the shop trailer thing has the re4 merchant in it. (or the mullet guy, OR BOTH) also kinda hope this game still has mercs/raid mode of some kind once you beat it.

the stuff about it only being chapter 3 we've seen so far is great and makes me think we will see proper zombies and other characters after all at another location, given all that asset poo poo that got leaked awhile back (i think its in this thread somewhere, the one with the dude with a mullet and the zombie looking models. plus the fact it seems he gets the gun and shotgun and other poo poo in chapter 3 alone. maybe each chapter is a different character/enemy like re6 but, you know, not a clusterfuck. i doubt this but it would be funny if they managed to keep that secret as gently caress.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Demo is out on the 19th on steam. Midnight i think.

Playing through all the games again before release of 7, first time i'm playing zero since the cube and holy loving poo poo i forgot how bland and crappy it was. if you wanna talk about terrible piece of poo poo RE games then zero has gotta be at number 1. Not even survivor is that bad (havent played that one since release either so i might come back and edit this post)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

pc demo crashes for me after the intro video because i'm a filthy AMD user apparently. hoping they they fix it for the main release otherwise there go my january plans.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

if anyone is getting crashes like myself from the demo, wbacon (capcom dude) just confirmed the demo (and i guess the main game) is getting patched, so yay for dipshits like myself who don't want to upgrade their 6 year old cpu/motherboard/win7 just yet but still throw 8gig of ram and a r9 380 in their rigs because who doesn't love bottlenecks*

http://steamcommunity.com/app/41837...92549354995616/

quote:

Demo Patch
Hi everyone,

We've been monitoring user feedback on the forums and have noted that customers with older CPU models that lack support for SSE4.x are experiencing launch and crashing issues. (e.g., Intel Core2 series, AMD Phenom II and earlier)

While we don't have a specific ETA at this time, the Dev team is looking to address this in an upcoming patch. We'll share more info as we make progress on this front.

Thanks for your patience and please stay tuned for an update.

*this post is sarcasm. tho then again, the bottleneck isn't that bad, i can still max out witcher 3 at 60fps. so thank you for reading.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 21, 2016

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'm going to bet that Ethan is an ex-Umbrella employee and the Bakers could possibly be failed experiments getting revenge on Ethan. I say this because I just noticed something in Resident Evil 5.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Ethan_W.

The protagonist of Resident Evil 7 is called Ethan Winters. Now normally I'd call this a coincidence, but then I remember Resident Evil 5 namedropped Alex Wesker as well and Revelations 2 was centered around her.

oh poo poo. then again, didn't this spencer taking him out thing, happen in the 50's or something? re7 ethan could be his son or maybe the same dude but he took a flower turned into some kind of human looking tyrant. like the bakers. hmmmmm.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Dec 21, 2016

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

the pc demo just got datamined and got a whole lot of full game poo poo, weapons, items, other monsters, locations and even the last boss are mentioned. despite capcom saying they were delaying the pc demo to remove stuff to avoid a data mine makes me think alot of this poo poo is misdirection.

if you want to be spoiled check this out https://www.reddit.com/r/residentev...demo_data_mine/

the name of the last boss is making me think its full on misdirection. but then again, knowing this series... lastbossALBERT

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 21, 2016

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Caidin posted:

I hope it's misdirection, it would be drat weird to bring back Al without Chris around to style on. Didn't Capcom have someone say in an interview they were going to avoid leaning on the old cast?

well, there was a "leak" and some rumours about chris coming back, and also jessica but the leak got deleted from reddit and it was the typical "i work for capcom but they laid everyone off so i'm going to spoil a bunch of poo poo" type bullshit. there is a youtube video somewhere that still has it but i dunno, some of the poo poo from the leak contradicts the data mine too.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

data mine reveals what might be the first set of dlc and unlocks for finishing the game.

"Details on the first DLC for RE7, the 'four short stories' DLC (not the 2 campaign chapter DLCs). Seems to be a collection of minigame type things. No info in the data about the two later DLCs (probably as they haven't started development yet).

DLC 1-1: A puzzle-focused gameplay chapter where it seems you answer riddles and other types of puzzles. Almost seems entirely puzzle focused.

DLC 1-2: A card game? Apparently some card game you can play either in a story mode way or an endless mode with some type of reward you get. Specifics not clear, but includes mechanics like bluff, and some sort of in-game droppable based on your performance.

DLC 1-3: Wave-Based Survival Mode. seems to have multiple stages, and 10 waves for each map.

DLC 1-4: A proper miniature story chapter with you in a place with Lucas it seems. Also seems to have three endings based on something you do in this chapter."

Unlock Rewards for beating the game

-Cleared Casual
-Cleared Normal
-Cleared Casual or Normal
-Cleared Hard
-Unlocked Destroy Mr EveryWhere
-Unlocked Time Attack
-Unlocked Birthday
-Unlocked Hard
-Unlocked TU2

no idea what any of that is. probably your typical battle mode

hope the card game dlc is like gwent and you play with the molded.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwKRTO93Y2w

I enjoy leon keep on brand by pissing off chris for no real reason, he probably knows leon was in the better games.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 22, 2016

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

discovered the other week or so when i was ripping all my console games games to my 3tb hdd (show off post) that the redone hosed up soundtrack is only for the dualshock version of the directors cut, my uk pal directors cut with no dualshock support that comes with the demo of re2 has the original music even in director's cut mode. the more you know. also re1, both remake and original, are amazing. you might be 12 and/or a soulless husk if you think otherwise. i played the saturn version back in the day on release and it was mind blowing. (also while we're on show and tell, the saturn version had monsters that are not in the psx version, including 2 tyrant fights weird tic hunters and a lovely battle mode.)

anyway continuing my "replay every RE game i can before 7 hits" and i've blasted through all scenarios in resident evil 2 now, gently caress that game still owns. i did claireA and leonB which i don't usually do and i legit got stuck a few times trying to remember what to do, it's been awhile. the bit when you go back through the small hallway and the hands come smashing out of the window still, in the year 2016, made me jump half a mile. kinda worried they will gently caress the remake up big time.

should i go outbreak file1/2 next or just go straight into re3? trying to go chronological but these things all take place at the same time. also i've never played outbreak before, should i bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Plan Z posted:

The composer for the infamous dualshock version was a famous deaf composer by the name Mamoru Samuragochi who got in trouble a few years ago when he admitted that he hired people to do his work in his name starting back in about 1996.

hahaha i read about that, didn't realize it was the same dude. amazing.