Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Cardiovorax posted:

Metal Gear Rising has like five hours' worth of Codec calls alone.

your thinking of mgs4. rising beat time when i played it a few months ago was 5 hours, theres barely any codec stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
uhh okay...

the gameplay/main story section of metal gear rising is 5 hours long, as evidenced by the stats screen at the end of my first playthrough. this "who gives a poo poo how long a game is, its the fun that counts" post has gone on too long now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

heres your new resident evil film reboot cast

thats in order from left to right, claire redfield, chris redfield, jill valentine, albert wesker, leon s kennedy, and ....william berkin. i actually think mcdonaugh would have a made a cool wesker myself but what do i know.

very interested to hear in the opinions of the internet at large on the casting of jill valentine and leon, im sure they will be very welcoming and cool opinions. right? yeah, im not even gonna look.

its set in 1998 and tells the mansion incident but no word on if they've cast the rock as barry burton or not. also i guess the city stuff too? unless they are just cast for the backend of the film to lead into the sequel...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Are they gonna do 1 and 2 in the same movie if Chris and Birkin are both listed? Sounds like a bad idea.

think it might be a mix of 2/3 with flashbacks to 1. or the mansion stuff crammed into a prologue. like start the movie during the og 3's intro cards, when they come back form the mansion and lead up to the outbreak. trying to convince irons what happened with the quick flashback before poo poo goes down.

gonna be interesting if they have mr.x or nemesis in this, i cant see them having both and also berkin but who knows.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lmao he's leaking the movies now

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1313521870671548416

also lmao.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

looking forward to "crisis on infinite raccoon cities" movie.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

Finished Resident Evil 3 on Easy Mode.

Easy Mode doesn't give you a ranking, but based on time and saves, and a rough estimate of the healing I did, I'd say I averaged around a E or maybe a D. Not sure yet if I'm going to do a proper Hard Mode run or not.

I had a guide open in another window (the Versus Guide someone mentioned a page or two back) and the maps in that helped in showing where to go and where to find items. That said, now that I've finished the game, I feel like I have a better handle on the layout, and could maybe make my way around easier; I still find the early game very maze-like, but I think it's just a matter of using the in-game map to orient yourself.

I have to say that out the original three games, this one seems like the most difficult. Granted, I played in Easy Mode, but I feel like if I had been playing the same way in Hard Mode, I'd have burned through all my ammo. The biggest challenge seems to be dealing with Nemesis. I tried loading my NG+ save and fighting him in the first encounter, but I ended up dying (I think I might have downed him, but I don't know if he stays down until you leave the screen like Mr. X did.) From what I gathered, though, you want to fight him in Hard Mode, because he'll drop weapon upgrades that will be helpful later on. However, it seems like that add something like 3-4 additional boss encounters you have to deal with, which means 3-4 different places where you'd want to put down a save, and where you'd use more health items and ammo.

I was going to say that RE3 seems longer (and maybe it is by a small margin), but I feel like the game's more 'stressful' throughout then the previous two, for lack of a better word at the moment. With sections like the Guardhouse in RE1 and the Sewers in RE2, I found they were a little more lax than other areas. With RE3, though, it feels like there's never a section you get to really relax. It always feels like there's a group of enemies just around the corner, or Nemesis is on your tail. Mind you, that's not a complaint, and I think that was what the devs were shooting for.

This game also seems to have the most puzzle heavy of the three. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out the clock puzzle and the water quality puzzle. The clock puzzle was sort of annoying because even though I had the guide open, and read the solution, I couldn't seem to solve it (I think the issue was that you have to do it in the order of past/present/future). The water quality puzzle wasn't so much challenging as much as it was sort of tedious, because it's not really suited to the interface. I have to imagine that's a big time-waster if you're trying to do a speedrun.

I dunno; there's more I want to add, but I've been playing the game for the last five hours, and I'm tired. :tootzzz: That's what I've got right now.

hard isn't hard, hard is normal and you'll have tons of ammo. its totally mislabeled. uhh think we should have probably warned you of that. also theres tons of replayability due to all the randomness and different order you can do things in.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

I mean, what came after CV was REmake and REZero, neither of which was really advancing the story at all.

RE4's beginning just feels like "okay, we've stretched this Umbrella thing out as long as we can. We're reaching 80s cartoon level "I'll get you next time, Gadget" territory." And so they started a new plotline with new monsters and monster sources

yeah thats exactly what mikami did, i remember him saying back then in some mag or something that after zero and all the failed re4 attempts, he figured this poo poo was just exactly the same and stale so threw everything out, plotwise too and started again in a reboot kinda way and since then capcom have been doing tons of spinoffs/movies to try and reconnect it all back together lol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1319770359898402816?s=19

MANSION OH poo poo. We're finally gonna see some actual live action mansion poo poo and not just a hallway on the way to the hive

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

DeadButDelicious posted:

Going to ask a very esoteric question here regarding demos of the original RE2;

The US demo has been datamined to death - the one with Leon using his old portrait, and where Kendo's van isn't blocking the alley in Raccoon City so you hop a dumpster and end up outside the bus, the one that ends with Leon getting shot at by Ada in the S.T.A.R.S. office: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amPsGMJHNQc

However! There was a demo released for UK Official Playstation Magazine that looks like it was further along; Leon has his updated portrait, the Raccoon City intro is extended, the Marvin scene happens, and it all looks much further along in development. It's this one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJsjcvE2miU

So this second demo has a timer as you can see, and I exhausted my non-existant Youtube search skills to try and find a video of the demo where the timer has been stopped to see how much you can explore beyond where the demo gets up to(the player gets up to meeting Claire in the S.T.A.R.S. office and the timer runs out, fade to white, You Died screen). Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the demo or a working playstation anymore so I'm limited on options but it would be neat to see just how much there is to this demo.

its the same demo that the pc got back in the day before its release and it just ends at meeting claire iirc, cos i played the hell out of it (or maybe im misremembering now, it was 20 years ago) maybe the ps1 version goes further... but i think its just a timed demo/claire end because its just the final version after the game was already released. we also got the us demo with copies of the first run re1 directors cut too with ada in stars and all that

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 10, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Policenaut posted:

For those who are desperate for more VILLAGE, this PS5 promotional video with a tennis player has about 30 seconds of gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwJMpgj_cco&t=106s

uhhh we're getting a demo soon arent we :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i think its the old one but in vr. i dont think its the new one, since most of it is apparently from 2018 files, but maybe it changed.

Summary of the leaks:
Resident Evil Village details (Current-gen release, April launch, Demo before release)
New multiplayer Resident Evil referred to internally as Project Highway/Village Online. It's a Battle Royale of some sort.
New Ace Attorney collection for PS4 and Switch (AA1-3 and DGS1-2)
New project codenamed "GUILLOTINE" for Switch in February, other platforms in May
Unannounced project "Reiwa" in May, no platforms mentioned
Monster Hunter Rise on PC releasing October 2021(?). Demos for Switch in January and March
Monster Hunter Stories 2 on PC. Targeting June 2021 Switch/PC release. Single-player, online co-op and PvP modes. Paid DLC expansions, free post-launch co-op quests, cosmetic MTX, and amiibo support planned.
:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: Resident Evil 4 for Oculus VR :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:
New Shooter Multiplayer game titled "SHIELD" geared towards streamers
Source Code for DMC2 and Umbrella Chronicles
Stadia paid Capcom $10 million USD to put RE7 and RE8 on the platform. Sony paid $5 million USD for RE7 VR/timed DLC/demo exclusivity.

Guillotine is rumored to be the codename for resident evil revelations 3.

Highway was also resistance's code name

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 16, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Crowetron posted:

I can't keep track of which gaming websites are the most loathsome. Is ResetEra a reliable source for anything?

as far as leaks go, usually, alot of the big leakers post there, the big capcom/resident evil one has been proven right time and time again, even they ended up changing things by release. altho he quit from leaking now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

[Me in headset shouting alone in empty apartment]
"Saddler, you're small-time!"
I did not understand that, please try again.
"SADDLER, you're small-time!"
"Saddler, you're SMALL-TIME!"
"SAAADDDLLEERRR! YOOUU'RRRE! SMAAALLL! TIIIIMMME!"
[Saddler chuckles]

:hmmyes:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Spacebump posted:

I just finished Resident Evil Revelations. What's up with the bit about Chris/Jill in the ending?

the start of the re5 story, the hamlet of our time.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Policenaut posted:

The Capcom leaks continue. And they got real big real fast.

yo what. loving outbreak!? finally. also Apocalypse... is that the netflix liveaction/cgi shows? i wonder what kinda game hank/hunk is gonna be and which one of these is the switch RE game and where the gently caress is reworked revelation 3 for nintendo switch, capcom. you cant leak out rebecca and then can it.

also i told you all re4 remake was 2022! jackpot baby

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 21, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

codo27 posted:

Apocalypse. Could it be Umbrella or whoever the gently caress is eventually going to win and we're going to have a post apoc game? So disgusting how SF6 is there and then Ultra 2 years later. I mean I knew they plan this and thats the way the industry works but, to actually see it :negative:

yeah, this is some behind the curtain poo poo, you knew it was happening but you kinda hoped it wasnt

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Policenaut posted:

It's people combing through countless images like this from the leak earlier trying to translate it all.

onimusha new work :eyepop:

still waiting on the words "dino crisis" from this loving leak

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Anonymous Robot posted:

That was a typo, it’s actually “Onimusha: New York”

gently caress yeah

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

FanaticalMilk posted:

At this point, is the only modern option the Xbox Series X with back compat?

you can get the widescreen ps3 version on psnow and have it turn up as an icon in your game library on ps5 and you can also get the ps2 version for ps4 which will also show up, so you have both versions on ps5 if you so choose but not the original dreamcast version until sony add dreamcast VC to their service.

you can manually add all versions of cv and cvx to your steam library via one click .exe emulation methods so pc wins out in the end again, i guess.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 29, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Convex posted:

it's the lovely 50hz slowed down version again

hmm mmm, that nostalgia.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

there uhhh going all out with this loving movie :eyepop:

even lisa is gonna be in it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

site posted:

Lisa Trevor?

Yeah.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

so uhh that capcom leak is still leaking, theres only like 160gb of the 1tb that leaked released and archive 10 just dropped. archive 8-9 apparently has re4 remake assets in it and archive 10 35gb and is 95% re8 stuff, unfinished cutscenes, plot, assets, poo poo loads of stuff. the 5% is whatever the hell resident evil outrage is. yeah, the leak before a few pages back, the resident evil outbreak is wrong in the same way resident evil hank was. its called outrage.

also that means you need to go black out if you wanna remain unspoiled on re8 i guess, should be easy enough but uhh start ignoring all re8 videos from randos on youtube. the stuff in the archive is apparantly unfinished ending and climax stuff. im gonna be avoiding them but it sucks given how far out the game is. boss images too.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 13, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

theres a bunch of sales plan info here https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/kdgvxc/sales_strategy_offices_plan_for_resident_evil/

the main important note is that re8 will have some kind of pvp mp and the official leaked capcom sales plan report from mid 2020 says it will tie in to... resident evil revelations 3. which is what "resident evil outrage" is, and its due out fy21 and will be officially announced in september next year. no idea if its multiplat or just switch, now rise is using reengine on it. which means the other named game, resident evil apocalypse for 2023, is probably a super high chance of that being re9.

yeah i spoilered it, just in case anyone wants to hold out on surprises for game announcements.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 16, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

wondering when we will enter the bargaining stage of RE4 remake being real

oh they found remake4 assets in the files too lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

looks like re8 is next gen and pc only from a brazil classification board.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

the problem with remake2 is that it relies on wanting you to see everything they've done. that they expect the only people playing, played the original to death. removing the communication between leon and claire hosed up the story and sense of "together in this nightmare" you got from the original, you can tell they realized at the last min they hosed up with how they tacked on the b campaign on and left "notes" instead.

its a weird modern design curse imo, the fear that the player wont see everything you put into the game, so they crammed the A and B together and make you fight all the same bosses instead of making each campaign different and meaningful and figured one or two unique things would suffice.

and then the big problem with 3 is thinking they could completely make it into a new game but got lost in the structure of the newer installments and thinking re3 wasn't that well received in the day, so they could change up more plus the change in the early days of dev when they were just part of the same "raccoon city nightmare" game, the complaints about length wouldnt be nearly as big as they were plus there would have been no year worth of hyped up excitement about what they could do with it after seeing what they did in 2, and no big out of date leaks to misconstrue

also the change to make nemesis into a big dog for some reason was the dumbest thing, even tho we got bitch cant even swim outta it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

blackguy32 posted:

In any case, has there been any new info on Village?

3 new screenshots and just the non-spoilery leaked stuff from the big capcom leak. pvp multiplayer, game is out in april, demo a month before, mp game will have tie ins to rev3/outrage, that kinda thing and uhh all the cutscenes and poo poo too.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

I thought Darkside Chronicles was the more popular one?

It's got all the new stuff with Leon and Krauser's backstory.

its the better one imo with more of a budget and better version of code veronica but a lot of people dont like the immersive camera

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

april release date, demo in feb/march. MAYBE xb1/ps4 too. its go time.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Anonymous Robot posted:

Betting this is another weirdo multiplayer arena game lol

they had people playing the re8 beta through this so... maybe its outrage/rev3 or its the village mp thing, which is pvp stuff.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

please oh please be outbreak

its best to get this out in the open to heal but thanks to the ransomware leak, we know theres no current outbreak plans for at least the next 5 years. it hurts, i know. :negative:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1349751689281060864?s=19

I bet shes gonna be tyranting you round that castle. But, in a uhh sexy gonna awaken some things in you way, probably.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

site posted:

Just lol if you aren't there already

https://twitter.com/IostIegacy/status/1349796340251942912?s=19

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fanart is starting to go off

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1349867014098219008

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1350201158426648581

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1350503154329202690

.......................... i think we're getting a megaman collection/sf anniversary style of re1-3 with added extras cos... that re3 inventory looks way bigger than the original, even with with the side pack or am i remembering wrong? edit: its 14 slots, original is 10 slots max, also in the og its "file" but the gif is "files" and one item is bigger and slightly brighter. its happening.

i bet theres no AI background upscale, but what if....

only thing is, its not mentioned in the ransomware leak so it has to be a very recent thing if it gets annouced. probably just a straight port with artwork and stuff maybe.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 17, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

also new av of your new queen madam x. only works on usa accounts and doesn't seem to work across regions on ps5 either like they use to on ps3/ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:tinfoil: