Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

When I found out that their idea to make an interesting Raid Mode event was just to put all the enemies at level 120 I just loving quit. This is garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I would pay for a raid mode that rehashed the challenges from Rev1 with mechanics from Re6. Not this cookie-cutter bullshit.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Geight posted:

I just don't get that they made a full-on Resident Evil Diablo game and then didn't include the random spawns part. It's a pretty important part!

The first game had... 'ordered' spawns as part of the challenge. Every level was a puzzle to be solved using the tools you had acquired from previous ones. You could brute force them but the trinity bonus could never be acquired that way.
The second game was built on the same engine with minor graphical improvements and whoever came up with the puzzles in the first one just didn't work on this game at all, so they used the same spawning system but didn't design the levels as puzzles.
No random spawns would be fine if the levels were puzzles but they aren't so gently caress this game.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Just as an example: Killing enemies in different orders (and different player positions) would determine the next enemy spawn for the room. If I kill the rogue suicidal enemy before the slashing dude, I'll have to fight a projectile slinging enemy next before a couple of regular mobs that would have spawned closer to me.
There is not a single comparable scenario in the entirety of Rev2's Raid Mode. The spawn order is as static as the spawn positions. Enemies will spawn where you are standing if put yourself right where they should be. (that isn't to say enemies wouldn't do the same in Rev1 but there it would only happen if you knew the order of the enemies and forced the game to do things it was not intended to do)

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Up to level 25 all characters (except for Cypher) should have been receiving experience points. If that were the case getting them to higher levels wouldn't have been boring and unfun.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I wish the ideas in ORC were used in something better.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Pierce in Rev 2 increases enemy penetration and increases damage for every enemy you fire through.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Still not out on PC :(

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

So

I played it.

I would like to say, as someone who loved RE6 and wanted more action spinoffs for the series

I refunded that poo poo immediately.

For whatever reason, the game has terrible mouse support. The animations aren't canned but they do not work in networked games. No-one knows how the counter mechanic works exactly but it heavily favors low ping players. The weapons feel like absolute garbage. When there is more than one thing onscreen the action becomes totally incomprehensible.
I really wanted the game they showed in those trailers. This isn't that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Like, I am the exact person that Umbrella Corps was made for, the person that wanted Resident Evil games that proudly don't give a gently caress about where they are in the canon and are just weird amalgams of their other games' mechanics/settings/monsters with a multiplayer shootyman frame to bring it all together.

I paid $30+ to play the mercenaries versus games that were released on the iPhone as experiments to gauge interest in the dlc game modes that would eventually be totally ignored by the RE6 playerbase. I liked those! I did not regret those purchases!

Umbrella Corps is the development equivalent of a miscarriage.

Edit: To be clear, I am also the kind of person that is annoyed by games like Revelations and their plotlines having weird canon implications. It's the arcade-style games (and game modes) with devil-may-care attitudes about the rest of the series' tone that I get the most enjoyment out of, but I do have an interest in the ''''story'''' of RE as well.

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 21, 2016