Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Please,please please let them add Lucas as a Mastermind :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

As much as i like poisoning people as Alex she really is just kinda the worst mastermind, after ragechanging over to Daniel suddenly i'm on a 3 win streak while not really doing much else different :psyduck:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It seems like Nemmy will either do the full lap then pick a place to try and jump at you or he will fake you out and just kinda stop halfway between 2 and just jump. Carlos doesn't do a good job of keeping up some of the time though. He has a call out for saying he's behind you but that usually comes way to late to be helpful or just doesn't happen at all so you are suddenly smashed into the ground out of nowhere.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol @ people thinking re7 isnt resident evil as gently caress when it clearly is.

I admit it was a little nervous when i first started playing it. My fears were relieved after the fight with Jack in the garage :allears:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The Red-9 is also inferior to the Blacktail in everway. Why do you need to the stupid stock to make it worthwhile when you can just machinegun fools down with nothing but 35 bullets in the mag and lots of kicking and suplexing :colbert:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

site posted:

they say the ghost of Billy FUCKIN Cohen haunts the spencer mansion to this day...

Fixed that for you :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I would personally rather they come out with RE8 before they worry about how to handle an RE4 remake.

Or maybe a Revelations 3 please? Need old Barry Burton in a wheelchair wielding an anti-tank rifle like he's in Killer 7 or something.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

AHA! *doesn't see you run out immediatly* ....drat

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It's adorable that he has never played a videogame before it seems :allears: I thought he played every game he voice acted in? Or is that James Woods i'm thinking of?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I remember GameFAQs RE4 message boards having a drat WAR over which people prefered the Blacktail or the Red9 back when the game first came out. Oh how young we all were

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Did Wesker fight a tyrant at the end of Umbrella Chronicles? I only have 2 vague memories left of that game which are the train section of RE 0 and maybe some bonus game/last boss fight where you are playing as Wesker and the camera is flying around everywhere and it was super hard/annoying?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I found a copy of Darkside Chronicles that i didn't know i had and played it again out of curiosity.

Why is this game that's suppose to explain Leon and Krausers backstory have the remakes of RE2 and CV in them? Why is the camera so shaky in a rail shooter? I guess i can apperciate them trying to do something slightly different with a rail shooter but there is so much time where you are just sitting and WAITING as the characters move very slowly through a hallway where nothing happens until a zombie jumps out and the camera swings everywhere so you can barely hit him.

Although i will say i hope Sam Rigel comes back as Steve, it made playing the CV section more tolerable since i had to play as him and all...

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

When my brother and i played Rev2 we got the "bad" ending because Claire has to button mash way less than Moira does so Claire killed that guy way before Moira could do it. It's a good thing we looked up there even being additional endings because man is the "true" ending so much better

That last section is the only time Player 2 gets to actually shoot a gun, as they are Claire in the chopper helping Barry IIRC

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Medullah posted:

I do appreciate his "gently caress you!" to the various monsters he's fighting.

"What the gently caress? That's special" is not the reaction i would expect to seeing a lady grow into a spider and crawl away into a tunnel

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Considering the adaptive difficulty in RE4 though doesn't the damage kinda scale to different amounts anyway? I've never done a no health increasing run but you don't ever run into straight one hit kills later in the game like that right?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Kay Kessler posted:

- Abnormally tall
- White dress
- Big hat

This is totally Capcom making their own version of the Hasshaku-sama urban legend. Weird, because I remember them mentioning this would be taking inspiration form European folk tales.

Still, I've always maintained that a RE game set in Japan with monsters based on yokai or Japanese ghost stories would be pretty cool.

For all the failings of Fatal Frame 5 on the Wii-U, they have a ghost based off her in that game that looks exactly like that particular legend. I wasen't familar with her until looking up info afterwards but good god was she INCREDIBLY scary to randomly run into.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

MAN BLOOD!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I'm all about fat merchant :allears:

Edit: "In this game, we will make sure you know Blocking actually works against things. Please block this time you idiot players"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The multiplayer looked pretty fun for a laugh but honestly i think even RE3's multiplayer will probably play better than it. Outside of the "Jack vs Mr.X vs Hunk" kinds of fights that could have only existed as fanfic until now.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

PSN store is completely down right now even if the demo was actually avaiable when maybe it isn't?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Gnoman posted:

If I were designing a RE4 remake, I'd rework Ashley. Either give her some means to fight (not massively well, but enough to hold off one or two guys), or else add more treasures and such that you need her to get. That, and make her default costume include pants.

They will do what they did to Tifa in FF7R where she still has the skirt on but she some shorts on underneath. I can already see the outrage from fans of the original that don't like her new design and more than likely toned down jiggle physics.

No more Ballistics jokes either!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I like how one of the gameplay segments that was shown for RE8 was Ethan blocking something and then doing a punch counter thing. They really want you to actually block things this time don't they?

Did Joe Baker take off as a meme? If he is a successful enough meme then Capcom has to pay attention and bring him into another DLC in 8 right? I really,really want to punch some werewolves :pray:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Cardiovorax posted:

Seriously, that entire chapter was frustrating as hell. She's dead you idiot! Start shooting!

"Stop it Debra! This isn't you!" she yells at naked tentacle monster that once was her sister

I always joke to myself during that part "Stop it! This isn't you! Blonde is totally not your color!"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It's not that RE6 didn't sell well, it's just that it didn't sell well ENOUGH! Didn't they target like 7 or 8 million when they got like 3 or 4? My exact numbers might be off but it was something kinda ridiculous like that.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

People are actually got scared the most from Oven Man in RE4, Regenerators just have the weird wheezing breath so they are remembered more :colbert:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

This is reason #1 why you don’t want to get the bad ending by the way.

Which if you're playing Co-op, it's totally easy to miss that there even ARE multiple endings since if Claire button mashes hard enough Moira doesn't get to do the thing and the game goes on like normal.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

MechaSeinfeld posted:

the zombies in REmake2 are way harder to dodge than in re what the hell. did I miss something with the first G fight as Leon or is it just a ‘shoot at it until it dies’ boss

For the most part you want to just stun them and run by if they aren't absolutely necessary to kill. Shooting them in the legs works better for than headshots but at least with headshots you have the chance to take it off.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Combining this with doing the exact rhythm of repeatedly telling Ashely to Wait and Follow and you have a nice little rap to go along with the head tracking

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Crimson Hunters sounds like something they should add to another remake game though

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Half the reason the Ada campaign was any fun at all was getting to be the sneaky bitch going around in the background of somebody else's game, somebody who more than likely still didn't have Ada unlocked yet and you just got to watch how they fought a boss or whatever. Until you got to the end of Leon's campaign where you were suddenly the damsel in distress for them for a part of that fight :v:

As much as i like RE7 and probably will enjoy RE8, we will never get a sequel with Jake in the desert punching hunters will we? :sigh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Yeah the prologue is like Chapter 4 or 5 of Leons campaign so it's a flashforward.

Absolutely play this game with a friend if you can since otherwise the AI is just kinda there and in the particular case that you picked Chris instead of Piers, will actively make your life harder at the end of his campaign.

redreader posted:

I do like the melee attacks.

Remember that RE6 is a wrestling game disguised as a shooter. Melee is good and awesome. Always use it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

RE Rev2: Because Terr, doesn't have to end in Rist

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Was it good for you too?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

BisbyWorl posted:

Yuri Lowenthal was one of the first voice actors I could identify between roles.

Helps that the dude has a very distinct angry yell.

He is the Nolan North type in that he is everywhere and in everything even if he's not voicing a main character. But he's stuck in Yo/Sas uke mood voice alot of times these days. and of course it's very obvoiusly him whenever he has to raise his voice.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

I hope this is not Chris' blood.

It might be better if you, the master of unlocking things, took this lockpick.

I mean, yeah, come on. Bad acting is a staple of the whole franchise, isn't it?

BARRY!

We should report this to Wesker

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

You know i'm kinda glad i skipped out on playing Hardcore to start with considering how badly that first intro sequence went for me even on Standard.

While i'm really enjoying RE8 at the moment(just finished Bienviento House) I can see why lots of people are having problems with it in it's early game. If you go trying to play this game like RE7 then the lycan enemies will just vacuum grab your rear end and do a REmake game style zombie bite while being entirely too fast and nimble to try and go for carefully lined up headshots like you would do for Molded in 7. But on the other hand once you are past those guys and get into the castle there honestly isn't a huge amount of things to shoot the whole time you're there and THOSE enemies don't do the stupid grab moves at all (or maybe they do and i've never seen them do it?) and you will end up with such an excess supply of ammo that just spamming shots to the chest works just fine.

The ammo situation seems to work itself back out to needing to conserve again every time you go back to the village itself which perhaps is the intention. I just wish the place were actually not a nightmare to navigate. Not helping things is having to run/fight for you life the first time you're in the area so you just don't get to learn the way around very fast and having to remember which little side alleys and houses you have to duck in and out to go from section to section is just the worst.

Also also i sincerely hope the rest of the bosses are not like Lady D's daughters because i know there are 3 of them and you kinda want to get them out of the way so you can go back to only 4 main villains instead of 7 but drat do they just go down like chumps for how much build up they got in the marketing in terms of complexity because goddamn was those first few a real disappointment.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Sorry my friend! i noticed right away and fixed it but i didn't think anybody would read it so fast :ohdear:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Ethan is secretly about as cool and badass as Leon or Chris. The catch is he just needs to be put into immense pain before he can do the cool,badass thing and them his one liner after it’s done won’t be very good. Or he will just act non pluses or confused/annoyed at what just happened.

The dude is like Majin Buu, you have to destroy every last cell to be truly rid of him.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 8, 2021

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Do we know what happened with Jill post Revelations 1? I wanna say there was possibly a bottlecap file or something in RE6 of what she's been doing but i honestly don't even remember.

Since RE8 is in 2021 all of the protags are starting to hit the late 40s maybe early 50s right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Yeah the concept art talks about Heisenberg being Frankenstein when the dude is dressed more like Van Helsing.