Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The universal application of DMX to Mr. X is my favorite part of REmake2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Cardiovorax posted:

It's only funnier because that wouldn't even actually help. Cockroaches are susceptible to the T-virus. Guess what bug is notoriously capable of surviving thermonuclear war even without getting hopped up on magic viruses?

Mythbusters is incredibly disappointed in you.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Good soup! posted:

the extensive lore is entirely optional, I'm replaying it right now and you can effectively ignore all of if you want to

I mean..."rest of the game" being what two? three times more? for a grand total of a few minutes?

unskippable cutscenes are bad, yeah, but Doom 2016 aint the best example of it, imo

(unless :thejoke:)

Counting both Hayden at the window and Pierce in the tower you're looking at a grand total of about 45 seconds.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Sakurazuka posted:

Games can be creative and also good, being creative has merit but if it's not fun to play I'm not going to bother.

Enjoy your Madden 21.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Vikar Jerome posted:

uhh its more "life is fun and sweet because CVX IS OUR MOST SICKIST FILTH YET"

No, it's "This is life without resident evil. Our game is super hosed up, play it."

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Honestly, there's nothing quite like RE6. Weird considering how generic it feels.

It's been a very long time since I played any of RE6, but if the idea is "3rd person over the shoulder action shooter where you get to do wrestling moves to enemies" may I suggest the eternal classic Army of Two? :v:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Tomb Raider (2013) had good QTEs because they facilitated Lara doing things that the player wouldn't normally be able to trigger and made what otherwise would have been cutscenes into something more interactive. They were never a common part of gameplay and didn't come up during fights, it was all transitional stuff. The (only) good way to use them.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

site posted:

This is exactly why i say do re1 remake first. Once you get through that you'll know if you ever want to try the original series or just hop over to re2r/3r afterwards

Or just skip all of the tank controls and play RE2make, R3make, 4, and 7 if any part of Re2make grabs them. You don't actually need to appreciate where a series came from in order to enjoy it to the fullest. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

site posted:

I'm not suggesting REmake to ~ appreciate where it came from ~ I suggest it because it's legitimately a good game, but once you go to the 3rd person games it's gonna be harder to enjoy if you've never played those style of games before

This feels like a backwards way of saying it doesn't measure up to the standards of newer games and tbf that feels like a reason to skip it