Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Anyone gotten out of bounds with the RE2 demo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

I still don't know exactly what you're supposed to do before the actual "fight" part in RE5. Chris is supposed to shoot Wesker to slow him down for Sheva I think? But every time (until it doesn't happen) I went boulder punching with Chris I would turn around and Wesker would be there squirming his tentacles around and I couldn't do a thing except wait as he slowly walked toward me (or I ran toward him) and get knocked off.

as Sheva when I was running and waiting for the boulder I would just use landmines to slow him down and that seemed to work well enough

I don't remember Chris being at risk at all during that section though

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

chris having tiny arms is more of a war crime than anything Umbrella ever did

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

There's an unfinished version of the orphanage out of bounds behind the orphanage. Lots of untextured props and half done rooms, only thing that has a light source is what looks like the hall where you hide as Sherry.

Mr. Maggy fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 1, 2019

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

4th Survivor is so much harder to clear with the Single Action Army than it was just a shitload of knives

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Crabtree posted:

I guess that was just RE4 and onwards, but it felt like regular zombos at least went down with a good headshot from even the starter gun. Here, they take several to the dome, still move, get up and only when there's nothing left do they stay down. And that's just regular ones, not the super advanced poo poo like mutant animals or your Mister X.

Even though in the old original REs, it was more about aiming a gun at them instead of real directional damage.

If everything in RE4 died from a headshot, you would've never gotten the sick spinkick prompt.

I feel like this line of thinking is coming from New Game+ runs of RE4 more than anything when you have poo poo like the maxed out Striker and Red 5 and the Chicago Typewriter, because the Las Plagas infected dudes took their fair share of shots, it's just Leon's aim was steadier.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

I think they have to be coming at you at a diagonal as you're moving to the opposite direction in a diagonal or something. It's difficult to explain, and I've only ever unintentionally done it anyway so I don't think it's reliable. Or maybe it's just random as hell.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

DeadButDelicious posted:

Yo can we talk about the concept art unlockables for a moment? Namely Design Sketch C, the one you get from Genius Chemist (finish the second story lab cartridge puzzle in less than nine moves)? Spoilering the solution here in case anyone wants to go grab it because this concept art is the most interesting, in my opinion: Blue, Red, Green, Blue, Red, Green, Blue, Red, Green

What this does is unlocks some pretty baller concept art that highlights an intent for Lickers to evolve from zombies. We knew that a Licker is what happens when a zombie is hit with a fresh dose of T-Virus, but the way the zombie arm mutated into claws, it's tongue elongates, and the skin splits like a shell to reveal the Licker underneath is very cool.

There's also some cool zombies that look like those emaciated things from Nova Prospekt in Half Life 2. Oh, and some fat mutated guy in an electric wheelchair.

Man this game. So cool. So much detail.

IIRC one of the Outbreak (File 2, I think?) bosses was a naked woman who was transforming into a licker and had additional ones incubating inside her. She was in a state of transforming into a licker, one of her (unseen) legs was bent backward and inside out and she had the big rear end tongue. She also fought you bending backward so her naked zombie rear end was just always on display for some reason.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Barudak posted:

Hes also in Operation Raccoon City if I remember right, although not playable.

Hunk rules and I want to know what his post Umbrella career was.

he invented CQC except for fighting Bio-Weapons instead of people

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

MiddleOne posted:

RE5 is real bad. People are saying it's good in co-op, but that's true for almost every game with co-op since being with a friend can make almost anything good.

Hilariously, this is not true for RE6. I was playing that poo poo with the same friend I played RE5 through with and it was just a slog.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

I can't believe an RE5 defense post attacked the best thing about the game, Wesker's amazing full-fuckin ham line reads

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

yeah, I realized grenades just auto-staggered him when I was having trouble with him, so I loaded last save and just yanked out every loving frag and flash I had though "ooh I better save these for a tough encounter" and chainlocked him until the end of time

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Anonymous Robot posted:

How does this work, anyways? It seems like it has a chance to be either tear gas or flame spray?

Rebecca is a weird mercs character. It appears as if her melee does comparably very little damage, so you end up relying on her huge SMG clip and rolling the dice for a burst multi-kill off of flame spray?

Flame spray is stunned via headshot, tear gas is stunned via arm shot. Flame spray has a pretty good AoE radius and just murders everything. Tear gas does, uh, jack poo poo.

UNLESS you're partnered with Chris and... I think Jill? In which case, the arm shot stagger becomes Double Flame Spray.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

A Bystander posted:

That was the one where the partner just stood right there and could stop it but the game went, "No," right?

that was the sole enjoyable moment in that game

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Panzeh posted:

outbreak has some bad scenarios and is insanely unforgiving but yeah it can be fun at times

you just have to get used to the fact that sometimes the game is gonna make you tackle open a door in front of respawning zombies, this is much worse in file 2 where they have multiple levels where you have to do this

I had liked Outbreak, but the moment I fell in love with Outbreak is when I got to the last scenario with a full team and the David (IIRC) threw a wrench which bounced off of the Tyrant's ample hog, and then was immediately skewered

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

if they get DC Douglas back to be Wesker then it would own

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

codo27 posted:

*Sigh* must we have this exercise again? Wesker in RE5 was harder to listen to than modern...anything. Ah! Theah you ah! Wesker is suddenly from Boston

what exercise, he rules and is the best

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

ZoninSilver posted:

Had more fun with the Resistance beta than I expected, despite the limited options. Close games are sort of few and far between though, as a Mastermind either its a complete stomp stage 1 or early 2 or everything I place gets stomped without any casualties and I get nothing done, but those down to the wire games are real good. I'll probably spend more time with this than I expected, looking forward to playing a non-Daniel mastermind at this point.

Yeah, this is my experience. Either you stomp the poo poo out of them, or nothing you do even breaks their stride.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

it also takes like 15-25 minutes to get a game right now, but it is an ungodly hour, so hopefully that's better tomorrow

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

I bet I could've beat RE3 in the time I've spent in queues for REsistance

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’ve never waited longer than three minutes playing as a survivor.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Resistance is really fun but not good

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Bitch can't even swim is a 10/10 one liner delivery

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

I dunno what it is but I seem to have pretty good luck as Alex Wesker in REsistance, which is weird when everyone else says she's super weak.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Ineffiable posted:

The plant is extremely strong when put in the right spot (like trapping survivors in a small room). It also can be placed at the exits when they're trying to open and it basically blocks that and you'll probably get one or two kills because survivors can be stubborn when the exit is open.

I can see people starting to figure out and running away from Mr x and Birkin easily (plus occasionally toss a nade) so ideally you want Alex or Spencer as your mastermind.

I'm really curious to see how this shakes out once people get to rank 20+ on average.

putting traps behind a group and then dropping the plant infront has been pretty reliable for me, they trigger all the mines and get hosed up running away, while I deny them the area via the plant. Also the "get X amount of survivor coughs in one round" is exceedingly easier for her.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Man that locked door skill on Spencer adds up over time, especially if they didn't go with any of the Beef Boys to easily knock em down

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

gimmie an Ashford with the Bandersnatch

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

goddamn Valerie is just on her own a hard counter to Alex

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Martin too, at least with Alex's default deck having so many types of mines in it.

I can hit people with infected zombos and viral mines all round and then they all stand around a valerie for 2 seconds and it's all undone

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

One of the Masterminds should've just been a Shiba Inu wearing a headset

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

He's just gonna come back with no explanation, which is how it should be

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

started running into survivors with infinite throwables in REsistance so I uninstalled lol

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

if it doesn't make me hammer the poo poo out of my controller to run away from a boulder I'll buy it day one

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

4 holds up pretty well but the quicktime events are very much an artifact of the time. I'm not sure how you handle that Krauser encounter without them though.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Ashley wearing a skort is an INFRINGEMENT on my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

People keep saying this like they liked hammering the poo poo out of their controller once a cutscene to do a thing really fast

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Dropping a Mr. X down and bullrushing through an open door and clotheslining four people at once is really loving good feeling, it's just sad how much of the rest of the game is not good feeling at all.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

What if Krauser shows up

Unlikely. It's been a long time

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Bonaventure posted:

“ridiculous! Why even bother having a discussion if you’re going to engage in bad faith”

Bonaventure posted:

it’s because you suck OP

it is a mystery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Crimson Heads and self defense items alone are a pretty big departure.