Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
The TMP is both fun as hell and good as hell for every enemy in the game, from triggering melee attacks in ganados to rapid-damage-dealing to big bad enemies. It turns the early gigantes into jokes, funny funny jokes. Plus, you'll get tons of ammo for it as long as you use it reasonably carefully (save the mag-dumping for the big guys, just taps for the small-fry). A lot of people think it's bad, but they're wrong, and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They regenerate damage dealt to them unless hit with a hard hitting weapon. So basically you can’t use the basic handgun on them.

You can kill them with a non-'powerful' weapon, but it takes a lot of damage delivered quickly. The SMG will melt them down, but it takes a LOT of bullets to do it, likewise shotguns and shells, etc. The handgun may just not be able to fire fast/enough to keep up. (At least, that was the case in No Way Out.)

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Catching up on this thread the last few days (for the first time since RE:3:RE came out, there's another reference to Outbreak in Resistance (which I've watched a few youtube videos on only recently as well). The nerd girl survivor is noted as having interned for Umbrella in NEST, and it specifically notes she started getting cold feet toward Umbrella when a co-intern/worker developed amnesia due to a traumatic experiment, or something along the lines of that wording.

Which is totally referring to/referencing Yoko from Outbreak, just short of actually naming her.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Wait, I thought I heard that original Leon in 2 was modeled on Leo (I mean, it's right in the name, even).

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

ImpAtom posted:

You never know though. Silent Hill stole a bunch of stuff from Kindergarten Cop!

pft

even with all the other stuff, which I'd never noticed before, despite playing SH who knows how many times, the last one just being 'a school bus!' got me good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Umbrella has the power to do good things that could make them a lot of money, but instead they choose to do bad things that are highly unprofitable.

Their whole thing is constantly making the worst choices for the worst reasons.

Meanwhile, the French branch is just constantly scrambling, every day, to keep things from crashing down all around the entire company, while Spencer is ranting about physiognomy or something.