Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

Arthur's hat from RDR 2? Seems quite like it.

I bought the enhanced edition. Samurai's Edge or a decked out VP70? I already have the muzzle break, extended mag, and the stock. Which is objectively better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Ms Adequate posted:

Counterpoint to those speaking ill of diaries;

That was in the first RE game.

In order to knock the rust off my RE gaming skills I'm on baby mode. It says there is aim-assist, but I'm not seeing it. Not that it matters because zombies routinely can take 6+ head shots before dying which is :lol:

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Momomo posted:

There's a suggestion to use aim assist if you die multiple times in an area, at least. I didn't go looking in the options but I would assume it's there.

If it helps, you really aren't supposed to be killing the zombies, just getting past them. Shooting their legs off will force them to crawl and make them a lot easier to get around.

I find it much harder to run around zombies because now they're all zombies AI 2.0. They lunge and run at you making it tricky.

It also sucks you can perform a double BTK amputation with a shotgun, but you can't then stomp their heads in like you could in the first RE 2.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Find dog kennel and think oh great, dogs.

Am relieved when they are locked in creates and I can put them down.

Turn power on, when suddenly, dogs. Everywhere.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Why knee cap zombies if you can't stomp them? They still take a nice bite out of you if they get near you, as it's hard to shake them now. What am I missing here?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Why did the Russians seem victory? Who did they defeat, a private umbrella army?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Lol Mr x is a jerk
https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/amhtqr/caught_mr_x_being_mean_to_a_zombie/

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

There are edge variants? I got the one from the deluxe pack.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

I cannot unload weapons. When I took Matilda out to insert the extended magazine modification, the game took 15 of my last handgun around and loaded the Matilda. Now I can't get those out to use in my samurais edge so I'm reduced to carrying around two guns and wasting an inventory space.

The zombies are entirely too durable. shambling towards you and taking 3 to 4 headshots is ridiculous. pumping five shots into a leg only to have it and not drop and still bite you. Then, when you do manage to drop one with leg shots, you can't stomp on its head for an instant kill as you could in the original game. In fact I recently shot a leg five times tried to walk past but somehow that zombie had enough strength to pull its way up my body to try and bite me, but I plunged a combat knife into its chest put another two shots and its head and it still wasn't dead.

I should have got this on PC because aiming with controllers is awful and I've never been able to do it.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Hearing Mr x stomping around gives me mad anxiety.

How do I get the gear box down from the place it is in the clock tower?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

marshmallow creep posted:

Go to the third floor east above the chief's office. There is a room with a gear and a heart key door. Take that gear back around to the clock tower. Plug it into the first machine, then take it back out and go up. The rest of the steps should be obvious from there.

I got the large gear and got the stairs to descend, and I was able to put a small gear into a machine, but I don't think I found the heart key.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Vikar Jerome posted:

how is despawning lickers a puzzle solution

My lickers only reset their location. Drop down and Chase you, run out and in again, it will be somewhere else and idle, listening for you.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Dammit I can't figure out how to get to the lower supply storage room in the lower sewers.

This is killing me :(

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

I beat my first run with Leon on what ended up being assisted mode. Got a b rating, and unlocked new game second run. did I read correctly that there are game modes with unlimited ammo for the handgun in some other weapons? How do I go about playing those game modes with those unlimited weapons?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Oh I have to try and be good to get them?

:smith:

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Claire's 2nd run is messing me up badly because it's like half the RPD station is done. Everything is out of order and I can't cope :(

What is it with Japanese character designers and shoulder pads?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

I'm one tenth of one percent gayer for having seen this.

And I like it.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Vakal posted:

I just wanted a scene where she revealed she still had Claire's jacket and put it on during the last parts of her scenario as the universal signal that some serious poo poo was about to go down.

Hell, I would haven even taken the jacket as an alt costume for her in mercs mod, but Capcom was only interested in stuffing her into child sized school clothes for her alts.

Nothing workin' as hard in Raccoon City as that second button :catstare:

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Don't think I ever made it into chief irons office.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Has anyone died to regular zombies?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Why does Claire have an SAA in 45?

Why? What am odd choice for a fun to put in a zombie game set in 1999.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

The Magnum is very handy for popping eyes on G mutants and Big Willie B.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Going to try for an S rating on standard. Are there any GOON APPROVED youtubes that play through it?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Going to try for an S rating on standard. Are there any GOON APPROVED youtubes that play through it?

Aaaand was pounded by DMX in the library.

Welp I guess I enjoyed my single play through of the game. Got no desire to try and complete a point and click adventure by rote memorization, on a timer, with an unkillable brute breathing down my neck!

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

S+ hardcore is the one that requires 3- saves, you can save as often as you like on plain S rank (which will net you infinite pistol on standard difficulty and infinite SMG on hardcore difficulty). Don't feel too discouraged. If you watch uhtrance's videos on youtube, you get a really clear idea of where to go and what to do.

You can try standard difficulty plain S rank first to get the infinite pistol, then use that on hardcore for an easier run to get the infinite SMG afterwards.

I am trying standard difficulty :(

The game timer doesn't revert to your previous save if you reload. Saved just before DMX tosses the helicopter out of the way and he's introduced at 58 minutes. Died in the library at 1hr10mins. Reloaded the point just before DMX is introduced, game timer is at 1hr10mins.

You can afford to make 0 mistakes.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Caidin posted:

So if the sewer rats were the primary factor in spreading the T-virus all over town why did we never get giant rats enemies back when they were just bigging up animals for you to fight?

I guess there were tarantula's in Raccoon City sewers.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LMAO @ the library hack the speedrunners are using to teleport to the club key and never trigger Mr. X.

Tell me more

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Start at 13:30 to see the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJqqlyUFp4Q

Kill the fat zombie with the insane health pool then do this.

e: also, if you keep watching, if you do this you can never go to the exterior stairs with fence you meet Claire at /helicopter crash. The game shits itself inside out.

Is that anywhere as easy as it looks? The guy playing it seemed able to trigger the Claire/chain link for scene. Leon gets on the radio and days he's surrounded by zombies, and that only happens after the crash.

That big didn't break the game did it? It can be used to get an s rating?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

http://imgur.com/gallery/E2jY3hB

gently caress you.

DEAD GAY FORUM fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 13, 2019

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

How is Leon so weak he can't push off a dead body trying to bite him?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

https://youtu.be/AEZW91Vowz8

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/TwUxOIb.mp4

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

s.i.r.e. posted:

Thomas might be creepy, but that guys playing is the scariest thing of them all. How can you be that bad.

Probably going for footage of Mr. Thomas over pro tier S+.

The original GIF has the Thomas theme which is extra tense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wY1FnQ9ygg&t=15s

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Jimbot posted:

Had a busy day!

Growing up if i needed help with video games, friends would come over and beat a troublesome part for me. Can you come over and give me an S on Leon and Claire so I can have the infinite ammo guns :smith:

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Had a dream about a game that played exactly like RE2Make but you were an OSS officer infiltrating some Nazi castle/estate (explaining all the Weird Puzzles) to take back the Spear of Destiny bc the protagonist is a descendant of Longinus so they can actually wield it without melting but the Nazis tore open a hole into Hell Event Horizon style and all the ppl in the castle/estate got zombified or turned into licker-like demons.

It was cool.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Basticle posted:

I have no interest in this specific mod but the fact that this is even possible is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf43gi0h9Ds

Too much hair clipping

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Are you supposed to Target the eye on G1, or just pump all of your ammo into him?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

i dont get it

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

G-Visine get's the red out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

s.i.r.e. posted:

Does anyone else think that Capcom is loving up by not giving us the old-school games on PC? Honestly, just dump RE1-3 and CV:X into a bundle so we can still enjoy them. Then give us all variations in between.

I think remaking games is expensive and only targets a niche audience. Not a good ROI