Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Hi

For about 25 years I was too scared to play a resudent evil game but something in the last year clicked in me and I'm not scared no more (except for music that poo poo still scares me) . So far I've beaten:

RE2R (okay)
RE5 (I beat this when it came out in coop and loved it)

Played and got pretty close to beating;
RE8 (got about a hour left)
RE1R (got about 3 hours left)
RE7 (only got to the basement when it came out never played it after)

I've started but not played more than a hour:
RE1PS1
RE3R
RE4

I think my favorite parts of RE are when it's linear and you get to shoot zombies. I'm not a huge fan of having like a huge Map that I need to explore. At this moment I'm going through RE1R and it's fun but I don't like it that much because I get lost and have to look up a guide.

So I'm wondering what one I should play next. I was debating on Revelations 2 since both the Retronauts podcast and retro game thread here said its good, plus I guess there a mode that let's you just run around and kill poo poo? Otherwise are any of the f
Others either original ps1 or whatever more linear / action orientated?

I might finish RE3R next possibly - I played it last week up to the first Nemesis fight and pauses it but haven't picked it back up.

Thanks goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo yeah that sounds awesome lol. Ok playing that next then

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat posted:

I can't relate to this at all and prefer the exact opposite but since you like what you like, then definitely RE3make and the Revelations games. I don't remember that much about RE5 but I don't recall getting lost much so much as not liking the AI co-op and I noped out quick on RE6 but I think both of those games are more run and gun and less looking around for poo poo.

If you want a really liner RE experience and have a Wii than those on rails shooters might be up your alley. I had some fun with them. 1, 2, 4, 7 and 8 might involve a little too much exploration and item hunting than you would prefer, but especially 1 and 2. RE7 in particular also has some areas that are pretty dedicated towards stealth and sneaking around. RE4 strikes a nice balance between the two I think.

Have you tried the Left for Dead series?

lol no worries i'm weird and thanks for this post.

So I beat RE1R and it was ok. I enjoyed my time but my favorite part of the game was the lab because it had just the right balance of exploration and backtracking that was perfect for my brain.

Instead of finishing RE3 I jumped into RE:Revelations and besides the bullet spongeyness of the enemies this game rules.

I actually find it "scarier" than RE1R because of the scarcity of ammo. But I had a particular moment when I was fighting the first mate boss and I ran out of bullets (after dieing like 3 times to him for the same reason) and before swearing off the game forever out of frustration I ran up to him and sliced him and won. It was a amazing feeling.

God RE rules.

It's weird to think 20 years ago (I might've already told this story) my best bud got me RE1 for PS1 for a birthday gift and I put it in, got up to that first zombie cutscene and got so scared I took the disc and case, ran outside and threw it somewheres random in my moms garage. It's probably still there.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I've started RE2 on DC and 2anted to ask a quick question, do I have to do any puxel hunting in the original RE2 or is most items obvious?

I've beaten RE2R so hopefully that'll help.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Sweeet thanks

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Got bored with Revelations 1 at about chapter 6 so I went back to RE3R. Just finished the hospital and I enjoy it so far. It was fun going to the police station and just laying into everything or punching everything with Carlos.

Question, I saw the clock tower and know it was a huge controversy that it was removed. But was it that substantial amount of content on RE3 ps1?

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
thats my situation - I paid $12 for it lol.

I kinda like the length though :shrug: I dunno hwo much I have left tho

edit: looks like I just got to the nest lab

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh can't beat this second to last nemesis fight in the huge round room

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Just beat RE3R. I enjoyed it. Jill kicks rear end and I hope she comes back someday

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Also sorry to ask this but....is RE6 worth playing like at all?

So far i've beaten:
RE1
RE2R
RE3R
RE5

Got very close to beating:
RE8
RE4
RER

Haven't Played:
CV
2 original
3 original
RER2

Put some time into:
RE1 PS1

wondeirng which to play next.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Sweet. I got up to chapter 6 in Revelations 1 and just haven't gone back to it yet - it was fun. Maybe i'll start Revelations 2.

CV i've always wanted to play but yeah heard about it being possible to screw yourself over with it. Wonder if the DC Mod version of CVX fixes anything?

Also will try Re6. Thanks all

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

site posted:

the what

hackers ported code veronica X to Dreamcast

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Just started RE6 and it's already batshit crazy lmao.

So what campaigns should I play before o ultimately burn out

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Already beat re2make

I'll do Leon's first probably. Why my girl Jill not in this for Ada

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
RE6 2 hours in and it seems ok. Graphics and controls suck but some of the things they do with zombies are fun.

Question, where or how do I buy new skills

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Ohhh okay cool thanks

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Huh somehow didn't realize there was a dodge roll. That would've helped lmao

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
RE6...what the gently caress did I just witness at the end of Leon's chapter 1.....this game is wow

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

man nurse posted:

Pretty sure it just end with a bus of survivors crashing and they end up in a cemetery.

If that was your bar for “what did I just witness”, oh boy, strap yourself in.

It was this, it felt like NotLDish which I loooove.

Then the fat zombies came out. That blew my mind

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Question, where did all this reverence for Ada Wong come from? Is she a CV character? I feel like I ran into her once and then never again while playing RE123

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
That would explain why I barely remember her. I played RE4 when it came out and never beat it. Waiting for the remake to play it again

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
How was welcomento raccoon city

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
And the TV show

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
aw bummer.

I haven't seen any of the RE movies except for the first one when it came out. I should watch em again

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

codo27 posted:

The movie is one of the worst things you could ever watch, please dont see it.

it's horror schlock isn't it? thats my fav type of movie lol

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Oh sweet I'll check it out lol

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Does anyone remember that really old youtube video that parodies RE4, live action with the same over the shoulder camera, I think he's walking through a hospital? A Pepsi can is used as a flashbang?

I do oddly.

Also, just beat Leon's Chapter 2, that was boring and the mine went on forever

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Sweet I'll definitely beat this then go to that one. I think I like this game but don't love it? Mostly miss typewriters

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Finally beat RE8 after stopping literally before the mecha fight and essentially the ending back in April or may and not realizing how close I was to the end.

I liked it overall. Is the dlc worth playing

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's a bit mixed. I'd say it's worthwhile on the whole, but it's like 2/3 good with a very annoying chunk in the middle that I don't like.

Bummer. I'll still check it out though thanks.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
While waiting for RE4R I decided to try out some RE likes

Such as Deep Fear for the saturn. Oh boy this game has some problematic elements

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Give me all of the RE clone recs. Didn't know Cold Fear existed lol

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I found a list that said Gallerians and Deep and Cold Fear are the best knockoffs

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
You know, that's probably why I'm super excited for the RE4 remaster; it's not a super dark game. Dead Space Remake is amazing, but its sooooooo dark.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I loveee Heisenberg. Was he similiar to any other characters in media?

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Actually that's a good question - what is the chronological most recent Resident Evil? Would it be 8? Chris doesn't look that much older though in 8 compared to 5, so are we currently stuck in ~2005 in the RE universe

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Resident evil loving rules lol

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
What's the best version of RE2 Original? Is it the Dreamcast one? I think I read that that one has some additional content in it, but I wasn't sure if the GameCube version had those as well.

Sucks there's no way to play the original trilogy on modern consoles :( I would even take a Switch port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo. Wonder if the SourceNext one can be played on the Steam Deck