Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Sorry for asking a silly and perhaps frequent question, but after playing Signalis for a bit I'd like to try Resident Evil. I've never played any of them except for RE4 (Switch) for a bit. I'm not sure where to start particularly with all the remakes. What do you all suggest?

I have RE 1-3 as PSOne Classics, RE4 on Switch, all the Steam games that were in the Humble Bundle a few months ago (so 1-3 remakes, 4, Revelations, 0, 5-7, and Village). I also have "access" to the GC/Wii versions of 1-3 (or 4 for some reason) that I can play on my Deck.

As I understand, GC/Wii REmake is basically the same as the modern Steam version, but also effectively a polished version of the PSX game, while GC 2-3 are just ports of the PSX version (but still better to play?), and the modern 2-3 remakes are quite different games being much more influenced by the later shooter entries.

Would you say Steam REmake, GC 2-3, then 4, and maybe the modern 2-3 remakes? Other than novelty is there a reason to return to the PSX games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Anonymous Robot posted:

Are you planning to play every single game?
Realistically I'd probably peter out then pick it up in another decade or so.

Doomykins posted:

RE2Remake and RE3R are entirely new games compared to the PSX games and both sets are good, so the reason is Playing Good Resident Evil Games.
Yeah I guess I'm trying to figure out how "different" the GC 2-3 are from the PSX and assuming you wouldn't realistically play both these days if there's a specific reason to return to the PSX ones.

Forgot about Code Veronica, good point.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Is there such a thing as inverted tank controls?