Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

My loving DLP lamp died this morning after playing a couple hours of REmake last night. :argh:

That being said, I'm really impressed at the visuals in this game. I was prepared for the worst with some of the backgrounds not being properly touched up, but so far I haven't noticed anything heinous. You can tell that some didn't get the love that others did, but they tend to be dark and without much contrast so it hides a lot. I'm really thrilled with this purchase--especially for the price. I'd love for them to give RE2 this treatment if they're impressed with the sales of this and RE:0 HD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Grey Fox posted:

Is this really in the cards, though? A new RE2 would require a much bigger investment than RE/RE:0 since it wouldn't simply be a refined/upscaled Gamecube game. Capcom seems extremely adverse to pouring those kind of resources into a game these days without some additional incentive. Those assets ain't cheap!

/debbiedowner

Nah, I didn't mean to imply it was in the cards. It's just a nice pipe dream. :shobon:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Playing through the REmake and it's interesting to me that with all of the crazy triggers/branching ways things can play out in the game, they never really accounted for you reading the report in the Mansion that explicitly says the entire thing was a setup to lure in STARS. Then when you run into Enrique and he tells you the exact same thing, Jill acts like it's new information by default. I guess that can just be ascribed to Jill being Jill, though.

I loved the HD REmake. Just finished my first playthrough--going to jump in with Chris next, which should be fun since I've never done a Chris playthrough.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Neo Rasa posted:

It could just be the chapter select screen for the game, like it doesn't have to be illustrated it just have a list of "what routes were completed."

Yeah, I'd love just a list of "quicksaves" before I locked myself out of branches in a playthrough so that I could easily go back after beating the game and see variations on cutscenes.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

blackguy32 posted:

The new controls don't really give you THAT much of an advantage. You are still capable of being bitten. Please don't act like a lovely Gamefaqs poster that freaks out that people are playing the game the "wrong" way. In fact, much of the tension comes from the unknown and zombies cease being a problem about 30-45 minutes into the game anyhow.

I'll mostly agree with this. I played through it with the new control scheme and it didn't seem that much easier than with tank controls--if anything it felt more like a quality of life improvement. Dogs, Crimson Heads and Hunters were still difficult to maneuver around.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Despite playing every RE game except for ORC, this is my first time trying out Raid mode. I'm really enjoying it, though I wish enemies (or at least bosses/powered-up enemies) had a random chance to drop ammo.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

That's everything I would ever want it to be.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

DeathSandwich posted:

Is there not a new episode of Revelations 2 this week? PS4 network should be done updating for the week and nothing has hit the store yet.

I don't think the webstore has finished updating yet for whatever reason.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I was enjoying Rev2 a good bit, but my enjoyment skyrocketed when I started using Moira as a meatshield in episode 3 to absorb all of the zombie-explosions. This is great.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

"Go jump on a dildo, boss!"

Followed by the achievement: Here's my Resignation (end of Claire's chapter, episode 3)

I love the writing in this game.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I didn't realize there were only going to be four episodes, that bums me out. For some reason I thought there would be 5. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth, I am just enjoying this more than I thought I would and don't want it to end just yet. I didn't enjoy much of Episode 2, but Episode 1 and 3 have been really fun.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I was really hopeful that Episode 4 would have Moira able to use guns after what happened at the end of the chapter. But now that I found out you can have either Claire or Moira shoot the boss, that pretty much kills that hope.(end of episode 3/Claire spoilers)

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I haven't had a chance to play Episode 4 yet, but what are the qualifications for which ending you get? Do you only get the good ending if you S Rank everything? If anyone can lay it out for me with minimal spoilers for Episode 4, that would be awesome.

vvvvv Awesome, already did that. Thanks! :smug:

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 18, 2015

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Just finished up the main story last night. I loved this game. It was campy and fun and had just enough slightly-bullshit-yell-when-I-died parts to make it a great RE game, to me. It was shorter than I wanted it to be, which will hopefully be fixed by more DLC missions, but overall it's probably my favorite RE in a long time. Playing it immediately after REmake HD was great, because it really felt like Barry stepped out of that game and into this one with no changes.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Barry. Barry no. You just killed a man Barry. Now is not the time for dad jokes.

I lie, it's always time for dad jokes.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty bummed. I finally snapped and bought the REmake on steam a few days ago and just got around to installing it but I'm suffering huge audio desync in the opening cutscense and once I get to the game everything seems to be moving at half speed. apparently my 1/2 decade old laptop is juuuust too slow to run it. There's $20 down the drain. Just another reason to keep saving for a new PC :sigh:

In my game, the boss had just grabbed Natalia and flung her around right before I killed him. So Barry looked even more insensitive by not consoling her and just immediately busting out the dad jokes. It was the best. :allears:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Wanderer posted:

You know, I don't recall off the top of my head. In the original game, if Barry lives to see the Tyrant, Wesker admits right beforehand that he'd been bluffing the entire time and Barry's family was never in any danger. Is that the case in the HD Remaster?

I don't think he ever mentions this in the Remaster, at least I don't remember hearing it on my last time through.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

W.T. Fits posted:

I still think this post from Crowetron neatly summarizes why Nemesis and RE3 are the best.

Wow. That was the best thing I've ever read. Just, wow.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Just beat REmake 3. I really enjoyed it the entire way through, but I couldn't help but feel like it ended right as I was hitting my stride and getting into it. I knew it'd be a short game, but I wish there would've been some more meat or padding to some of the areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

A little late to the Dead Space chat, but my favorite part from 1 was when I looked up a list of chapters to see how far I was into the game and saw they spell out NICOLE IS DEAD.

I keep meaning to play DS2. DS1 was a one-trick pony in a lot of ways, but I really enjoyed running through it with only the plasma cutter.