Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Kilometers Davis posted:

2 questions about Revelations 2

Can I play raid mode before actually starting the main game? My girlfriend likes to watch me play horror games and she's tied up with The Sims 4 right now so I was thinking of buying it to play raid for a while. It could be a nice way to get a feel for the controls.

Is there a reason to buy the season pass over each individually? I've had tough luck with frustrating survival horror lately so the $5 is a perfect way to test this out.

e: oh yeah, is raid made balanced for single player? I don't care for coop so I'll be going at it alone

the game autostarts the campaign but you can just exit to the main menu once you get control of claire

the season pass is less effort i guess? also slightly cheaper: it's six dollars per episode individually, five per for the season pass, and the pass comes with a raid mode level pack and hunk

raid mode is fine single player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

LadyPictureShow posted:

I absolutely lost it when they hit the commands for 'yippee ki-yay' and 'lunatic thumbs up'. Does every character have goofy spaz out options?

they're customizable, any character can have any goofy emote, and a lot of them are from lost planet 2, the gold standard in goofy emotes. it is a Good Addition To The Gameplay Experience

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

Toxsyl posted:

I think the character Cipher is bugged or something in this game, as the character will not unlock for me. Also I noticed when I play this game in windowed mode I get less framerate drops.

it's not 90 total medals, it's 90 completion (win, at or under par level, no healing, kill everything in one run) medals, which is impossible at the moment. there just aren't enough levels.

also, did you know that other character's completion medals don't count? i found that out after like two hours of replaying gauntlets

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

Niggurath posted:

So what jerk thought it was a good idea to make every gauntlet on the Code Red difficulty level 90? Cause I thought I'd be able to steam roll my way through it with Hunk...and then I get half way through gauntlet 2 and I hit level 90. So now I have to level up my next closest character 20+ levels and even then, that character will maybe be able to finish another gauntlet and half. I guess I don't need the completion medals to unlock the omega code red level?

you know you can like, set your character's level before you enter a mission right? hunk can be level 90 forever ~if you believe~

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

My theory is that they are going for the "zombify after death but the virus doesn't kill you" thing. So when Leon finally kicks the bucket he will zombify, which will make the funeral really awkward.

there's a file in game that states roughly 10% of the population is straight up immune to the t-virus

that 10% comprises the entirety of the playable cast of resident evil, outside of the outbreak people