Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The new map so far feels so good and logical, as do all the new touches like the lobby becoming a triage area, riot doors blocking personnel areas, and shelves pulled down in a hurry. I'm genuinely curious about how weird it gets when we get into Irons goofing with security on behalf of Umbrella...or if he does at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

I actually think all the effort and detail they put into the new station clashes in a fairly effective way with the over-emphasis on the Resident Evil keys and puzzles and stuff. It 's a really weird experience.

"Ok, we're a smallish size city that shouldn't have an elite task force, so the guys who know a little more about Umbrella get this totally arbitrary CLUB KEY for doors that no one else needs to access" kinda almost makes sense these days, moreso than all the locked doors did when RE2 first came out.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Broose posted:

Voice acting in this game is good. Just kinda weird direction at times I guess? Clair's awkward crushing on Leon at the gate seems so weird, but at least it is funny. I wonder if there was a lot more that just got cut for some reason. Seems like they knew each other well by the time, rather than the short car ride.

With the way I played that section, I figured it was her being apologetically nice since I left Leon standing at the gate in the pouring rain for about 20 minutes.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Seems like a combination of time, gathering items, and then going back out to the center of the area and the stream where the cutscene starts. An enemy needs to grab you and be able to put you into the right spot. Staying inside where it's safe will never trigger the end of the event.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
It's not a great way to do a scene like this. The simple bell timer in RE4 was a much more elegant solution that felt less like the player is doing something wrong.