Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Forgot this was out this week, yay gamefly :toot: What's this pistol technique I've seen in videos though, where it seems to lock on to the nearest baddie and your character kinda goes all :commissar: ?

Looks pretty cool, whatever it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Man, all this melee and CQC and poo poo, and who's missing out?

I miss you, Billy :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Why the hell are regular 'ole zombies shrugging off numerous pistol rounds to the skull? I've had a few that took a full on shotgun blast and kept on trucking.

What the gently caress video game :mad:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Section Z posted:

Also this. Oh good, I just blew off the top half of that Zombie's skull after seven consecutive headshots, time to reloa*gets a face full of acid from a zombie with only half a head* MOTHER FUCKER.

Yeah it's just... dumb. The head is such a tiny loving target and to nail it on an erratic critter with these kinda loose controls should be rewarded.

And hey, zombies getting shot in the loving dome tend to make them stop doing everything. Usually.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Who the gently caress decided it would be a good idea to have the player press Start, then A button 3 times, then Start, then A button another 6 times to start playing the game after loading it from the dashboard? That's just not user-friendly at all :argh:

And not being able to pause what the poo poo :cmon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I beat Leon's campaign tonight and it just seemed to drag on for way too long at the end. Maybe I was imagining poo poo, I dunno.

This game just feels off. Which is sad, because when you do something cool it's usually really cool and you want more cool poo poo, but bam the game just fell on its face again and it's squirming on the ground shrieking and making GBS threads itself :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Billy is dead? That sounds like some bullshit Rebecca would spread. And you're not going to listen to her stupid rear end, are you? What would Billy do?

He'd piledrive those lies right through a table like Mike loving Haggar.

That's what Billy would do.

In fact the next game should just be Billy & Barry co-op. Dropkicks and revolvers all the time. And Leon could be their handler oh and Chopper Mike is back. Pow, GOTY.

Who's campaign should I start next, Chris or Jake? Does it even matter? Resident Evil what happened to you :(

AASman posted:

This is the best synopsis of the game that I've come across.

Why thanks :tipshat:

I was telling a buddy yesterday that Resident Evil has basically become that great person you've known for years but kinda grew apart. Then oh they're back in town? Cool, let's hang out and catch up!

Oh.

You've got six kids.
And five known daddies.
And four teeth.
And a three way addiction between booze, oxy, and meth.

Granted this may be me comparing a video game franchise to some folks I knew back in school and recently bumped into. But the feeling of disappointment and wasted potential is still there.

But at least the game doesn't have a pungent aroma that you can actually taste in the back of your mouth.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Wanderer posted:

The fact that Barry had already reproduced by the time of the first game is a source of endless entertainment to me. I would play an entire game that's just Barry doing his best to raise his daughters, who are endlessly embarrassed by, yet proud of, him.

Dad, please don't tell my date how you're going to mellow them with yellow fizz :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SirDrone posted:

I'm still waiting for Platinum Games Or Cyber Connect to make a spin-off featuring Jake and Billy :v:

oh my god this would be loving amazing