Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Found a shotgun before my time ran out but I never found a licker to use it on. Needed either more zombies or less ammo because I was able to dome every one I came across and still had over 40 bullets left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Interesting, I nailed a bunch dead in the head and they did not stay/go down. Perhaps it's just a sweet spot you have to hit that I don't know about.

It generally takes 2-4 shots to bring one down unless you get a lucky crit and blow their head clean off. I don't worry about if they stay down, just whether they can chomp me at any given moment. Just don't shoot them when they're on the ground or they'll just get up right away when they'd be content to just chill for a good while.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

DeadButDelicious posted:

I got into the habit very quickly (like, maybe after the first zombie?) of swiping with the knife just to make sure they were dead. Saved me a few bullets here and there.

That's probably why they made knives have durability.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Firstborn posted:

Hopefully a mod where Mr. X fucks off forever kind of like the one for Alien: Isolation that lets you really look at stuff. Not for a first playthrough, maybe, but I'm stressed just thinking about. The parts in RE7 where Invincible Dad followed you around were more annoying than anything.

That's what infinite ammo weapons are for.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mindblast posted:

The one part where Jack followed you that kinda annoyed me was right at beginning, in my first playthrough. Only limited space to navigate and a pursuir who is always a bit faster than you and I was still figuring out what my options were. Later I figured out the power of Door In Face and it all became just sort of funny, both there and in later sections.

That scene you get if you don't quite open that basement hatch before he gets you is a masterpiece, though.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hell I might re-install 7 and just play up to the chainsaw fight because everything up to and including that was the best part of the game IMO.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dang I forgot how short and easy RE7 is when you've unlocked everything. I think I spent a good couple minutes just owning Jack with the circular saw and infinite ammo albert-01.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Caidin posted:

Man Lickers do not gently caress around.

I finally got the second spare key so I could get that hip pack from the gear room lockers and I had to deal with two of those fuckers plus Mr. X decided to saunter in from behind me. Thank god that safe room is right there.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Teenage Fansub posted:

Do the Samurai Edge weapons have any advantage over upgrading Matilda?
I swapped to one of them right away cause they had higher magazines, but then quickly found Matilda's mag upgrade which dwarfs that.

I think they're better until you get both the muzzle break and extended mag.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Caidin posted:

Yeah gently caress you Willy I didn't want those bullets anyway. Put all my shotgun ammo into him.

Oh though I guess it's my own fault for being stingy with these grenades I found.

I nailed him with two grenades and he still ate like 16 shotgun shells and a couple dozen handgun bullets. I wonder if he's only vulnerable when his big eye is out.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

On Claire's route it's a handgun, no idea if it's any good because I'm using the preorder gun.

On Leon's route it's an upgrade item that adds a stock to your pistol for 3 round bursts, but you can still fire singles with it easily if you want.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It's probably worth it because in my limited experience it seemed to pop heads fairly regularly if you land the full burst.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Elderbean posted:

I have a GTX 1060 but according to the graphics options I only have 2GB of available memory, is that normal? It doesn't seem to matter if I go beyond the memory it says I have.

I have a 1080 and it says I have zero. Just ignore it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Just beat Claire B and now I'm wondering what I gotta do to unlock an infinite minigun. Also the spark gun sucks for anything but the big G mutant guys.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Y'all remember Tofu, right? There's 5 kinds of it now, all with different loadouts. Including Flan who has a rocket launcher, a minigun and the spark gun for some weird reason.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

One thing about Mr. X I find disappointing: He never busts through walls to get you. That was my absolute favorite part of the original.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

He did this to me twice. I think it's all in how you lead him.

Well dang. If they kept the licker busting through the interrogation room window it would be nice if they kept at least a scripted one of those. I guess I was just too good at evading him.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Heavy Metal posted:

Right on, thanks. One other question, do we know the logic to the yellow padlock puzzles on lockers? The one on Leon's desk is explained, haven't found ones for in the shower room etc. When googling it I just find the codes.

Cool game by the way, good ol' RE.

The shower room one is on a whiteboard, the 3rd floor one is on a film roll and the sewer one is on a flyer.

Caidin posted:

That said I still confused as to exactly how outbreak progressed. Like Leon was told to stay away a week ago so presumably they were in crisis then, Raccoon city proper is presently completely FUBAR and probably has been for a bit but that deputy from the same county didn't seem to realize what he was dealing with. Plus that talk show from the starting bit with the trucker has a dude talk about seeing a zombie in probably some other town?

It kinda makes sense if you pretend the world of RE is one where the idea of zombies just didn't exist before. What else would be their frame of reference for what is happening?

Republicans fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 27, 2019

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Welp, I can stop playing now. I won.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Andrigaar posted:

Goddamn.

Where did you save, and what were the parts you had to repeat the most?

I saved right before getting the keycard in the jail, right away in the sewers and right before G3. Honestly the bosses are the easiest part so long as you can bring enough ammo and health into them, which means getting through the especially scary parts like the jail or the meat sewer with minimal resource losses. The jail you can get through with a single flashbang if you're quick enough and don't get grabbed by a straggler while juking Mr. X.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

PantsBandit posted:

Got to the very end of 4th Survivor only to die to the plant dudes out front because I didn't have any sub-weapons left to deal with them.

That was...frustrating.

Tofu is easier to finish with than Hunk because he's got 16 goddamn knives.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm at 57/58 for lore explorer and damned if I know what I missed at this point.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Jimbot posted:

Any tips on dealing with the sewer monsters as Claire before getting the Spark Shot?

Shoot the first one once while it's partially submerged and run past it as it emerges. Use a flashbang on the second one or try to run past it and counter its grab with a sub-weapon then run past the 3rd before it gets out of the pipe.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Aces High posted:

every since I switched over to the original soundtrack I can't switch to the new soundtrack, all the original tracks just fit so well in the places where they queue up :allears:

loving Willie B knocking you down and coming at you with a pipe and this poo poo starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61iUtobos1k
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yesssssss that's the good poo poo

Also you get your title screen "RESIDENT EVIL TWO" VA back.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

You could probably just do Nemesis as a stand-alone story DLC.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Vikar Jerome posted:

still makes my eyes pop when i see people saying this. lmao.

Even in it's day I thought 3 was kinda slight compared to 2. I dunno what they could do to build on it to make it a full $60 game but you can easily condense it into a single scenario and charge $30 for it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

MiddleOne posted:

My impression is that this something CAPCOMs trademark adaptive difficulty tinkers with in real-time. Since zombie health has such a huge variance to begin with (anywhere in-between 2 and 14 bullets by my count) I don't think whether the system remembers or not would actually make a difference. The game clearly scales zombies either randomly or by how well you're doing in and I would presume that applies to zombies you've shot but not killed as well. Similiar to how zombies can appear downed the first time you pass by a room and kill them but later 'resurrect' upon your return.

One definite factor in enemy health scaling is how much ammo you have. This includes infinite ammo weapons, so if you run around with the infinite pistol or SMG you can expect your non-infinite weapons to pack significantly less punch. Dunno if the infinite knife has any effect on scaling.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I dunno if turning the game resolution down to 720x480 and every other graphical option as low as possible is making my knife swipes significantly more effective than they would be otherwise but it's pretty fun playing the game like this. All it needs is a fixed camera mode and tank controls.

Funny thing is I get about 75-80fps at 1440p max settings but at that I only get maybe 150-200fps. :shrug:

Republicans fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 3, 2019

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's just the CPU reaching its limit. All those settings for graphical fidelity being lowered only offloads the work off the GPU. The CPU still has to work just as hard doing its bit. If you used MSI afterburner/rivatuner you would see CPU usage displayed at 100% all the time.

Aw that's lame. I want 900fps and a comedically overpowered knife. :(

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

blackguy32 posted:

Any tips for the 2 lab lickers in Claire A?

Flashbang and acid rounds.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Vikar Jerome posted:

new screenshot of kendos mode showing off the new enemy from ghost survivors

uhh.. okay.

Oh boy, poison zombies. Just what I always wanted.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Barudak posted:

Am I encountering a strange bug or is this a known thing that if you save, activate an enemy then load theres a chance the enemy will be gone forever when you reload? Its happened to me three times.

Probably related to a common Leon speedrun trick where if you try to open the heart key door in the room with the jack handle the licker in the outside hall will despawn/relocate. Activated enemies will wander all over the drat place in your absence.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Vic posted:

Why? Is it because of the section? That thing is so prescripted you can't fail once you have the solution

I'm surprised they didn't change his pattern at all between A and B.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Vakal posted:

Does Birkin G4 even take fire damage? I made it up to him with 20 flame rounds saved up thinking they would chew him up, but after going through all of them his eyes had barely changed color and I had to use all of the minigun's 500 rounds to finish him off.

One time I used cheat engine to enable infinite ammo/no reload and doused him with something like a hundred acid rounds and he wouldn't even transition to a new phase until I shot enough of his eyeballs out with bullets.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

sigher posted:

Is this a loving joke because lol.

I like it. The more human touches make him much creepier. I think he'll grow on people as we see more of him like Mr. X from REmake 2, who I remember got a lot of poo poo at first.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It is available on Xbox I think. I'm not hooking my OG fat Xbone up to play it, though.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

codo27 posted:

I can still remember being in the library in school when some older guys put Duke 3D on the computer there and broke out this cheat. Still one of the funniest things ever in a game

If I remember right it wasn't a cheat, there was a dedicated melee button that would display the "MIGHTY FOOT ENGAGED" message when you pressed it and you could use it with any weapon, including the selectable Mighty Foot.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Bussamove posted:

PC port seems to have a few optimization issues. I'll be cruising along at 144 fps and then suddenly tank to 20. It's leveled out at 70ish but I haven't gotten to the first typewriter yet so I can't quit out and see if it's some sort of memory leak or something. Fiddling with graphical settings doesn't seem to change it at all.

it really, really doesn't like the fly swarms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Wanderer posted:

Cleared the game on Standard, except for accidentally shifting down to Casual after dying on the final battle, in 13 hours.

Still sorting out my thoughts. I think I like most of it more than RE7, but I did find the next-to-last area a bit of a slog.

As long as it's not worse than the ship in RE7.