Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spiff_dedalus
Jul 15, 2004
The best-laid plans of mice and men go oft awry.
The brightness in Leon's section of the demo really threw me off. I took it from 20 all the way down to 0, the six was still plenty visible, but the game looked like I was playing inside of a dark closet. Not only enemies but the actual physical boundaries of the rooms were difficult to see.

I was feeling ambivalent about the gameplay after my first playthrough of the three scenarios (didn't even finish Jake's, because I wasn't really getting it yet, I guess). I tried it again earlier though, and it paired me up with some random guy on Xbox Live, and I ended up enjoying it a lot more. Having an actual partner made the enemies more manageable, and using dodge kept me from spending the entire demo getting knocked on my rear end.

One thing that amuses me about the RE series is how the characters have all gone from being ridiculously young when they are introduced to being relatively old as a result of the series timeline. Sherry was 12 in Resident Evil 2, and now she's a few years older than Jill was in the first Resident Evil. Chris is 40 now. :v:

spiff_dedalus fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiff_dedalus
Jul 15, 2004
As obnoxious as it was to have virtually nothing explained starting out, I did find it entertaining to continually learn new features about the game during my fourth, fifth, etc. playthroughs. "Oh, you're supposed to shoot the whoppers in the legs!" "Oh, you can duck while aiming to dodge poo poo!" It reminds me of playing Arkham Asylum, and not having the combat system click until the very end of hard mode on my second playthrough.

I still have absolutely no loving idea how to counter things effectively. Sometimes I do it on accident, but that's it. So, in that regard, it's exactly like the dodge system from RE3.

spiff_dedalus
Jul 15, 2004
Rev2 has reminded me of something I previously realized with both Rev1 and RE6 , which is that I don't understand residentevil.net at all. Am I right that these RE Points are functionally useless, or is there something worth buying on here somewhere?

I'm really enjoying the online co-op raid mode more than I thought I would, especially experimenting with characters and weapons I hadn't given a lot of attention. No idea what the gently caress is up with the online events though. Didn't the other consoles have a month to shoot that giant Dreadnaught thing? I just assumed I'd be able to jump into it a couple times to get a feel for it, before worrying about unlocking that skin...

So, I guess weighing that against the whole "random online co-op has made playing neglected low-level characters really enjoyable for me again" thing. Also picking characters based solely on gimmick pairing.