Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Mogomra posted:

This is such a strange demo, I'm not even sure RE7 will have any resemblance once it's released because of things like RE1.5 and all the incarnations of RE4.

uhhh the game comes out in like 7 months man. The demo is the game.

And it's not a PS4 exclusive.

I thought the demo was cool, but obviously not a typical Resident Evil game. However that could change in the full game if you get a gun and end up running around a room frantically trying to shoot an enemy that's slowly lumbering toward you. And maybe a few weird monster bosses scattered throughout. If those moments happen in the game then really RE7 isn't that different from the first few games that everybody liked, it'll just be a change of camera settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Why do the graphics look so awful? Some of the textures look like ps2 level

If the game is supposed to run completely on PSVR then it ain't gonna have amazing graphics. But I thought it looked good.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I just hope they don't go full blown Amnesia/Outlast and make it "run and hide because you can't fight," not letting us blast monsters would be going too far imo

As people have pointed out there is an "aim assist" option in the menu, so there's bound to be some kind of shooting combat in the full game. That, and the fact that there is an inventory system with limited space makes me pretty hopeful this won't deviate too far from Resident Evil.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

oh wow, apparently the demo for RE7 isn't even in the full game?

That's cool. This demo is just meant to be a tonal showcase of what's to come, not actually a segment from the full game. Then if you keep watching a developer literally says "The pillars of Resident Evil: horror/survival, exploration, resource management, puzzles, and combat. Those are all in this game."

I think RE7 is gonna be a good Resident Evil. Maybe?

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 14, 2016

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

There are still moments from Resident Evil 1 and 2 that scare the poo poo out of me 20 years later.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

RE7 is gonna be good in VR, probably not too special otherwise.

I hope Mr. Baker rises from the dead one last time while you're watching the credits.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Yeah I kinda gotta echo what everyone else is saying. Not a Hero and End of Zoe DLC are just.. alright. Not bad, not great. And this is coming from someone who feels Resident Evil 7 was the best game of 2017 and the Banned Footage DLC was very enjoyable.

I do appreciate that the developers mixed up the gameplay formulas for all the DLCs, but NaH and EoZ are just a little too goofy to be story related DLC. And really my main issue is there's just no reason to play as Chris Redfield or Joe Baker. Clancy was integrated into the base game, so having him be the star of Banned Footage was badass. Playing as Chris and Joe is just fan service.

I will say if Not a Hero's salt mines were remixed & replaced with the salt mines we got in the base game I think people would have liked the ending chapter a bit more. And if you took Jack Baker as Swamp Thing and inserted him somewhere in the base game for Ethan to fight that probably would have been pretty cool too. The DLC had some good ideas but yeah for 1 hour experiences each and little replay value... eh... I'm left a little disappointed.

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 13, 2017

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Vikar Jerome posted:

End of zoes worth depends on how much you enjoy punching monsters and body slamming and power bombing boss characters.

The problem was the first time I did it I loved it, but then that was all there was to do in the DLC. You essentially are punching the molded with the same 1/2 combos for the entire chapter. The boss fight design was cool but that was also basically repeated 3 times too.

The boxing effigy items were a cool idea and could have been used to mix up the combat a bit. Instead of just 1% increase in power, maybe have one that doubles your punching speed, or doubles your range, or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Policenaut posted:

They have a second REmake 2 gameplay trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxJtQa6VSw

BTW I loving adored the RE Outbreak 1 throwback with the rat in trailer 1.

Why the heck didn't they show this trailer? The first one was cool, but this one actually shows how bad rear end this remake is, drat.