Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Is this the first Capcom game that is fully Steam integrated? Looks like it has Steam Achievements and all ... that's pretty cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I dunno I thought the tutorial level was pretty short and easy, and I doddled around and never once had to repeat anything.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I've only done a few chapters with Leon but I love it. The game is completely over the top, the set pieces are fun, and Leon has a back for trying to save people that will eventually die and try to kill him.

The port to PC runs smooth as silk and I don't need GFWL this time around. I let people join games and that's fun. I'm having a blast with it.

The only thing I can really complain about is that they really don't explain much of anything to you as far as gameplay or even where to unlock abilities. You really have to browse the menus to find anything. Other than that bravo Capcom on a great PC port.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Casull posted:

We should put it in the OP: If you're playing this on a PC with a controller, play Chris' campaign with a mouse :v:

The nice thing is it is so seamless to switch between the two, don't even have to pause.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Herd them towards barrels or other explosives.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's kind of annoying how you need to unlock costumes through the RE.net site ... it's just kind of a janky site.

Much like the game, it doesn't explain much. But apparently I should log in every day to get points.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I wish they could just replace the Mercenaries music with Midnight Ride for every level in every version of Mercenaries. Shame No Mercy doesn't unlock anything, it's fun as hell.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Wooph posted:

I've yet to find an onslaught game since release. Nobody seems to be playing it.

I've seen one public multiplayer game on mercenaries ever on PC. Not really a problem cause solo is fun, but drat ... if I didn't get the season pass for DLC, I certainly wouldn't pay $4 each for something that is dead on arrival.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

All the MP modes in RE6 were dead on arrival, I figure the same will happen with Revelations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

So that is what you were doing in RE5!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Haha!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If only Jake had suplexed that tank that busts in on him around his fifth chapter, that would have topped all the crazy that went into RE6.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Quint is the best character. Revelations owns.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Alteisen posted:

Funny way to spell Parker. :colbert:

I'm buying you lunch!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Expected the sailor suit happy to see the bondage one.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Lunethex posted:

The description for it was "Capcom has announced that it will return to the game's horror roots."

Resident Evil 4 - 6 has started out as "returning to its horror roots," and then the end product is something completely different.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

ApexAftermath posted:

So it says full controller support. Have they changed the controls to be more like RE5 and use both sticks?

It does, but you can't turn using the right stick. Best you can do is choose controller scheme 3 which lets you aim with it. Right stick is strictly camera unfortunately. Takes a little getting used to.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Reminds me of the original Resident Evil 4.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I LOST ALL OF MY MEN BECAUSE OF PIERS!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Where are you seeing the Steam price? Store still says "coming soon."

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

RE3 owns.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I'm surprised people can even work those controls considering they poo poo the bed when the camera angle changes. Guess it depends on what you're used to since I've actually grown fond of tank controls.

The new controls are fine as long as you keep holding the stick in the same direction when the angle changes.

They are great for knife killing zombies.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The costume was pretty awesome though.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I figure the sailor and bondage suits pretty much imply as much.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Lunethex posted:

You can get Revelations 2 Complete Edition (Steam) for $32 here using a GMG coupon, expires on Feb 2.

Coupon: 20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX

Thank you!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Awesome Welles posted:

Could have made good money putting this back in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJBpQYr-Dh0

Hahaha, holy poo poo why would they ever cancel such a marvelous weapon?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Is anyone else having an issue where when I go to start raid mode the game crashes. I tried a few times, then changed some graphics strings and I got in a level, beat it, then it hangs on "uploading." Had to hard quit, and now the game just crashes again.

Only on raid mode, everything else seems fine.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If they added biped sharks to the game that would be perfect.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just put Steam in offline mode and raid will work fine.

But yeah I think this patch made some of the raid levels even choppier :-/

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'd like if they fixed whatever the gently caress is up with raid mode crashing after the daily is complete.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Claire part of episode four is insanely short, the Barry one is nice though!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

RoanHorse posted:

RAID MODE CRASHES BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOO MANY FRIENDS
If you have over 99 Steam friends you get the deploy crash and the uploading hang.
The PC testing never accounted for this scenario.
The same problem that PS Tetris game had.

This was it for me! Purged 200 friends and now it's working fine!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Barry can still get the part if you use the flamethrower, you just can't turn it once it's on.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I noticed they fixed when you open a box in raid mode it doesn't take up your entire screen!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think you at least need to hit a save spot before you quit.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Barry is an overbearing but lovable dad, that line makes total sense!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The GFWL save converter tool for RE5 isn't working yet, correct?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

There will be a way to port over your GFWL save. It's in Options but not working yet.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you bought it on Steam it's automatically converted to Steamworks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It doesn't go online until next week.